Options

X Factor stars pushing for Kye to replace Chris on the tour

ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm sorry, I'm no massive Christopher fan but this is completely unacceptable. There will already be people who long ago bought tickets to see Christopher who will effectively have wasted their money - they shouldn't be penalised just because the other contestants don't like Christopher.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,565
    Forum Member
    They're not though...

They want Kye to go on tour, not replace Chris.

Or if they do, they're not explicitly saying AXE chris and get Kye on Tour.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they want kye, he can replace lucy (if lucy really pulled out)...

or just add him like aiden as the very last act to be eliminated...
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    None of them mentioned Chris?
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    None of them mentioned Chris?

then it could be an "aidenesque" petition:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zzzzzzzzzkyesones. I'd rather Melanie be there and blow the audience away again with Crybaby and With A Little Help From My Friend. Might actually buy a ticket then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't want Chris axed, no-one has called for that. They want Kye added. No harm in that if the powers that be decide its practical and might generate extra interest/ticket sales.

If any of them send tweets saying "Chris is horrible throw him off the tour" that would be different but they are not. They are supporting Kye joining.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is, it is reported as
    Several ‘X Factor’ contestants want Kye Sones to replace Christopher Maloney on the show’s tour.

One source of many
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not though...

According to this DS article they want Kye to replace Chris.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a444634/x-factor-kye-sones-to-replace-chris-maloney-on-2013-tour.html
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Kye? That will wake up the three men and a dog in the audience
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »

Isnt that an interpretation though? I've read through the actual tweets and they have all said basically "we want kye on tour" not "we want chris off".

Articles being written seem to be assuming this is all to do with what happened with chris and that they don't like him etc what with the incident (whatever that was really) on Sunday. But some were tweeting for kye to join the tour before any of that, when Chris's place wasnt even in doubt.

Are there any direct quotes from any of the contestants saying "We don't want chris on tour" ?
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncl*girl wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I'm no massive Christopher fan but this is completely unacceptable. There will already be people who long ago bought tickets to see Christopher who will effectively have wasted their money - they shouldn't be penalised just because the other contestants don't like Christopher.

By the same reasoning people possibly got tickets Sunday for a chance to see Chris and instead he wasnt there due to his getting drunk. Personally i think if he said he didnt want to be in the final as has been said i think he should forfeit the tour.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    By the same reasoning people possibly got tickets Sunday for a chance to see Chris and instead he wasnt there due to his getting drunk. Personally i think if he said he didnt want to be in the final as has been said i think he should forfeit the tour.

Come on,the poor guy had been under stress with all that went on leading up to the final and was not in a fit state to take part.

After he has had a break from all the high pressure s**t there's no reason why he shouldn't be fit enough to take part in the shows. I for one would pay to see him rather than boring old Kye or,even worse, Spraggan.
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Come on,the poor guy had been under stress with all that went on leading up to the final and was not in a fit state to take part.

After he has had a break from all the high pressure s**t there's no reason why he shouldn't be fit enough to take part in the shows. I for one would pay to see him rather than boring old Kye or,even worse, Spraggan.

Why wasnt he in a fit state to take part? no offence but maybe if he didnt get drunk it would help him. Others have had it far worse than him ie Danyl Katie and Jedward the only difference being they acted maturely and didnt call other contestants names. He has just blown the biggest chance he had sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not though...

Wrong , James said ....get christopher off and kye on tour

Edited to add, however this was on monday when they were all still upset with him, since then he deleted it , the others have all stopped as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    Wrong , James said ....get christopher off and kye on tour

Edited to add, however this was on monday when they were all still upset with him, since then he deleted it , the others have all stopped as well

Yeah, well lots of things get said in the heat of the moment don't they? Like using the c word inappropriately to a woman.
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if Chris is as nasty and vile as has been reported then I don't blame them, who would want to tour with that horrible pillock, but as he is the people's champion I'm sure he can tour all by himself, do a tour of the retirement homes and bingo halls, he'll be quids in
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    There's been no definite announcement from the XF that Christopher has been dropped from the tour, only that his future was in doubt and some sort of meeting was going to take place to decide things, I think it was held today.

Ahead of that it's pretty obvious that 4 acts, most disappointingly James, have been Twitter canvassing to get rid and put Kye in his place - the implication of their support is obvious, even if some don't think it 'explicit' enough.

Whatever the truth in that I find it hard to separate out Kye's role from all this. It would seem likely Kye has been something of an instigator, or encourager in other contestants disliking Christopher (this is not to say that Christopher wasn't annoying anyway). He shared an Overs room with him, the two didn't get along, and Kye was more 'down with the kidz', well-liked by Union J, so says stuff about Christopher to the others and people begin to take sides, prejudiced against him by someone they liked.

Further down the line Carolynne, who has defended Kye before on Twitter and seems to fancy him, or fancies them becoming a mutually beneficial media couple, makes a mountain out of a 4-letter word supposedly said in her direction when in the same newspaper quotes her own potty mouth has to be masked out in print, and we know she wrote a rude word on a fan's forehead while she was in Fame Academy, so her role of mortified lady isn't quite what it seems.

It all reads like a dastardly plot where the get along gang all pressure the receptive boss to keep the class dweeb away and instead invite along the popular boy in his place, the one who's been bitching about him for months, ably assisted by his parasitical 'girlfriend'.

