Options

Why on earth do we still watch this rubbish?

Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously - and as someone who has only been switching over after Merlin....lol. But as a serious XF fan in the past until mental fatigue took over. lol

Why? What is all this daft threads about seriously boring and second rate singers? Do you really care?

Last year 2010 - the terrible Little Mix.

2009 - Matt Cardle who got dropped as soon as they could.

2008 Joe Mcellerry - also dropped.

So - why on earth do people still get hyped up over an XF winner - knowing that a few years down the line the probability is that they will be yesterday's news?

I guess as long as we do - the XF bandwagon will still roll on fuelled by ads and voting revenue. But come on guys - is there really nothing better to do on a Saturday night? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    I don't care about them after the show, i just like to watch it as an entertainment show
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Habit - but this is my last year and not even planning to watch the final as there are no contestants I support, the bullying of Chris Maloney sickens me and I have had a gutsful of One Direction and Emeli Sande.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to admit there is something oddly fascinating about watching a sinking ship. I suspect a few people, like myself, watch simply to laugh at what a disaster the show has become.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said before, I think that the last decent series was the one which Alexandra Burke won. That produced two current stars and it's been downhill since then, although we have the following series to thank for bringing us Stacey Solomon and Jedward! :p I guess I keep watching because I've got nothing else to watch at that time!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watching Saturday shows just last 15 minutes of Sunday show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Little Mix won last year, in 2011..
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the runners up are always better.

G4
    Andy Abraham
    Ray Quinn
    Rhydian
    JLS
    Olly Murs
    Rebecca Ferguson
    Marcus Collins

I'd prefer that lot to the winners.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody still watch it??? Thought we'd all given up by now.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I've never believed (or particularly wanted) the series to be a genuine discoverer of talent anyway, I think you have to be a bit daft to have believed it a that, so that's never bothered me. I watch to take the piss.
  • Options
    MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch it because it's great Saturday night entertainment.:)

And the "fix theories" and all the rest of the paranoid rubbish that goes on around it are quite hysterical too. :D

Sometimes they find great singers, like Jonathan Ansell of G4 and Rhydian and Joe Mcelderry and now Jahmene - so it's always worth watching to see if there is anyone interesting.

I dont think who wins matters anymore - runners up often do better. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    It's entertaining :)
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    If last year was 2010....that must mean it's nearly the end of 2011 right?
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it's entertaining once you accept it's not really a singing competition.

The building up of Chris as this year's love-to-hate figure which then backfired with the producers desperately trying to back-pedal for the last couple of weeks has been hilarious.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching it two weeks ago which has really surprised me and I feel free!!!!!!!! I can watch a movie on Saturday night now.

I still watch Sunday because you see snippets of all the acts anyway and you get the eviction drama.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is on during the cold, dark winter nights is one reason for me, if it was in the summer I'd be out or in the garden. Besides it is good entertainment, sometimes for all the wrong reasons. I don't many of us watch to help Cowell find his next flop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I stopped watching it two weeks ago which has really surprised me and I feel free!!!!!!!! I can watch a movie on Saturday night now.

I still watch Sunday because you see snippets of all the acts anyway and you get the eviction drama.

Same, i don't watch the live shows anymore, i only watch the elimination and sing-off now, 10 minutes on youtube compared to 2-3 hours of adverts and filler, it's a no-brainer for me.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's worse is, some posters continue to watch and whinge on this forum after their favourite is long gone.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's entertaining once you accept it's not really a singing competition.

The building up of Chris as this year's love-to-hate figure which then backfired with the producers desperately trying to back-pedal for the last couple of weeks has been hilarious.

They couldn't have been more obvious if they tried what with the praise for his first song last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    I don't care about them after the show, i just like to watch it as an entertainment show

Sadly it dosent even qualify as that.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's worse is, some posters continue to watch and whinge on this forum after their favourite is long gone.

This. I love these kind of threads and there is one almost everyday. It's as if posters have to tell us that they aren't watching anymore to gain some sort of plaudit for that fact. If people don't watch then don't. No need to broadcast it because you feel lonely out there because people are actually watching it.
  • Options
    George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only quickly looked at this forum as I was curious to see the ratings thread. As I expected, people are dropping the X Factor at quite a rate.

Me and the Mrs stopped watching the show last year and haven't even bothered to tune into one episode this year.

This post is my total and final involvement with X-Factor this year. Thank God for the BBC.
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe is still releasing albums successfully and little mix are at the top end of the charts. Cardle was the wrong winner but there are a couple of acts from his year doing a little more than alright for themselves.....

Anyway for me the show isn't about that, it's about dramatic and entertaining Saturday/Sunday night tv with fun, lights, shocks, arguments, goodies and baddies - this year has delivered on all counts.
  • Options
    Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It boils down to habit , i think i only bother because ive always watched it.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the runners up are always better.

G4
    Andy Abraham
    Ray Quinn
    Rhydian
    JLS
    Olly Murs
    Rebecca Ferguson
    Marcus Collins

I'd prefer that lot to the winners.

The above list would be my pyramid stage line up from HELL. Astonishing.
  • Options
    KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    This. I love these kind of threads and there is one almost everyday. It's as if posters have to tell us that they aren't watching anymore to gain some sort of plaudit for that fact. If people don't watch then don't. No need to broadcast it because you feel lonely out there because people are actually watching it.

*claps* Completely agree. I watch it because I enjoy it, like I do every program I watch. Do people who post to tell people how they aren't watching it anymore think they are gaining some kind of credibility or something?