Options

The Fleetwood Mac Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    human zoohuman zoo Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Love Fleetwood Mac. For me Christine McVie was both their finest songwriter and singer. I wouldn't go to a Fleetwood Mac concert though unless she returned to the group. Imagine not hearing songs like 'Songbird' 'Say You Love Me' 'Don't Stop' or 'Everywhere'. My fav album is predictably 'Rumours', but I think 'Mirage'; (dubbed Rumours 2) is highly underated.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    human zoo wrote: »
    Love Fleetwood Mac. For me Christine McVie was both their finest songwriter and singer. I wouldn't go to a Fleetwood Mac concert though unless she returned to the group. Imagine not hearing songs like 'Songbird' 'Say You Love Me' 'Don't Stop' or 'Everywhere'. My fav album is predictably 'Rumours', but I think 'Mirage'; (dubbed Rumours 2) is highly underated.

Christine McVie is and always has been such a talented woman and Fleetwood Mac would never have been what they were without her. I know what you mean, Christine gave them some of their best songs (such as Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird etc) and so concerts wouldn't be the same without them. Of course, they still sing Don't Stop but Stevie does Christine's vocals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Christine McVie is and always has been such a talented woman and Fleetwood Mac would never have been what they were without her. I know what you mean, Christine gave them some of their best songs (such as Little Lies, Everywhere, Songbird etc) and so concerts wouldn't be the same without them. Of course, they still sing Don't Stop but Stevie does Christine's vocals
    No offence to Stevie Nicks and her fans, her voice would be totally unsuited to that song. Plus, no one could play that great jangly piano part other than Christine Mac:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No offence to Stevie Nicks and her fans, her voice would be totally unsuited to that song. Plus, no one could play that great jangly piano part other than Christine Mac:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrttTGa7rc She's not too bad but it does miss Christine's huskiness. I guess they have no choice but to perform it as it's considered one of their biggest hits.
  • Options
    TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member

I'd love Christine to rejoin for one last tour. It would be great to hear Little Lies, Songbird, Oh Daddy and Isn't It Midnight live. My first time seeing Fleetwood Mac was in 2003 so missed out on seeing the full Rumours line-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love Christine to rejoin for one last tour. It would be great to hear Little Lies, Songbird, Oh Daddy and Isn't It Midnight live. My first time seeing Fleetwood Mac was in 2003 so missed out on seeing the full Rumours line-up.

Same! Little Lies is probably one of my favourites also songs like Everywhere and Hold Me, I would love her to rejoin! Also, Christine is on twitter now :)
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie Nicks has confirmed that Fleetwood Mac will embark on a reunion tour from April next year.

The band behind iconic 1977 album 'Rumours' put an end to months of speculation by confirming their reunion, with Nicks also revealing the band are in talks about recording new music to coincide with the live dates.

Speaking to ABC News Radio, Nicks said: "We go into rehearsals somewhere around the end of February. So... if everything goes to plan, we should probably be out [on the road] by end of April [or] May, I would think."

Nicks added that the reunited group are working on new music, though nothing is official yet.Well, actually, maybe like two songs, maybe four, who knows? We don't really know yet 'cos we're not in the world of Fleetwood Mac yet. We're just still in talks about that.

Fleetwood Mac are one of a number of names rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury when the festival returns. Speaking to NME about the rumours, festival organiser Emily Eavis said: "I think Fleetwood Mac would be amazing to get, I’ll be totally honest we haven’t had any conversations with them yet but, you know, it is still early days. We’re just talking to some headliners now. For us it’s about getting the balance of heritage bands, legends and new bands – just keeping that balance."

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/66648
    SUPERGROUP Fleetwood Mac are planning a world tour next year after reforming for a series of concerts following months of wrangling between drummer Mick Fleetwood and singer Stevie Nicks.

The rock giants are hitting the road to mark the 45th anniversary of the release of the band’s first album, with a different line-up, in 1968.

