Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 17**

Comments

• Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching ITT and I have only one thing to say.

Tangerine??????:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Lisa tells us she has fallen in love with the dance .On No she has quite obviousely fallen in love with herself over the last ten weeks .Truely madly deeply in love with herself now .
    Not sure if her puppy Robin is as in love as he was a few weeks ago , he didnt seem to be wagging his tail as much tonight .
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »
    sends prayers to the strictly gods of haidressing that they make THIS happen, promise to never diss you again with mention of bows made of hair;)
    Button62 wrote: »
    Apparently everywhere Lisa and Robin go they are bumping into their adoring public .... pity they haven't bumped into me yet. Can I be really awful and say that for someone who has trimmed down by 4 dress sizes, she looked rather dumpy tonight ?

No because I think the same I honestly think that she should be looking significantly different by now after 3 months regular excercise, there should be the beginnings of a waist at least

I hope this weekend is another shambles from the hips down and the judges finally wake up and see the dross before them.
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think it matters what the judges do. If she doesn't go this weekend, pretty sure she'll either win or come second.
    This is my fear as well, the thing that really annoyed me when I watched ITT today was that both Robin and Lisa sat there in all seriousness tellnig us how beloved they were and calmly talking about the chances of 10's for their dancing.

Both of them are worshipping at the tower of self love and delusion and am so looking forward to it coming toppling down and burying the pair of them in dust and rubble.

( I think that last bit needs to be read in the dulcet tones of Ian Paisley to get a true flavour of the feeling behind it )
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically it's Christopher Parker Part Deux?
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »

Jeez, don't go giving her ideas! although, that might be a little too understated for :(.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Where was Tony Berk in the pro challenge this year ?

Can he not do kick ball changes ? Even I could probably manage about 28 on a good day ;)

Well from this season's appearance, he can't do much except waft around a bit dressed as a college student.

Plus kick-ball-change is a Latin dance move isn't it? He's only at page 10 of Latin for Dummies, one for each year. ;)
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    It's all going to depend on how the scoring of the semis goes, but tonight I got the sinking feeling that Lisa's going to sail through, with a dance-off of Denise vs whoever of Kimberley or Dani scores lower.

Shades of Kara and Artem's AS in Kim & Pasha's footage.

Loved Pasha, Flavia and Artem on the sofa together. Really like seeing the pros interact, and Pasha & Artem looked genuinely pleased for Flavia (though a bit of me wishes Erin had won).
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did James and Ola miss the pro challenge as well? :confused: I wonder why that was. I could see Anton being decidedly unfazed at missing a competition that involved doing lots of kick ball changes but I'd have thought James would want to do it at least. He considers jive to be "his dance," doesn't he?

Lisa and Robin badly need to pick up some perspective from somewhere. I mean, I know it's semi-final week and they're not the only couple ever to have lost perspective at this point in the competition (let's just check in on Denise and James for a minute... oh and Kimberley, just to see if she's stopped screamining yet. And is that Lisa Snowdon still haunting the corner of the studio trying to keep just out of Erin's eyeline?) but their particular brand of it is both unusual and decidedly unflattering. Has there ever been a partnership on Strictly that talked so much about their "famous" first dance, "iconic" lift and "what our public want to see"? The only ones I can think of are Ann and Anton and that's really *not* a good comparison. From what they were saying it sounds as though the salsa is to be a re-run of the cha cha, samba, jive and Charleston and the AS is to be a re-run of the foxtrot and the quickstep but with added jazz hands. I feel as though Lisa has somehow stumbled into SYTYCD and ended up being one of those contestants who just pick the same style week after week. It's baffling. Psst, Robin: if everyone expects side by side stuff from you it's not because they love it so much, it's because you're that predictable as a choreographer. At least Team Cola didn't take their catch-phrases onto the dance floor with them (aside from the ever present pivots).
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did James and Ola miss the pro challenge as well? :confused: I wonder why that was. I could see Anton being decidedly unfazed at missing a competition that involved doing lots of kick ball changes but I'd have thought James would want to do it at least. He considers jive to be "his dance," doesn't he?

Lisa and Robin badly need to pick up some perspective from somewhere. I mean, I know it's semi-final week and they're not the only couple ever to have lost perspective at this point in the competition (let's just check in on Denise and James for a minute... oh and Kimberley, just to see if she's stopped screamining yet. And is that Lisa Snowdon still haunting the corner of the studio trying to keep just out of Erin's eyeline?) but their particular brand of it is both unusual and decidedly unflattering. Has there ever been a partnership on Strictly that talked so much about their "famous" first dance, "iconic" lift and "what our public want to see"? The only ones I can think of are Ann and Anton and that's really *not* a good comparison. From what they were saying it sounds as though the salsa is to be a re-run of the cha cha, samba, jive and Charleston and the AS is to be a re-run of the foxtrot and the quickstep but with added jazz hands. I feel as though Lisa has somehow stumbled into SYTYCD and ended up being one of those contestants who just pick the same style week after week. It's baffling. Psst, Robin: if everyone expects side by side stuff from you it's not because they love it so much, it's because you're that predictable as a choreographer. At least Team Cola didn't take their catch-phrases onto the dance floor with them (aside from the ever present pivots).
    Did James's injury coincide with Ola's mum being ill?
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member

Yes - Ola iirc was tweeting him from Poland
  • Options
    allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Can I massively unappreciate my Christmas tree?

