Options

2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    The full R1 DVD artwork for the Aztecs SE and a low res preview of the Ark in Space SE can been seen here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-AztecsSE-and-ArkInSpaceSE/17862

They certainly look much better than the originals!

Also, Roadshow Entertainment NZ on YouTube have somehow managed to get hold of the trailers for the Reign of Terror and the Ark in Space SE, but unfortunately they're out of sync (however you can see the improvement in picture quality:

http://www.youtube.com/user/roadshowentnz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The BBC Shop have recently put up higher res versions of the following region 2 DVD's (which are now available to pre-order), including the Ark in Space SE cover!:

The Legacy Box: http://www.bbcshop.com/science-fiction/doctor-who-legacy-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3388/&temp=enlarged&layout=empty

The Reign of Terror: http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-reign-of-terror-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3528/&temp=enlarged&layout=empty

The Ark in Space SE: http://www.bbcshop.com/tom-baker/doctor-who-the-ark-in-space-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3672/&temp=enlarged&layout=empty

Nice to see that the Reign of Terror will have a sticker about the animated episodes on it!:D
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets have faith and pray by 2013 some amazing classic missing episodes will be found.

I would do cartwheels if The Daleks Master Plan and the Evil of the Daleks was found.

I would be a dream :(

Looking forward to Terror of the Zygons release. Also order Jon Pertwee's Ambassadors of Death and the Planet of Spiders for Christmas. Only problem is I want the Terror of the Autons but I already have Spearhead from Space. So Why do I have to buy that collector box set just to get Terror of the Autons. Anyone else annoyed at this?
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    The re release of Spearhead is far superior :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The re release of Spearhead is far superior :)

Should I just get the re release then :)

What about the old disc though, I don't have the heart to bin it LOL
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Keep both, it will make your collection more complete than some peoples :)

The rerelease has some new extras, and higher quality picture too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep both, it will make your collection more complete than some peoples :)

The rerelease has some new extras, and higher quality picture too

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I always keep old editions to complete the collection, even have all the old Videos...
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Should I just get the re release then :)

What about the old disc though, I don't have the heart to bin it LOL

You could always sell it on Ebay?

I can't do that with my Robots of Death DVD though because Mr Baker signed it for me.
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have collected all the special editions released so far but not kept the original discs.have either passed them on to friends or traded them at cex for something else i wanted.got £8 exchange for the aztecs and ark in space which for me was something for nothing when i am going to buy the special editions when they come out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    You could always sell it on Ebay?

I can't do that with my Robots of Death DVD though because Mr Baker signed it for me.

OMG your so lucky LOL :D I'd love to have Mr Bakers autograph. Was he in the shop when you bought the DVD LOL :)

I was hoping I could get Terror of the Autons from Ebay but I think everyone is selling off their Spearhead From Space disc LOL :D

I think you need to buy the UNIT files for The Dinosaur Pertwee story too.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    OMG your so lucky LOL :D I'd love to have Mr Bakers autograph. Was he in the shop when you bought the DVD LOL :)

I was hoping I could get Terror of the Autons from Ebay but I think everyone is selling off their Spearhead From Space disc LOL :D

I think you need to buy the UNIT files for The Dinosaur Pertwee story too.

He was doing a signing at HMV when Robots of Death was first released. Tom was there with two robots, if I remember rightly. It was during the wilderness years of Doctor Who, before the new series started so there was hardly any queue at all.

I wanted to get one of the new series DVD's signed by Matt Smith a couple of years ago but you had to start queuing at about 6am to get a wristband, they'd all gone by the time. I popped into HMV to see them when they arrived but it was a mad frenzy, like a music gig!

What a difference a few years makes :)
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets have faith and pray by 2013 some amazing classic missing episodes will be found.

I would do cartwheels if The Daleks Master Plan and the Evil of the Daleks was found.

I would be a dream :(

Amen. I would love to see the full Dalek's Master Plan. I have watched the reconstruction (with the three existing episodes spliced in properly), but it would be interesting to see it all.

Mavek Chain (sp?) was a real hanyack. That guy was such an ego-maniac.

Right now I am just looking forward to the animation of the missing episodes (inasmuch as they will animate). I wonder, if they balk at animating beyond the two episode point, if we could do a kick-start deal where people commit the money to the animation and they receive the DVDs once it is animated with a certain threshold required to make the project run. I wonder if that would work.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    Amen. I would love to see the full Dalek's Master Plan. I have watched the reconstruction (with the three existing episodes spliced in properly), but it would be interesting to see it all.

