Options

Week 8 Dances

Comments

• Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani and Kimberley both look good to me in that video. Denise does as well, but then when doesn't she?
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    shareegirl wrote: »
    same here I thought I was seeing things, he's just standing and when he went into the lounge it wasn't mirroring Natalie's, his was bended and Nat was straight but maybe they're just going though it as opposed to dancing it...

I went back to look and, yes, I can see what you mean. But my first impression was that it was looking a whole lot better than I expected. 'Brilliant' is subjective! :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Which version of Imagine is Denise dancing to? I can't identify it from the clip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which version of Imagine is Denise dancing to? I can't identify it from the clip.

Eva Cassidy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael lacks in a bit of fluidity from my perspective. Not terrible, but may not thrill.

Song choices actually seem ok by and large... think we might get a couple of alternative takes on dances, which could go either way.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jtnorth wrote: »
    I went back to look and, yes, I can see what you mean. But my first impression was that it was looking a whole lot better than I expected. 'Brilliant' is subjective! :)

By brilliant you mean" patently average and won't even be fun enough to be a car crash" brilliant? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Wow - all those song choices seem good to me, really excited for Saturday night! Particularly like Lisa & Robin's song - I know the Streisand version but it's been 'done' by Glee too, and many others. Wonder if Hayley will be channelling her inner Streisand...:cool:

Michael & Natalie's song was also used on DWTS for Evan Lysacek's Arg Tango - he got all tens for it :D. This dance should suit Michael, he just needs to conjure up some intensity and sort out that left hand!

Victoria giggling through her armography, hmmm. Focus, young lady!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The full list of routines and songs this weekend:
    Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev - Tango - 'When Doves Cry' by Prince
    Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole - Salsa - 'Candy' by Robbie Williams
    Denise Van Outen and James Jordan - American Smooth - 'Imagine' by Eva Cassidy
    Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace - Paso Doble - 'Dirty Diana' by Michael Jackson
    Lisa Riley and Robin Cousins - Rumba – 'As If We Never Say Goodbye' - Barbra Streisand
    Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe - Argentine Tango - 'Bust Your Windows' by Jazmine Sullivan
    Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer - Charleston - 'Doop' by Doop
    Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone - Samba - 'Single Ladies' by Beyoncé
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to Nicky's song, feel a bit ill.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    By brilliant you mean" patently average and won't even be fun enough to be a car crash" brilliant? :confused:

Really? Well, my reaction was that it looked very good. Perhaps Natalie has brain-washing as one of her many superpowers. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lechatnoir wrote: »
    Maybe it's more a lack of charisma that's her problem? Or a lack of X Factor as her mate would say.

You can be reserved or quiet but still have an indefinable something that makes people interested in you, or gets them talking. I think Kimberley just lacks that, which sort of figures with her having been most famous for being Cheryl's sidekick before this.

She seems a nice girl, and in dances that suit her has given some pretty good performances but I'm not sure she has much star quality. All just my opinion of course

I don't know if Kimberley is boring, I've never met her. She seems pretty reserved in interviews but I think she comes alive on the stage, that's why I like her.

Excited that she's doing the Tango and about the song choice. Rachel and Vincent's Aregentine Tango is probably my favourite ever so I hope that this lives up to it.
  • Options
    snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    girlcrisis wrote: »
    I don't know if Kimberley is boring, I've never met her. She seems pretty reserved in interviews but I think she comes alive on the stage, that's why I like her.

Excited that she's doing the Tango and about the song choice. Rachel and Vincent's Aregentine Tango is probably my favourite ever so I hope that this lives up to it.

It probably won't seeing as they are two completely different dances :p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It probably won't seeing as they are two completely different dances :p;)

I knew someone was going to say that. I just meant of a similar quality.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly the bottom of the music barrel must have been scraped seeing as Michael & Natalie are recycling a song from series 7 - that was only 3 years ago!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Clearly the bottom of the music barrel must have been scraped seeing as Michael & Natalie are recycling a song from series 7 - that was only 3 years ago!

Well, two songs from series eight were used in week one, so series seven songs are barely memorable in comparison. :p
  • Options
    snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew someone was going to say that. I just meant of a similar quality.

:D:D:D;)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky's song should benefit from being 90 seconds long of the best bits. I think they will need oxygen at the end.

Its going to be a very popular routine with the viewers if they pull it off IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3HpHLoqvk
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Nicky's song should benefit from being 90 seconds long of the best bits. I think they will need oxygen at the end.

