Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    I wonder if Kimberley is picking up votes from people who bodyswerved the first part of the series and started to watch three-quarters of the way through?

Mainly, because personally, I can't understand changing horses half way through the race :o If I bond with a contestant in the early days - that's it ... I stick with them through thick and thin and if they go out before the final stages, I'm not bothered about voting for anyone else.:o

I cant vote mindy but if I could I would be changing now to Kimberly . I think her progress has been brilliant and that Charlston was the first wow of the whole series for me .
    I liked Nicky , would have thrown a few voted his way for a while , I doubt I would have wanted him to win though in the end
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    Morning DOTs !!

Daughter's wedding today :eek:

Will be back tomorrow for some more unappreciating .... still haven't had time to watch the results show, but I know that at last my prayers have been answered.

Toodle pip x

Have a wonderful time! xx
  • Options
    serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas show spoiler ahead:
    What in the world have we done to deserve having to sit through this again :cry::cry:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/17/article-2249586-168DA486000005DC-669_634x468.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Kimberley is picking up votes from people who bodyswerved the first part of the series and started to watch three-quarters of the way through?

Mainly, because personally, I can't understand changing horses half way through the race :o If I bond with a contestant in the early days - that's it ... I stick with them through thick and thin and if they go out before the final stages, I'm not bothered about voting for anyone else.:o

I don't know. The ratings have been fairly steady throughout the series.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning DOTs !!

Will be back tomorrow for some more unappreciating .... still haven't had time to watch the results show, but I know that at last my prayers have been answered.

Toodle pip x

Congratulations, wishing you a wonderful day!
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    I do change horse half way through especially if my first choice is naff or has a bad personality or if someone surprises me with a wow dance.

Last year I was a Chelsee convert from about a month in and this year I am loving Kimberely for her added oomph these last 2 weeks

But I am just fickle and a flitter jibbet :o:o

:D:D

It's good how people are so different, isn't it. :D

I've had initial favourites that turned out to be plankish :o but I can't just transfer to someone else - I'd vote for both or none rather than just one:D :o
  • Options
    zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning DOTs !!

Toodle pip x

All the best for today x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I usually warm up to people as the series goes on. Loved Alesha & Zoe from the beginning. Hoped last year Chelsee would be good so we could keep Pasha, and she became one of my favourites; same thing happened the year before with Kara. Started off by thinking Gavin was a total prat, ended up by thinking that he was a bit of a lovable prat, with a surprising sense of humour. Never had as big a 180 degree turn on someone before or since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    serafimo wrote: »
    Christmas show spoiler ahead:
    What in the world have we done to deserve having to sit through this again :cry::cry:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/17/article-2249586-168DA486000005DC-669_634x468.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've killed the thread! Possibly the content of my last post did it...
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought that , I disappear and people just slope off leaving Tarquin alone with the booze ,look at him just a heap in the corner clutching that bottle of Kirsch

Flounces off kicking Tarquin in passing ! I was saving that for a black forest gateaux!!

On the plus side nothing can dim my mood , woo hoo Lisa is out !!!
  • Options
    shrewshrew Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... you did this deliberately

*... grabs coat*
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Nah, not you, just a bit bored with various fanbases yelling at each other to be honest.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobajot wrote: »
    Not really she has already been in the bottom 2 and the judges/producers overmark accordingly. I haven't changed my favourite and won't even if he falls over why would the GP?
    Oh loads would, I know I have. Louis was my favourite but though I still like him off the dance floor, he's not setting me alight on it. I can't vote for him anymore, it wouldn't be right.

You have to remember too that there are viewers who have lost their faves now, some of them will still vote.

I can't understand why anyone would pick a fave at the beginning and stick with it like glue even if the person disappoints. I thought Sid was pretty good to begin with but seriously went off him, contrariwise I thought Michael was terrible but grew to love him. It's not about changing horses, when you start you really don't know what the person will turn out to dance like or be like - it's a guess.

I never would have picked Kimberley out as a favourite early on or someone I would be backing but now I am loving everything about her.

I'm seriously still not appreciating James Jordan though, I would never climb aboard his train even if he had my most favourite celeb ever on board. As he has one of my least favourite celebs it's a pretty lethal combination.
  • Options
    allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Nah, not you, just a bit bored with various fanbases yelling at each other to be honest.

FAN WARZ?!!! Actual FAN WARZ?!!! Have I missed it? I'm far too busy to get excited about a bit of Fan Warz really.....

Like much else this year, even Fan Warz is a bit meh...le sigh
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Storms in to rescue Tarquin, brush him down and whisk him away*

Godammit! I drew him a map. I showed him where Waityrose was, I gave him a list and what happened? Nada.

We are waiting for our Mojitos and Manattans at The Bar and not a Tarquin in sight.

What have you done to him? :mad:

*drags him off stage left*
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allgrownup wrote: »
    FAN WARZ?!!! Actual FAN WARZ?!!! Have I missed it? I'm far too busy to get excited about a bit of Fan Warz really.....

Like much else this year, even Fan Warz is a bit meh...le sigh

You've not missed much, to be fair.

If you remember any or all of Zoe/Emma/Kelly you've about got it covered. :cool:
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unappreciating the common idea that Kimbers is just the absolute best or something.

Now I don't mind her, but that AS had hardly ANY dancing in hold, and her spare arm dangled around like a spare tentacle.

And her Charleston, fine, but not better than either Dani's or Denises (which was wonderful).

Worth nines.

The hype of it all is getting to me.

Which I unappreciate. I like Kimbers but the gushy gush and unreality is cheesing me.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also cheesed by the multitudinous threads on Van Outen.

It's all been said, boring now.
  • Options
    kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    *Storms in to rescue Tarquin, brush him down and whisk him away*

Godammit! I drew him a map. I showed him where Waityrose was, I gave him a list and what happened? Nada.

We are waiting for our Mojitos and Manattans at The Bar and not a Tarquin in sight.

What have you done to him? :mad:

*drags him off stage left*

Be gentle with him, I think he might be traumatized, first it was sportsman ogling night then vibrator gate, not sure he is himself right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've not missed much, to be fair.

If you remember any or all of Zoe/Emma/Kelly you've about got it covered. :cool:

Oh, those kind of Fan Warz...:( I was hoping for full on series 8 Fan Warz complete with bandwagons to jump on...:D
    kassieq wrote: »
    Be gentle with him, I think he might be traumatized, first it was sportsman ogling night then vibrator gate, not sure he is himself right now.

Poor thing, having to witness all that. I mean seriously, the boy has seen it all and then throw sex toys in the mix....*shakes head*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karen's mother must be a dance genius. She can do bloody everything.
  • Options
    cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allgrownup wrote: »
    Karen's mother must be a dance genius. She can do bloody everything.

Bet she couldn't unravel OurLeona with a piece of material though. ZOMG - soooo haaaaard for Harry to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cymrugirl wrote: »
    Bet she couldn't unravel OurLeona with a piece of material though. ZOMG - soooo haaaaard for Harry to do.

Imagine what could have gone wrong? :eek::eek::eek:

Wacky Julian is just soooo smackable. :mad:

Transformation from a young girl into a woman with a toilet roll dress...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denise got her heel caught in her dress? When? :eek: Why was this not mentioned before? :eek:
This discussion has been closed.