Options

Religion just isnt COOL enough

36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
Forum Member
✭✭
Is the problem with religion these days that it just isnt cool?

I dont think ive ever met someone that's into religon that is cool and kinda smooth.

Why dont certain religons have a marketting dept? just like any other business.

Comments

• Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should put Wi-fi in churches so people can use their iPads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    They should put Wi-fi in churches so people can use their iPads.

sunday service via skype? not a bad shout
  • Options
    CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant think why a middle eastern bronze age myth cult isnt cool for todays yoof?

maybe its because kids are not interested in a minority organisation that exists to give some adult people on the margins of society some feeling of self importance ?

that and the fact that its a load of old crap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont think ive ever met someone that's into religon that is cool and kinda smooth.

Erm, Scientology... Apparently *ahem* its a religion and not a cult.. They must have one blinking good marketing department! Not convinced its a religion, but their marketing department says otherwise..
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,835
    Forum Member
    There is nothing more uncool than trying to be cool. I'm not even sure that being cool is all that cool or indeed hot. Passé is cool.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 17 and there is only around 8/9 people in my year group (out of 180) in school that are religious. For me, I cannot grasp religion because I have been brought up seeing that facts are solid and factual and regarding religion, it's all pure belief.
  • Options
    j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much music and singers but no dance competition. dancing will make religion cooler.:cool:
  • Options
    crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, Scientology... Apparently *ahem* its a religion and not a cult.. They must have one blinking good marketing department! Not convinced its a religion, but their marketing department says otherwise..

Makes for some good entertainment though! Saw a documentary on it a while back, couldn't stop laughing when they said that when you get to the second 'level' or 'realm' or something, you get to hear the BIG SECRET.......... duh duh duuuuhhhhh...

That Captain Zogwog brought the original humans here from the planet Zoro out of a volcano called Zultan thousands of years ago and thats where we all came from...

It was something to that effect.
    Oh and that the great 'creator' of the religion was a science fiction writer! You'd think that'd tell them something.
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well that and also maybe because ....................... ITS ALL MADE UP !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i'd say Scientology is just as 'believable' as any other religion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd say Scientology is just as 'believable' as any other religion.

Aliens coming down in spaceships?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes for some good entertainment though! Saw a documentary on it a while back, couldn't stop laughing when they said that when you get to the second 'level' or 'realm' or something, you get to hear the BIG SECRET.......... duh duh duuuuhhhhh...

That Captain Zogwog brought the original humans here from the planet Zoro out of a volcano called Zultan thousands of years ago and thats where we all came from...

It was something to that effect.
    Oh and that the great 'creator' of the religion was a science fiction writer! You'd think that'd tell them something.

It's ridiculous isn't it! I've only got a basic understanding ( basically what you said) and they all seem to be totally doolally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jesus dying on a cross then bouncing back just for giggles
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you believe in one kind of miracle why not all - anything is possible.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member

Religions themselves don't have marketing departments, but don't be fooled into thinking religious groups are powerless; far from it, they have a disproportionate influence on our media and governments.
  • Options
    crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous isn't it! I've only got a basic understanding ( basically what you said) and they all seem to be totally doolally.

Have you seen Tom Cruise talk about it?:eek:

Wowww.... He likes it, alot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Probably more believable than an all seeing creator who often hates his followers so much he has no problem wiping thousands, and sometimes millions of them out in one swoop. Who then made a virgin pregnant, and whose son then died and was brought back to life. The original zombie I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus dying on a cross then bouncing back just for giggles

Ok fair point!
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Good, though people who want to believe in various religions will, no extra efforts is needed to boost numbers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I doubt anyone, if they aren't already religious, joins to look cool though. They do so because they believe. And by the same token, I doubt anyone already religious thinks it makes them cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt anyone, if they aren't already religious, joins to look cool though. They do so because they believe. And by the same token, I doubt anyone already religious thinks it makes them cool.

But for me, I'd need to be impressed to feel it was for me.

For example a guy with a dog collor on just dont work or a bearded bloke in linen just dont cut the mustard.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christianity in UK has well and truly had its day. The only religion that people seem fanatical about is Islam. It will take over from Christianity at some point in the future so get used to the idea.
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not meant to be "cool", they're meant to preach and keep you from sinning and to understand the world.

"Out of touch with the society" is perhaps a more accurate way to describe them.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    The great God Apple.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So being cool is desirable in some way?
    OK.