Mavek Chain (sp?) was a real hanyack. That guy was such an ego-maniac.

Right now I am just looking forward to the animation of the missing episodes (inasmuch as they will animate). I wonder, if they balk at animating beyond the two episode point, if we could do a kick-start deal where people commit the money to the animation and they receive the DVDs once it is animated with a certain threshold required to make the project run. I wonder if that would work.

Im sure i read somebody debunk the kickstarter theory as its bbcww policy. Cant remember the exact reason but i think its something to do with the dvds has to make money from its own budget alocated and any outside investment is prohibited.

Speaking of masterplan i hear ian levine is planning to animate it. I hope he clears the rights this time round which he didnt do with shada which is 1 of the many reasons i believe his version was turned down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Im sure i read somebody debunk the kickstarter theory as its bbcww policy. Cant remember the exact reason but i think its something to do with the dvds has to make money from its own budget alocated and any outside investment is prohibited.

Speaking of masterplan i hear ian levine is planning to animate it. I hope he clears the rights this time round which he didnt do with shada which is 1 of the many reasons i believe his version was turned down

I hope so as well. If it is a well done animation, I would love to see it made official. :):):)

I don't understand, how could the kickstarter system be against BBC policy? If they can make a guaranteed profit on the enterprise, why not do it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I hope so as well. If it is a well done animation, I would love to see it made official. :):):)

I don't understand, how could the kickstarter system be against BBC policy? If they can make a guaranteed profit on the enterprise, why not do it?

I cant quite remember corectly (it was a while a go i read it) but i think that has something to do with the budget to make the dvd has to come from bbc ww directly due to their policy. I could be way off base on this though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    I cant quite remember corectly (it was a while a go i read it) but i think that has something to do with the budget to make the dvd has to come from bbc ww directly due to their policy. I could be way off base on this though

It's simply not a viable business model for an actual profit-seeking business. I also think the BBC Charter is pretty set on what BBC Worldwide can or cannot do, especially regarding how it 'competes' with other commercial companies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    The green death special edition out next year with added Sarah Jane adventures episode - death of the doctor with commentary by Katy manning and russel t davies!
    Announced today at midnight convention.
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true than I'm excited, haven't seen the Green Death yet. Didn't buy the old release because it lacked in extras. Look forward to this release:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If this is true than I'm excited, haven't seen the Green Death yet. Didn't buy the old release because it lacked in extras. Look forward to this release:)

Proof is here: https://twitter.com/ChrisChapman81 (scroll down)

I'm really looking forward to this one!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a bit underwhelmed by this.would be more exited about news of tenth planet/ice warriors/mind of evil/underwater menace:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a bit underwhelmed by this.would be more exited about news of tenth planet/ice warriors/mind of evil/underwater menace:yawn:

Sure they will tell all when the time is right. The trailer for ice warriors has been passed by the bbfc. An announcement cant be that far away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordan1980 wrote: »
    The green death special edition out next year with added Sarah Jane adventures episode - death of the doctor with commentary by Katy manning and russel t davies!
    Announced today at midnight convention.

Im thrilled. Its the last revisit on my wishlist. The original release picture quality suffered as it was compressed as a 1 disc release. Also it had the what katy did next doc dropped as there was no room. Plus it is the only pertwee story not to get a making of. Count me in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like the bbc are trying to exterminate all the old shiny silver disc releases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who-Fan63 wrote: »
    Proof is here: https://twitter.com/ChrisChapman81 (scroll down)

I'm really looking forward to this one!:)

Sweet! That is another one on my list of possible Special Editions which has been announced. :):):)

That makes the list:

Shada (Legacy Box Set): UK: January 7th, US: January 8th
    The Reign of Terror: UK: January 28th, US: February 12th
    The Ark in Space (SE): UK: February 18th, : US: March 12th
    The Aztecs (SE) (plus Galaxy 4 ep 3): UK: March 11th, US: March 12th
    Dalek Movies (Blu-Ray): UK: May 27th, US: NA
    Terror of the Zygons: UK: June 24th, US: NA
    Spearhead From Space (Blu-Ray): UK: July 15th, US: NA
    Inferno (SE): UK: NA, US: NA

and

The Mind of Evil
    The Tenth Planet