Its going to be a very popular routine with the viewers if they pull it off IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3HpHLoqvk

it'll suit Nicky - lots of manic stomping around like his mask quickstep :p
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's more a lack of charisma that's her problem? Or a lack of X Factor as her mate would say.
    Out of all the female celebs this year, put Kimberley in a room with any red blooded male with a pulse and then ask him if she's got charisma or the X Factor. Brendan is licking his lips and wishing, James Jordan has already said she's hot.

All the music choices seem good this week and training looks like it's going well.
  • Options
    lechatnoirlechatnoir Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Out of all the female celebs this year, put Kimberley in a room with any red blooded male with a pulse and then ask him if she's got charisma or the X Factor. Brendan is licking his lips and wishing, James Jordan has already said she's hot.

All the music choices seem good this week and training looks like it's going well.

Actually I think it's Victoria who has the red blooded males most excited this year. Red blooded males tend not to care all that much for dance ability :)

Regardless, charisma and attractiveness are not the same thing. I'll be very surprised if Kimberely succeeds in her attempts at a solo career, not just because she's a poor singer (so is Cheryl and it hasn't stopped her) but because she lacks "it"

I'm not dissing her, I actually quite like Kimberley. She seems very down to earth and likeable and is one of the better dancers this year. If Louis (my pick) doesn't win I'd be quite happy for it to be her. Certainly preferable to Denise or, even worse, Lisa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think it's Victoria who has the red blooded males most excited this year. Red blooded males tend not to care all that much for dance ability :)

Do you really think that's why Victoria is still in the competition? She is beautiful but only when sitting perfectly still on the It Takes Two sofa. If only that was a dance she would get a perfect score every week.
    daziechain wrote: »

Is sexiness really the same as charisma?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Regardless, charisma and attractiveness are not the same thing. I'll be very surprised if Kimberely succeeds in her attempts at a solo career, not just because she's a poor singer (so is Cheryl and it hasn't stopped her) but because she lacks "it"

I'm not dissing her, I actually quite like Kimberley. She seems very down to earth and likeable and is one of the better dancers this year. If Louis (my pick) doesn't win I'd be quite happy for it to be her. Certainly preferable to Denise or, even worse, Lisa
    She's succeeded on stage and I'm guessing they wouldn't pick a dud or a poor singer no matter how well known she was.

Nearly all the guys I know have said that Victoria is not sexy and some of them were dribbling at the thought of her before the competition. In photo's she's sexy, on the sofa possibly, but on the dance floor and off it (in the training room for instance where bless her .. with her long skirt and hair scraped back and long sleeved tops she looks uncannily like Olive Oyl) she is not sexy. She actually has the most unsexy way of moving even when she's trying out steps, she's very ungainly. Brendan thought she was sexy for five mins (on sight) but now he doesn't. The pole dance didn't become popular to please women, men like a sexy mover - Ola Jordan is living proof of that. But even if they don't, they like a girl with sass and she hasn't got any - unless she's cycling.
    One of my friends actually has a poster of her and I cannot even begin to tell you what the actuality of her on Strictly has done to him. It was like a flashback to when he was told Father Christmas didn't exist (which by the way he does). It's almost as if he's been cheated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is sexiness really the same as charisma?
    It's the 'extraordinary ability to attract' so although you could find someone charismatic without being sexy, it often goes hand in hand and if someone is sexy I don't see how they could be uncharismatic - maybe in photo's but not in person.

It's a personal thing and I'm really only basing it on what I've heard male friends say. They don't find Denise sexy, they don't find Victoria sexy but when Kimberley comes on they go quiet. During her salsa you could have heard a pin drop in here and then Lisa came on and ruined it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I recall looking at the video stats of Victoria's CCC on Youtube and was struck by the fact that the top three viewing groups of her video were all male ranging from age 35 upwards. In contrast, the other female celebs on SCD usually have at least one or two groups of women in their top three viewing groups.

I can also see why men like her. She looks geeky with her specs on while training but when she's all dolled up, she's stunning (like a young Liz Hurley :D drools one of her admirers on YT) and with nicer pins than Kimberley. :p
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't this used to be a thread about week 8s dances?

Absolutely everything I read about Kimberley could be said of Louis - too dull, bland, meh, no personality, no facial expressions, no chemistry with partner, dances all look the same blah blah but guess what, Louis gets the horny fangirl/bored housewife vote and she doesn't so go figure.

As you were.

Louis? Is he the one dancing with the HOT Flavia? :p