Options

Audition Tickets

pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
Forum Member
Tickets for the auditions are available now on SRO Audiences for Manchester.

It begins end of December :)

I can't make manchester as I live so far away which is a shame cos I wanted go to the blinds, but am hoping to go to the battles in Wembley

Comments

• Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the battles still be in wembely
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    Is that website legit? Just checked it and it doesn't seem very professional. I though Applause Stores was the official tickets site?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Is that website legit? Just checked it and it doesn't seem very professional. I though Applause Stores was the official tickets site?

SRO Audiences are the only ticket provider. They did all the Lives last year.
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did any one on here go last year, just wondering what their experience was like as have got tickets myself for a couple weeks time for the blinds
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    Did any one on here go last year, just wondering what their experience was like as have got tickets myself for a couple weeks time for the blinds

I went. Its really good really really good. I loved it they coaches are so nice and friendly so is staff BBC did a good job last year
  • Options
    citiuscitius Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I would advise anyone with tickets for the Manchester auditions to think wisely before going. We were queueing outside in the cold for 2 hours before finally having enough of being treated liked cattle and decided to go and have a drink instead.

I have been to the filming of countless shows for the BBC and have never been expected to queue outside for such a long time with no information or effort made to get people inside.

We threw our tickets away and to be honest we had a better night in the pub. The queue we were in was packed full of irritating chavs and girls with orange faces, ugg boots and sour expressions.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    citius wrote: »
    I would advise anyone with tickets for the Manchester auditions to think wisely before going. We were queueing outside in the cold for 2 hours before finally having enough of being treated liked cattle and decided to go and have a drink instead.

I have been to the filming of countless shows for the BBC and have never been expected to queue outside for such a long time with no information or effort made to get people inside.

We threw our tickets away and to be honest we had a better night in the pub. The queue we were in was packed full of irritating chavs and girls with orange faces, ugg boots and sour expressions.
    This doesn't surprise me at all, long queuing times happen whenever I've had tickets to The X Factor auditions.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in the queue yesterday as well, and agree we were treated really badly. The lack of organisation and consideration was amazing.

I'd been in touch with SRO, as one of my guests I not so well, do didn't want her queuing outside for ages, and we were assured that the doors would open on time, and that they would nearly always get everyone in. What a joke! The time that the doors were supposed to open passed, and we were not told how long it was going to be until they did, just kept getting "soon". When the doors eventually opened someone from production came out and shouted "priority ticket holders come down here please" and about 200 people walked past us to form another queue. Why there wasn't a seperate queue for priority holders at the start of the day is beyond me.

At no point did anyone come outside and count numbers, so people at the back of the line would know if they were getting in or not. There should have been someone there doing that, it was a horrible cold day, and that's the least you would expect.

So, we finally got in, only to be told, as we were handed our wristbands, that we might not get into the studio due to the number of production guests (all those priority tickets from earlier). Anyway, they let about another thirty or so in behind us, and sent the rest of the queue home.

So they start calling out the numbers, taking people in. We were about the last few that got in, so all those with wristbands behind us got sent home. We were seperated in the studio, but were told we would be priority for the next show we wanted to go to ....so a bit of consolation!

As it was we got "production guest" seats that weren't being used, so although we were not together got good seats. I had a great view, near the judges with a perfect view of the stage.

On the judge front Will.i.am, was fantastic with the audience, he was chatty, engaging, funny, he was asking people questions about what they were doing for New Year, sharing his plans etc etc. Jessie was ok, was pleasant enough - unfortunately some uber-fans were sat almost in front if her, and kept shouting the most embarrassing and cringeworthy things - felt slightly embarrassing. Personally I thought Tom came across as a bit aloof, good with the acts, but no audience interaction. Danny was fine, quite a smiley chap, but surrounded by fans shouting embarrassing things again.

From where we were sat we could hear the banter between them all ... Which was ok. TBH, I felt Will was the genuine one in all if that.

The acts were ok, not many through.., and one quite poor one.

Strange thing in the "interval", the judges got given a piece of paper with photographs on, I don't know who the pictures were of - seemed a bit odd.

Filming finished almost on time .... So you wonder if there was any chance that the doors would have opened at the agreed time.

So the studio experience was great, but the ticketing not so. I've been to a Strictly recording in London, and that was much better organised, but then again the BBC did the tickets themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Horwichallstars - what time did you get there for? And what time were the doors opened to you? I've got tickets for Wednesday's audition and they say they'll open the doors at 4.15pm and so I'm unsure what time I should get there for :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got there at 3 - for doors at (I think) 3.30.... but doors didn't open until 4.30.

It was bad because it was Sat Night, so all the hangers on turned up.... I think in the week you should be fine.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chricket wrote: »
    Horwichallstars - what time did you get there for? And what time were the doors opened to you? I've got tickets for Wednesday's audition and they say they'll open the doors at 4.15pm and so I'm unsure what time I should get there for :confused:

We'll see you there! :)

I've been to previous shows at Mediacity, all organised by SRO, and they have been perfect. It's the same people running it, so I'm not sure what happened yesterday :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    We'll see you there! :)

I've been to previous shows at Mediacity, all organised by SRO, and they have been perfect. It's the same people running it, so I'm not sure what happened yesterday :confused:

Honestly Gill it was a shambles!! but hey, priority for another show .. every cloud has a silver lining!
  • Options
    ukpukp Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    We got there at 3 - for doors at (I think) 3.30.... but doors didn't open until 4.30.

It was bad because it was Sat Night, so all the hangers on turned up.... I think in the week you should be fine.

I thought it was common knowledge that you never turn up just before the doors open (for popular shows). You must turn up much earlier to ensure you get in if you do not have priority tickets.

