Options

Did not see that coming!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
David slides through yet again?! He's awful!

Comments

• Options
    advidadvid Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..i thought they'd win by miles..
    a very good team leader....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    advid wrote: »
    ..i thought they'd win by miles..
    a very good team leader....

Who are you referring to?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was no surprise to me that Alice's team lost. David was disorganised but his theme was better and so was the pricing.
  • Options
    JayneykulJayneykul Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    She missed a trick not taking Andrew in the boardroom. The task failed on pricing that is what he does as was pointed out make desserts and sell them in a pub. He should have known what to sell and how to price it. Im glad he wasnt btw I like him. Thought Alice did deserve to go as she just didnt grasp things. Maria is like nails on a blackboard to me. Ashleigh is my favourite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayneykul wrote: »
    She missed a trick not taking Andrew in the boardroom. The task failed on pricing that is what he does as was pointed out make desserts and sell them in a pub. He should have known what to sell and how to price it. Im glad he wasnt btw I like him. Thought Alice did deserve to go as she just didnt grasp things. Maria is like nails on a blackboard to me. Ashleigh is my favourite

Ashleigh is my favourite as well. And agree with Maria, I would not be able to sit there while she smirked and grimaced to everything I said, I'd call her up on it. Lord Sugar did notice, she's on a wire with him.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The basic rule of apprentice viewing is that if a certain person /team is made to look like they're absolute firing material that they'll be safe as they like to fool us but after so many times we've seen it and know that when person X is made to look like a fool as the PM he'll survive
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailers for this week's programme have been showing stuff that didn't happen until they were back in the boardroom so it was clear to me that Alice and her team were going to lose as they hadn't shown that clip when the results were announced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    They fired a perfectly capable, mature and intelligent contestant so they could keep the mental Irish shouty one in because she's good telly. Oh well.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They fired a perfectly capable, mature and intelligent contestant so they could keep the mental Irish shouty one in because she's good telly. Oh well.

It's weird that Sugar chose Alice instead of Navdeep, though.

Fair enough that Maria was kept in as TV fodder. But why Alice when Navdeep isn't the type Sugar's looking for? I guess this means she'll be chosen as a PM in next week's task?
  • Options
    advidadvid Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i quite agree...she lead the team well, calmly , in control...
    pity she went...would be an asset to any company...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What the hell did the Cutty Sark have to do with anything anyway? There was a vague command to 'revamp' the tea party, but was this done? It all came down to sales anyway, no points for a creative revamp. And again, the Cutty Sark???
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailers for this week's programme have been showing stuff that didn't happen until they were back in the boardroom so it was clear to me that Alice and her team were going to lose as they hadn't shown that clip when the results were announced.

That really annoyed me. Totally destroyed the suspense. I'll have to avoid the "next week" stuff as I do with all dramas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    It's weird that Sugar chose Alice instead of Navdeep, though.

Fair enough that Maria was kept in as TV fodder. But why Alice when Navdeep isn't the type Sugar's looking for? I guess this means she'll be chosen as a PM in next week's task?

Who says Navdeep isn't the type Sugar's looking for? I thought it was clear Sugar and Nick really rated her, and I think she's one of the potential winners just now, though we'll have to see how she does as PM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell did the Cutty Sark have to do with anything anyway? There was a vague command to 'revamp' the tea party, but was this done? It all came down to sales anyway, no points for a creative revamp. And again, the Cutty Sark???

The place they meet rarely has anything to do with the task.
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Cutty Sark was a tea clipper. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Handers wrote: »
    Ashleigh is my favourite as well. And agree with Maria, I would not be able to sit there while she smirked and grimaced to everything I said, I'd call her up on it. Lord Sugar did notice, she's on a wire with him.
    For me, Ashleigh is a one-trick pony. Spend as little as possible. Same as her strategy on the first week's task. It will get you so far in this process - and being cost-conscious in business is no bad thing by any means - but she needs to show a bit more for me if she's going to be a contender. My top three is still (in no particular order) Lucy, Steven and Andrew.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be that David just had a bad half hour when they got rushed off their feet by all the customers, and they used that footage to make it look as if he was flapping around all day.

Wasn't it David who had the idea of serving people outside - which must have increased their takings? And he took Ashleigh's advice on pricing and budgeting, this could be weak leadership but on the other hand it could be astute since she won another task by her ability to maximise her profit margins.

And the fact that, despite the chaos, they all worked hard to get sorted out does show that they didn't get so fed up of David they stopped trying - so he may have some ability to motivate a team despite his apparent lack of organisation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    It could be that David just had a bad half hour when they got rushed off their feet by all the customers, and they used that footage to make it look as if he was flapping around all day.

Wasn't it David who had the idea of serving people outside - which must have increased their takings? And he took Ashleigh's advice on pricing and budgeting, this could be weak leadership but on the other hand it could be astute since she won another task by her ability to maximise her profit margins.

And the fact that, despite the chaos, they all worked hard to get sorted out does show that they didn't get so fed up of David they stopped trying - so he may have some ability to motivate a team despite his apparent lack of organisation.

Perhaps it's not so much David as a desire to win the task that motivated them. And the idea of serving people outside might have been a good one if they hadn't already been floundering in their efforts to feed the customers they already had, and if it had been tackled in any kind of organised way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah her smirking is really getting on my nerves. Seems like during the task she's always getting snide and bitchy about something (Alice not picking up the phone when she was in a meeting!) and her contortions in the boardroom were pretty unprofessional.

I think Patrick would have been fired if Alice had brought him in, but I was surprised that Sugar didn't ask him what his contribution was, as he's done in the past.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC/Apprentice do it so often now on every apprentice it's become a tired cliche.
    The team that they show being a shambles, with it seems everything going against them, you can bet they will come out top .
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel sorry for David :-\ It's almost like he's being set up. His team were extremely passive aggressive towards him in the last task and they wouldn't give him the chance to shine. Whenever he tried to suggest something, the girls (don't know names, sorry) just spoke over him and said no. He also had the good idea of serving people outside - like a picnic (which fits in with the theme) but they were worried about lack of cups - something the girls tried to make him back down on, but by then it was too late as he'd seated them. As pointed out though, it's a mad hatters tea party! I'm sure the kids loved drinking out of the bowls! They should have just served the customers the drinks on the bowls outside and never said a thing - they'd have known no better due to the theme.

I felt like he was almost set up to fail tonight (although he's been useless in every task so far xD!)
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Cutty Sark is historic for being one of fastest (and last) tea clippers in the world. It usually took a typical tea clipper a year to deliver from one end to another end of the world, but it took the Cutty Sark only four months, which helped the British Empire to maintain a firm grip on the global tea trade. It subsequently became one of the Victorian-era British Empire's iconic symbols.

I do think The Apprentice is pretty good at associating a place with a task. The association can be quite abstract sometimes, but always makes sense in the end. Good job, researchers! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I see the tea connection now!
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

Ashleigh wont shut up though!
    When LAS was asking David about the task she was constantly talking

she needs to wind her neck in
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    thought it was funny when Maria tried to do a Jedi Jim and totally failed