Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    gymlin wrote: »
    Hi ya'll !

The bookies in this part of the world are saying that Louis is deffo going to win.
    I'm really happy with everyone in tonight's final and think that they all deserve to be there.

I really would be happy with any of the 3 of the celebs winning!

Considering cracking open a bottle of something special when it comes on- anyone want to join me?

Nuts with that ? ;)

So who is the one you've already dismissed?!

In so far as I care much this year, I'm undecided between Louis and Kimberley. I prefer Louis to Kimberley, but Pasha to Flavia.

As long as the promised twist isn't the return of Lisa, having earnt her place as being the Peoples' Champion, I'll be fine of whoever wins.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

In so far as I care much this year, I'm undecided between Louis and Kimberley. I prefer Louis to Kimberley, but Pasha to Flavia.

As long as the promised twist isn't the return of Lisa, having earnt her place as being the Peoples' Champion, I'll be fine of whoever wins.

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member

Haven't dismissed anyone - but apparently to general public have such a dislike of Denise and James that they have a snowballs chance !
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo - my fave !
    Are they salted?
    And the jumbo size :D
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Can I really unappreciate Christmas. Grr! We're going to in-laws tomorrow and so I had to leave all the cooking until today. I've made sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies, Welsh cakes, stained glass window cookies, cherry and pineapple fruit cake, I've still got to do oatmeal cookies, mince pies and chocolate brownies and then I'm done.

I then have to start on the ironing, packmthe suitcases, finish off the last minute wrapping, pack the car and make something for dinner. Meanwhile, hubby and Ratbag have been sat around ALL MORNING sniping at one another. :rolleyes:

My back hurts, my darling hubby has kindly given me the cold that has had him off sick for 3 days and I just want to go to bed.Bah blooming humbug! :rolleyes:

Cherry & pineapple fruit cake sounds so much nicer than Christmas cake. I always used to pick off the royal icing to eat and leave the marzipan, and dig out the cherrries, leaving the rest of the cake. I don't eat cake now because of wheat intolerance but my mind's now busy wondering if your yummy-sounding version can be replicated with ground almonds or rice flour.

My rule of ironing is that ... I don't. They wear easy care shirts, or they iron them themselves.

Remember to breathe!
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    I have cashews.

The chemist can give you an ointment to sort that out!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    The chemist can give you an ointment to sort that out!:D

Vick might do. ;)
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you on that - well, maybe not the first part !
    I echo that , I have often ran in and hid behind the sofa and had a swig of Tequila to save me soul .

We're liucky to have this oasis of insanity/humorous sanity, I think we've needed it more this year than any other. ;)

I swear if any of you see me supporting anyone again rather than unappreciating them all and being sarcastic about the whole lot of them, you have my permission to slap me. I much prefer it when I can't stand any of them. :D

Mince pies in the oven, everything done bar oatmeal cookies and brownies and I can do the brownies in my sleep, Ratbag loves them and my darling hubby is doing the ironing after I complained. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Victoria really annoyed wardrobe after she left, didn't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry & pineapple fruit cake sounds so much nicer than Christmas cake. I always used to pick off the royal icing to eat and leave the marzipan, and dig out the cherrries, leaving the rest of the cake. I don't eat cake now because of wheat intolerance but my mind's now busy wondering if your yummy-sounding version can be replicated with ground almonds or rice flour.

My rule of ironing is that ... I don't. They wear easy care shirts, or they iron them themselves.

Remember to breathe!

Thanks hun, serves me right for being Mayor Smuggity Smug of Smugville and thinking I'd finished everything weeks ago. :rolleyes::o

Hubby's doing ironing and said hell order Chinese for dinner. He's a sweetheart sometimes. :)
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all! Unappreciating that I can't seem to make mince pies without half the filling splurging out of the middle.

Ready for the final? I much preferred it last year when I didn't really care who won! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She seems to wearing one of robins oversized vests!
    And Fern has no makeup on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brendan bribed them. ;)

Pasha's teeth freak me out. :eek:

But whats the point of Louis' spray tan, he's exactly the same colour. :confused: But gratuitous topless shots are gratefully received. ;) His pout is a thing of beauty too, that's the pout you need for your tango Kimbers. :p
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiskas wrote: »
    I haven't been on the forum as much because I am sick of the multiple threads started by one poster, all CAPITALs and ????. There used to be a range of topics, but now it's just a one-man show, and that one man has nothing to say that interests me. This thread used to be sarky and funny but so many people are cheesed off by the main board that they just come to moan, and that's not what this thread is about.

The whole feel of the place has changed this year, and not for the better.

couldn't have put in better myself

I really used to love coming on the DS boards and even if some posters pissed you off, there were enough normal/funny/sensible people to make up for it. A lot of those people seem to have given up this year.

ah well.....everything changes I guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Afternoon all! Unappreciating that I can't seem to make mince pies without half the filling splurging out of the middle.

Ready for the final? I much preferred it last year when I didn't really care who won! :eek:

There's a good recipe on BBC Good Food website called unbelievably easy mince pies and they are you just take balls of dough and squish them into the muffin tin. I haven't had any leaks and I've made them 5 times now.

Here we go

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2174/unbelievably-easy-mince-pies

Secret is only put 1 tsp of filling in each pie. ;)
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unappreciating the pic of Lisa lifting Robin and holding onto his buttocks with obscene joy.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Appreciating unappreciating the clothes that 'wardrobe' have made for Dani and Denise and Kimberley for their showdance... Guess most of the staff on the wardrobe department had gone on Christmas leave early so they were so short staffed that they could not make three proper dresses for the finalist girls.... aaargh....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coronis wrote: »
    Unappreciating the pic of Lisa lifting Robin and holding onto his buttocks with obscene joy.

My thought was that she's going to knacker her back completely. Hope for her sake they're not doing that on tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittles wrote: »
    couldn't have put in better myself

I really used to love coming on the DS boards and even if some posters pissed you off, there were enough normal/funny/sensible people to make up for it. A lot of those people seem to have given up this year.

ah well.....everything changes I guess

Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a DS without the irritation...?
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out (apologies if someone has..) but I'd like to unappreciate that, if Widdy is anything to go by, Lisa is going to be wheeled out for anything remotely connected with Strictly for the next umpteen years - she'll be on the red button with Karen, on the Friday panel on ITT, gurning on Chidren in Need, doing side-by-side with Robin on Comic Relief.... :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »

It's Fern's face causes me more concern. :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member

Ye Gods woman, just say no! :eek:

Is that Louis van Amstel on the sofa in the Robin onesie *shudder* pic?
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    There's a good recipe on BBC Good Food website called unbelievably easy mince pies and they are you just take balls of dough and squish them into the muffin tin. I haven't had any leaks and I've made them 5 times now.

Here we go

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2174/unbelievably-easy-mince-pies

Secret is only put 1 tsp of filling in each pie. ;)

Oooh, thanks for that Alli! I'll have a look. :D
  • Options
    CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    It's Fern's face causes me more concern. :eek::eek::eek:

Just went back to look, PMSL, she looks as if she's let out a fart she'd been holding in for hours. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out (apologies if someone has..) but I'd like to unappreciate that, if Widdy is anything to go by, Lisa is going to be wheeled out for anything remotely connected with Strictly for the next umpteen years - she'll be on the red button with Karen, on the Friday panel on ITT, gurning on Chidren in Need, doing side-by-side with Robin on Comic Relief.... :eek:
    To be honest, as long as more Lisa means less Widdy, i can put up with that
This discussion has been closed.