Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anybody please tell me why would Stella be putting on her make up in the hallway? Ew, I really don't like Jason & Stella together
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Im assume Carla has a change of heart about leaving unless Ali king is leaving. Which im hoping she isn't.

They both stay so there is more heartbreak for Simon and more acrimony between her, Peter and Leanne.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz is offered a job at Roys and told to start the next morning at 8.15 am, and she just smiles and agrees, as usual no discussion about wages, hours or childcare. I assume as she no longer works at the factory that she has taken Hope away from the childminders, yet she can just get her place back just like that? :rolleyes: As for Chesney saying he'd pay for her breakfast as he doesn't want her to starve, what a load of rubbish! As if she'd be starving when she'll be collecting over £100 a week in Widows Benefit, why can't the writers get their facts right?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiz is offered a job at Roys and told to start the next morning at 8.15 am, and she just smiles and agrees, as usual no discussion about wages, hours or childcare. I assume as she no longer works at the factory that she has taken Hope away from the childminders, yet she can just get her place back just like that? :rolleyes: As for Chesney saying he'd pay for her breakfast as he doesn't want her to starve, what a load of rubbish! As if she'd be starving when she'll be collecting over £100 a week in Widows Benefit, why can't the writers get their facts right?

Why do they all go to Roys for breakfast or a cup of tea, they all live next door and would be much cheaper to pop home.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Can anybody please tell me why would Stella be putting on her make up in the hallway? Ew, I really don't like Jason & Stella together
    I imagine she was on her way out before offering a drink to Jason.
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Why do they all go to Roys for breakfast or a cup of tea, they all live next door and would be much cheaper to pop home.

It is a bargain in there, though according to his blackboards. £3.75 for curry & rice last night. And everything ethically sourced! I'd be in there every day.
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has no-one questioned why Tina looks like she's been dunked in creosote?
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Tungsten wrote: »

You need to read some of the recent Corrie threads. It's been heavily commented upon.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tungsten wrote: »

Probably for the same reason as nobody has mentioned the same thing about Deirdre Barlow!
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »

The same question applies to Emmerdale and why characters are paying Bob a couple of quid to rustle up a cup of frothy coffee when the front door to their cottage and a jar of Nescafe Blend 37 is merely yards away :eek:
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably for the same reason as nobody has mentioned the same thing about Deirdre Barlow!

And Jason from tonight's episode, he was decidedly tanned
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Dennis isn't tanned, after all he is a tanner :rolleyes:
    maybe Coronation Street Has Been Sponsored By The sunbed association
    :)
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miaviv wrote: »
    And Jason from tonight's episode, he was decidedly tanned

Is Jason not meant to be mixed race?
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Dennis told Norris he'd got his job back when this will only be confirmed once Brian has spoken to the Council on Monday. Jumping the gun a bit there
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Carla left for good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched Corrie for over 40 years, and was brought up on it. It is the only soap I've ever watched. But it is with great sadness, that I have to say, at the moment, everything about is getting right on my nerves. It has absolutely no interesting, or endearing qualities about it whatsoever, these days. It is actually getting painful to watch. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    I have watched Corrie for over 40 years, and was brought up on it. It is the only soap I've ever watched. But it is with great sadness, that I have to say. At the moment, everything about is getting right on my nerves. It has absolutely no interesting, or endearing qualities about it whatsoever, these days. It is actually getting painful to watch. :(

Same here junnja
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Is Jason not meant to be mixed race?

Yes he is, his dad turned up a few years ago
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those lollipop men were blocking the road completely. Yet not one car was waiting for them to move. That was a stroke of luck! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Has Carla left for good?

No she's coming back, trouble at the factory
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Simon know which terminal to go to when looking for his dad? Do the producers expect us to believe that?
    Then you have Peter walking away with Simon and not a case in sight. Your case can not go on a plane if you are not on it.

The borough of Wetherfield must have a lot of school crossings to have that many lollipop men and women!

Why would Eva come through the pub door and not the front door of the living area?

Corrie is getting really childish with Steve and the lollipop farce and Gail and her attempts at comedy, cringe.

I remember the day this soap started, I know I'm showing my age but even I am now getting sick of the way they are running it into the ground.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Eva come through the pub door and not the front door of the living area?

Also it was after hours so the pub was closed so how did Eva get in? Stella would have put the bolts on the pub entrance doors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Simon know which terminal to go to when looking for his dad? Do the producers expect us to believe that?
    Then you have Peter walking away with Simon and not a case in sight. Your case can not go on a plane if you are not on it.

The borough of Wetherfield must have a lot of school crossings to have that many lollipop men and women!

Corrie is getting really childish with Steve and the lollipop farce and Gail and her attempts at comedy, cringe.

I remember the day this soap started, I know I'm showing my age but even I am now getting sick of the way they are running it into the ground.

It was rather from the sublime to the ridiculous:confused:
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.
This discussion has been closed.