It took two bloody hours to get the lights in and my hands are feeling like a pin cushion. :mad:

I've nicknamed her Lisa.
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    Yes - Ola iirc was tweeting him from Poland

Ah, mystery solved! That would make sense as there's no particular reason for the two of the them missing it otherwise.

Incidentally I think they should take up Natalie's plea for a ballroom challenge next year. I vote for as many fleckles as you can in 30 seconds. Especially if they have to do it with a partner. So much scope for things going horribly wrong! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Well someone's got to say this: surely the orange frock would have suited the tango better. Am also concerned there's not enough space between end of BB's arms and mahoosive boobs for Robin to insert his own arms for armography.

Wondering if Louis could have hand hankies or camouflage mittens. Think their next VT will include friendly argument on whether it's better to have a World Record in heel ball changes or to be an Olympian.

Wee Louis to win, but a horrible part of me really wants Lisa to go through and raise spectre of actually winning for my personal enjoyment of meltdown.

Alli I'd love a cushion that says will you look at the arse on that and then on the reverse says bog off cat. Any colour but tangerine as I've recently gone off that. There's no rush - it's not seasonal and you've lots of others to do.:)
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    allgrownup wrote: »

It took two bloody hours to get the lights in and my hands are feeling like a pin cushion. :mad:

I've nicknamed her Lisa.

Did it reject all but the tangerine ones?

*ponders joke about Netherlands and O/orange*
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    allgrownup wrote: »

I've nicknamed her Lisa.

:D:D:D

But the Christmas tree 'is doing it for the public' :D:D
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dianie wrote: »
    Well someone's got to say this: surely the orange frock would have suited the tango better. Am also concerned there's not enough space between end of BB's arms and mahoosive boobs for Robin to insert his own arms for armography.

Wondering if Louis could have hand hankies or camouflage mittens. Think their next VT will include friendly argument on whether it's better to have a World Record in heel ball changes or to be an Olympian.

Wee Louis to win, but a horrible part of me really wants Lisa to go through and raise spectre of actually winning for my personal enjoyment of meltdown.

Alli I'd love a cushion that says will you look at the arse on that and then on the reverse says bog off cat. Any colour but tangerine as I've recently gone off that. There's no rush - it's not seasonal and you've lots of others to do.:)

He'd win the argument as he is an Olympian and a Guinness World Record Holder. He's had his for three-and-a-half years

Guinness World Record Holder Most Thomas Flairs on Pommel Horse in 60 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuEI5h5PlY
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the sketch of Lisa's salsa dress on ITT? I guarantee the dress will NOT look like that on Saturday.
    :eek:
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really don't want to know if Lisa's Netherlands are orange thank you.

There. I saved you the trouble.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member

No, it made a lovely first impression but turned out to be quite a prickly beeyotch. ;)

I dunno about orange but after those splits at Wembley I was thinking more "aubergine" :eek:
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Did anyone see the sketch of Lisa's salsa dress on ITT? I guarantee the dress will NOT look like that on Saturday.

I know. When life can sometimes feel random and chaotic, it's good to know there are some certainties.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »

No - because the dress sketch pixies insist on drawing every dress as if it's going to be made up for Kim or Denise.

Actually making them to fit Lisa - or even Dani - just alters all the proportions and horrors ensue ... before you even get to the tangerine.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was going on with Dani's ruffles dress? Seriously she will look like the Queen Mary docking! She's small and has a tendency to look round even though she's tiny, I know lets put her in something with so many ruffly layers, Vincent's going to have difficulty standing near her. :rolleyes: Oh and we'll hack some off it a bit closer to the show. :rolleyes:

And I swear I went to a University toga party in Denise's dress in 1987, it's the sheet off my bed isn't it? :confused::cool:
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    He'd win the argument as he is an Olympian and a Guinness World Record Holder. He's had his for three-and-a-half years

Guinness World Record Holder Most Thomas Flairs on Pommel Horse in 60 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuEI5h5PlY

I think Louis looks very different in that clip, but it was clearly filmed within the last 4 months
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    What was going on with Dani's ruffles dress? Seriously she will look like the Queen Mary docking! She's small and has a tendency to look round even though she's tiny, I know lets put her in something with so many ruffly layers, Vincent's going to have difficulty standing near her. :rolleyes: Oh and we'll hack some off it a bit closer to the show. :rolleyes:

And I swear I went to a University toga party in Denise's dress in 1987, it's the sheet off my bed isn't it? :confused::cool:

of course it is Alli , they have just added a few sequins to hide any stains,job done

I have to say my first thought on seeing Dani's dress was that my granny used to have a loo roll cover in that particularly fetching combination of rose and lemon.

Someone in War Drobe has seen her WI tendancies and is just rolling with it aren't they:(

In all honesty didn't War Drobe say they were running out of colours is that why they are now putting 2 colours that don;t go together in one dress

what joys do we have in store for the final I am going with Khaki and neon yellow with fringling, ruffles arm hankies and a train to dance the salsa in , oh and I don't think we have had enough gingham this series, chuck a bit of that in the mix and job done again:D
This discussion has been closed.