I'm surprised you were treated so badly by SRO because my experience of using them (almost every week) they have probably the best people management than all the other companies - including the BBC who are usually useless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ukp wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that you never turn up just before the doors open (for popular shows). You must turn up much earlier to ensure you get in if you do not have priority tickets.

I'm surprised you were treated so badly by SRO because my experience of using them (almost every week) they have probably the best people management than all the other companies - including the BBC who are usually useless.

It wasn't about turning up early - we did get there early, the issue was that they were over an hour late opening the doors.

I went to the BBC for Strictly and they were great. In this instance SRO were dreadful. They didn't even come out to say how long the delay would be, so you knew if you could pop to Costa, go to the Loo etc. I am sure that they are fine at other times, but on Saturday ... just awful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't about turning up early - we did get there early, the issue was that they were over an hour late opening the doors.

I went to the BBC for Strictly and they were great. In this instance SRO were dreadful. They didn't even come out to say how long the delay would be, so you knew if you could pop to Costa, go to the Loo etc. I am sure that they are fine at other times, but on Saturday ... just awful

I have a feeling the early recording ran over then as I went to the early one on Friday and it was due to finish at 4 but we didn't get out of studio till after 4.30 / 4.45 and there was a queue outside for the evening recording
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last years was a breeze! me and my friend got there an hour before short queue outside then we were all taken inside where we could get drinks and food until we were called into the studioi it was the best show recording i've been too.

last years auditions were organised by applause store
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone talk about the acts which they've seen? Which have been the best?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone talk about the acts which they've seen? Which have been the best?

Not allowed to they specifically asked the audience not to say anything online or social media
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have tickets for tomorrows audition shows and I'm now thinking that there isn't really much point in turning up as we can only get there FOR around the time the doors are due to open (I need to get my son from school and drop him off etc.)

It sounds like there's not much chance of getting into the audience unless I start queueing for an hour or 2 beforehand :(...is that right?

Bah, I'm really feeling a bit crappy now as I was so looking forward to this and I've invited people already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tickets for tomorrows audition shows and I'm now thinking that there isn't really much point in turning up as we can only get there FOR around the time the doors are due to open (I need to get my son from school and drop him off etc.)

It sounds like there's not much chance of getting into the audience unless I start queueing for an hour or 2 beforehand :(...is that right?

Bah, I'm really feeling a bit crappy now as I was so looking forward to this and I've invited people already.

Not necessarily as I got there on Friday morning and was only there around 20 mins before they stated they would be there to give wrist bands there was a lot already though. If u want to go its worth a try
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily as I got there on Friday morning and was only there around 20 mins before they stated they would be there to give wrist bands there was a lot already though. If u want to go its worth a try

Thanks for the reply.

What is the etiquette on keeping a space in the queue for members of your group who can only turn up around the time the doors are opening?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply.

What is the etiquette on keeping a space in the queue for members of your group who can only turn up around the time the doors are opening?

The security when I was there on Friday wouldn't allow it I'm afraid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The security when I was there on Friday wouldn't allow it I'm afraid

Balls. I suppose we're just going to have to chance turning up AT 4.15 and hoping for the best.

I really hope they don't over-issue tickets in massive abundance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls. I suppose we're just going to have to chance turning up AT 4.15 and hoping for the best.

I really hope they don't over-issue tickets in massive abundance.

You might be ok as my guess would be that Fridays and weekends are busier as easier for people to get time off work etc than mid week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I was in the queue yesterday as well, and agree we were treated really badly. The lack of organisation and consideration was amazing.

I'd been in touch with SRO, as one of my guests I not so well, do didn't want her queuing outside for ages, and we were assured that the doors would open on time, and that they would nearly always get everyone in. What a joke! The time that the doors were supposed to open passed, and we were not told how long it was going to be until they did, just kept getting "soon". When the doors eventually opened someone from production came out and shouted "priority ticket holders come down here please" and about 200 people walked past us to form another queue. Why there wasn't a seperate queue for priority holders at the start of the day is beyond me.

At no point did anyone come outside and count numbers, so people at the back of the line would know if they were getting in or not. There should have been someone there doing that, it was a horrible cold day, and that's the least you would expect.

So, we finally got in, only to be told, as we were handed our wristbands, that we might not get into the studio due to the number of production guests (all those priority tickets from earlier). Anyway, they let about another thirty or so in behind us, and sent the rest of the queue home.

So they start calling out the numbers, taking people in. We were about the last few that got in, so all those with wristbands behind us got sent home. We were seperated in the studio, but were told we would be priority for the next show we wanted to go to ....so a bit of consolation!

As it was we got "production guest" seats that weren't being used, so although we were not together got good seats. I had a great view, near the judges with a perfect view of the stage.

On the judge front Will.i.am, was fantastic with the audience, he was chatty, engaging, funny, he was asking people questions about what they were doing for New Year, sharing his plans etc etc. Jessie was ok, was pleasant enough - unfortunately some uber-fans were sat almost in front if her, and kept shouting the most embarrassing and cringeworthy things - felt slightly embarrassing. Personally I thought Tom came across as a bit aloof, good with the acts, but no audience interaction. Danny was fine, quite a smiley chap, but surrounded by fans shouting embarrassing things again.

From where we were sat we could hear the banter between them all ... Which was ok. TBH, I felt Will was the genuine one in all if that.

The acts were ok, not many through.., and one quite poor one.

Strange thing in the "interval", the judges got given a piece of paper with photographs on, I don't know who the pictures were of - seemed a bit odd.

Filming finished almost on time .... So you wonder if there was any chance that the doors would have opened at the agreed time.

So the studio experience was great, but the ticketing not so. I've been to a Strictly recording in London, and that was much better organised, but then again the BBC did the tickets themselves.

Perhaps they're shown the people they should send through in the corresponding to the order?