Options

Nicole Scherzinger lays into Cheryl Cole in Fabulous Magazine interview

Comments

• Options
    HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    most pop careers fail at some point, the industry is disposable in its nature. see the spice girls or britney.;)

Their flops sell more than Cheryl Cole's successes, which says everything :p
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right there, I've never been able to stop laughing at Posh -- for all the wrong reasons though :D:D:D

I can never get over that stupid pose she always does in every photo. Such an odd way to stand. :confused:
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »
    Don't worry, I won't, I wholeheartedly look forward to watching this career trajectory :D:p

Good for you!!!:):)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their flops sell more than Cheryl Cole's successes, which says everything :p:

do they now? how many copies did mel c sell with her last album or current album even? wasn't britney`s last top 10 hit 4 singles ago?:sleep:

i cant believe you got a rise out of me again.:o
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I can never get over that stupid pose she always does in every photo. Such an odd way to stand. :confused:

Me neither :o She looks totally and utterly ridiculous :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do they now? how many copies did mel c sell with her last album or current album even? wasn't britney`s last top 10 hit 4 singles ago?:sleep:

i cant believe you got a rise out of me again.:o

Worldwide sales, not just the UK. The Spice Girls and Britney are worldwide pop stars, Cheryl and GA are local acts. Britney had two US number ones last year, the largest music market in the world, a $70 million world tour and top tens in many other countries. Cheryl danced around in her pyjamas under a bridge and as a result, her album reached the dizzying heights of number 144 in Belgium and 96 in Spain :D:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this thread is hilarious how did it get so off topic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Lol this thread is hilarious how did it get so off topic?

^:rolleyes:
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That quote made me laugh.
    I think this is why Cheryl is such a funny celeb at times because she's trying so hard to portray herself in a certain way that regularly she doesn't seem to realise how she actually comes across herself. It's like she has this strong awareness of how other celebs come across in the media (she regularly brings up jealousy amongst women and bitchness), and then tries to validate herself by bringing them down, mainly by pointing out their failings. It's quite manipulative really.

That quote about the Spice Girls - She hates the fact up and coming singers want to be like the Spice Girls. What does it matter? So what if SG were only around for 18 months? So she brings up their bitchiness and short career as a way to validate GA.

Which, going back to the OP, seems to be what she was doing with Nicole in her book.

Slightly OT: I like both GA and SG. I don't see the point in comparing them. Obviously Bananarama are better :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    That quote made me laugh.
    I think this is why Cheryl is such a funny celeb at times because she's trying so hard to portray herself in a certain way that regularly she doesn't seem to realise how she actually comes across herself. It's like she has this strong awareness of how other celebs come across in the media (she regularly brings up jealousy amongst women and bitchness), and then tries to validate herself by bringing them down, mainly by pointing out their failings. It's quite manipulative really.

That quote about the Spice Girls - She hates the fact up and coming singers want to be like the Spice Girls. What does it matter? So what if SG were only around for 18 months? So she brings up their bitchiness and short career as a way to validate GA.

Which, going back to the OP, seems to be what she was doing with Nicole in her book.

Slightly OT: I like both GA and SG. I don't see the point in comparing them. Obviously Bananarama are better :p:p

I love Bananarama :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246572/Victoria-Beckham-poses-boys-Spice-Girls-Viva-Forever-launch.html

The Spice Girls posed as a group of four - Posh couldn't even bring herself to have her photograph taken with them. Such unity...............

Your wrong because she did as there is 8 pics of her with them here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246670/Victoria-Beckham-finally-joins-Spice-Girl-band-mates-curtain-Viva-Forever.html

And as for your link it shows her turning up with her family nothing wrong with that as family should come first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Your wrong because she did as there is 8 pics of her with them here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246670/Victoria-Beckham-finally-joins-Spice-Girl-band-mates-curtain-Viva-Forever.html

And as for your link it shows her turning up with her family nothing wrong with that as family should come first.

actually, at the time julie was correct and those pictures surfaced later. not that this thread is about posh and the blooming spice girls.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually, at the time julie was correct and those pictures surfaced later. not that this thread is about posh and the blooming spice girls.;)

And at the time when i was replying to the poster she was wrong, :)

So I dont really see why you posted that pointless bit of info.

As for it not being about posh and the SG maybe you shouldnt have been talking about them before telling others not to do so. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And at the time when i was replying to the poster she was wrong, :)

So I dont really see why you posted that pointless bit of info.

oh the irony.:D

she wasn't wrong though.:confused: besides, she didn't exactly look pleased when she finally posed with them for photographs hours later.

anyway, if you want to argue the toss, do so in the actual thread which it relates too.;)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1770702
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for it not being about posh and the SG maybe you shouldnt have been talking about them before telling others not to do so. :p

i must reply to your later edit.

unfortunately, i did get dragged into irrelevant off topic conversation. it got boring though and other people also agreed it was time to move on.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl is far prettier than Nicole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Cheryl is far prettier than Nicole.

interesting..... i always thought nicole was prettier, better hair, classier and more exotic looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i must reply to your later edit.

unfortunately, i did get dragged into irrelevant off topic conversation. it got boring though and other people also agreed it was time to move on.

But you didnt did you after all you replied to my post so that was a lie about moving on. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you didnt did you after all you replied to my post so that was a lie about moving on. :p

oh dear, you have posted three times in this thread and on all three occasions you have been completely off topic. your not really in an ideal position to lecture me about lying or posting off topic on balance. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, you have posted three times in this thread and on all three occasions you have been completely off topic. your not really in an ideal position to lecture me about lying or posting off topic on balance. :rolleyes:

Yes I have gone off topic but that was in reply to you and others who went off topic before me. :p

And as for lying well I have not lied so I can lecture all i want. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have gone off topic but that was in reply to you and others who went off topic before me. :p

And as for lying well I have not lied so I can lecture all i want. :p

off topic post #4.:yawn: do you have actually have an opinion on the topic?:sleep:
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their flops sell more than Cheryl Cole's successes, which says everything :p

^^^^This quote right here just gave me life!
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    she was equivalent of Geri Halliwell in the pussycat dolls

and how were they marketed ??? a band whose music was so bad that they had to dress up in very skimpy clothes to attract a following from boys who had just reached puberty but could not reach the top shelf in the newsagents
    Well that may well be true... it was marketing that worked and songs people liked.

And the fact is as an 'artist' it was Nicole who was in the studio co-creating them and pretty much singing all of them.

You can try and shift your argument as much as you want. The fact is the records she sold with the group (good or bad) she was as an artist the one who delivered them.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Not sure about the provenance of Bananarama, but surely SG, PCD and GA along with lots of others were 'Market created' first and worried about the talent afterwards. Earn enough for voice or instrument training if you feel guilty or want to go solo. Unfortunately Professor Higgins would die trying with Chessa.
    Same as the Monkees.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Bananarama :D

Guessing you are of a "certain age".