They're supposed to be new professionals competing against each other in a music market, not an 18-24 holiday clique.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Yeah, well lots of things get said in the heat of the moment don't they? Like using the c word inappropriately to a woman.

Yuppers, James has made no secret of he fact that he can be a hot head and speak before thinking, but he took it down pretty quick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    There's been no definite announcement from the XF that Christopher has been dropped from the tour, only that his future was in doubt and some sort of meeting was going to take place to decide things, I think it was held today.

Ahead of that it's pretty obvious that 4 acts, most disappointingly James, have been Twitter canvassing to get rid and put Kye in his place - the implication of their support is obvious, even if some don't think it 'explicit' enough.

Whatever the truth in that I find it hard to separate out Kye's role from all this. It would seem likely Kye has been something of an instigator, or encourager in other contestants disliking Christopher (this is not to say that Christopher wasn't annoying anyway). He shared a room with him, the two didn't get along, Kye was more down with the kidz, well-liked by Union J, so says stuff about Christopher to others and people begin to take sides, prejudiced against him by someone they liked.

Further down the line Carolynne, who has defended Kye before on Twitter and seems to fancy him, or fancies being a media couple, makes a mountain out of a 4-letter word supposedly said in her direction when in the same newspaper quotes her own potty mouth has to be masked in print, and we know she wrote a rude word on a fan's forehead while she was in Fame Academy, so her role as mortified lady isn't quite what it seems.

It all reads like a dastardly plot where the getalong gang all pressure the receptive boss to keep the class dweeb away and instead invite along the popular boy in his place, the one who's been bitching about him for months, assisted by his parasitical 'girlfriend'.

They're supposed to be new professionals competing against each other in a music market, not an 18-24 holiday clique.

Kye made no secret of the fact that he was not happy to be voted out before Chris, he came across very bitter in fact.

I just watched James full interview and was actually impressed with what he said in regards to Christopher , he refused to slag him off, said he felt he was given a rough time, did not want to comment or be involved in what happened on Sunday(i think truthfully its been a dispute more between carolynne and chris) than anything else, and he said Chris has always been nice to him
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    Kye made no secret of the fact that he was not happy to be voted out before Chris, he came across very bitter in fact.

I just watched James full interview and was actually impressed with what he said in regards to Christopher , he refused to slag him off, said he felt he was given a rough time, did not want to comment or be involved in what happened on Sunday(i think truthfully its been a dispute more between carolynne and chris) than anything else, and he said Chris has always been nice to him

Such temperance is reassuring to hear, but at the same time the implication of him wanting Kye on the tour is that he would be taking Christopher's place, when nothing has formally been decided.

What James and the others should be doing is vocally supporting Christopher's inclusion on the tour, righting a potential injustice, not finding a replacement.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Melanie should go on tour tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    Such temperance is reassuring to hear, but at the same time the implication of him wanting Kye on the tour is that he would be taking Christopher's place, when nothing has formally been decided.

What James and the others should be doing is vocally supporting Christopher's inclusion on the tour, righting an injustice, not finding a replacement.

I agree with this, however all the media stories etc, i have paid no attention to if im honest, i checked out the x factor main site and Christopher is still listed as being on the tour so far.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers of the show won't have anything to do with the tour. But I'd imagine the people running the tour will be seeking reassurances that Christopher isn't repeatedly late, unreliable, uncooperative, disobedient, abusive or prone to turning up to work in an unfit state. The very top producers may be the ones to decide if he goes on tour and whether or not his behaviour on the final night should be punished. He is clearly disliked by a significant number of people on the show. So maybe they've all got it wrong and Christopher is a delight. Or perhaps the obvious answer is screaming in our faces.

None of the contestants have mentioned Christopher but they might be assuming that after seeing what happened on Sunday and reading subsequent reports that he has been fired. I think there's a pretty clear implication that Kye would take Christophers place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    The producers of the show won't have anything to do with the tour. But I'd imagine the people running the tour will be seeking reassurances that Christopher isn't repeatedly late, unreliable, uncooperative, disobedient, abusive or prone to turning up to work in an unfit state. The very top producers may be the ones to decide if he goes on tour and whether or not his behaviour on the final night should be punished. He is clearly disliked by a significant number of people on the show. So maybe they've all got it wrong and Christopher is a delight. Or perhaps the obvious answer is screaming in our faces.

None of the contestants have mentioned Christopher but they might be assuming that after seeing what happened on Sunday and reading subsequent reports that he has been fired. I think there's a pretty clear implication that Kye would take Christophers place.

The thing is the tour isnt quite the paragon of virtue few weeks that people think it is. I followed one group having got to know one of the finalist pretty well and believe me some of the antics got up to by some of the top 8 would have be seen to be believed. The sleeping around with fans by one particular act, others getting drunk in virtually every hotel bar (and hangovers from hell the days of the shows) and making a fool of themselves, arguments, rudeness to fans i saw it all etc etc

One thing that cant happen, however, is lateness. They tend to be closeted in their hotels, and have very little chance to be late etc The early mornings, constant travelling take its toll so they tend to be zombied halfway through the tour anyway so pettiness tends to make way for just getting through the day. Believe me, this group didnt get along all the time but still remained professional when they went on stage which is all that is needed