Singer Stevie Nicks has agreed to reunite with Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. British singer Christine McVie is not expected to sign up.

Last night a spokesman for Nicks confirmed plans for the tour: “It’s certainly looking that way. I don’t have specifics yet.”

The group may even record new material for a proposed greatest hits release.

A source in Los Angeles said: “The Fleetwood Mac tour is on. This may be the end of the road for them after so many great years. They are all older and getting together can be a struggle with their commitments. They all want to go out on a bang.”

Fleetwood Mac, famous for hits single like Don’t Stop, Dreams and Rhiannon and albums Rumours and Tusk, have not performed since 2009.

That prompted a media battle between Nicks and Cornish-born Fleetwood, 65.

However Nicks, 64, told a US TV show a tour was on the cards for 2013. She said: “It’s the plan. Because that’s what we do.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...c-hit-the-road
  • Options
    Forum Member

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear this, I know it's not all set but yay new music! And I know when to start saving for the tour :D

It'd be brilliant if they performed at Glasto, they'd really capture the energy, but a shame nobody I know got tickets...loads of people were saying too many "chavs" got tickets :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Can't say I'm excited by this, just wouldn't be the same without Christine Mc:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the album 'Mirage' is an underated album, this is a lovely track from it Wish You Were Here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the album 'Mirage' is an underated album, this is a lovely track from it Wish You Were Here

My only complaint about that album is "Smile at You" should have made the cut. The demo version from the Mirage sessions is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same! Little Lies is probably one of my favourites also songs like Everywhere and Hold Me, I would love her to rejoin! Also, Christine is on twitter now :)

I'm suprised that Christine is on Twitter, she seems like a very private and guarded person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just realised Mirage is 30 years old this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm suprised that Christine is on Twitter, she seems like a very private and guarded person.

https://twitter.com/christine_mcvie Yeah she hasn't tweeted in nearly a week though, it was some Stevie Nicks fan page that said it was actually Chris behind the account

And yeah I forgot that too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waldstein wrote: »
    The Peter Green era was terrific. Need Your Love So Bad is probably my favourite song after The Chain.

I think the fact that they were so prolific is one of the great things about the band although of course each era wasn't for everyone like in your case. Personally, I tend to go through phases of listening to the Green era a lot and then swinging to the Buckingham/Nicks era depending on my listening moods.

Need Your Love So Bad, was the first dance at my Wedding :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleetwood Mac at Glastonbury??

That's the same story as every year, personally I'd be delighted, but it's the same as the Prince rumours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/christine_mcvie Yeah she hasn't tweeted in nearly a week though, it was some Stevie Nicks fan page that said it was actually Chris behind the account

And yeah I forgot that too!

She seems really sweet on Twitter. I'd follow her if I had an account. Someone obviously asked her about touring because she no to the idea. Damn!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She seems really sweet on Twitter. I'd follow her if I had an account. Someone obviously asked her about touring because she no to the idea. Damn!

Hmm, either they've not told her about it on purpose (which I doubt) or she knew but thought it wasn't her place to say so waited for Stevie to say it.

Speaking of Stevie, she also has twitter but hasn't used it since 2010 which is a shame I imagine she'd come out with some good ones! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, either they've not told her about it on purpose (which I doubt) or she knew but thought it wasn't her place to say so waited for Stevie to say it.

Speaking of Stevie, she also has twitter but hasn't used it since 2010 which is a shame I imagine she'd come out with some good ones! :D

Stevie's a riot! I'm still laughing at the thought of her strangling Nicki Minaj. Gotta love her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stevie's a riot! I'm still laughing at the thought of her strangling Nicki Minaj. Gotta love her.

oh I know! Thought that was brilliant, glad someone finally made a jibe at Nicki Minaj...not like Nicki would DARE retaliate to Stevie ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Errrm...YEAHS!!!! :cool::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next year will be the year of Fleetwood Mac! New tour, Stevie said in an interview she's fairly certain they'll be doing around 8 UK dates also, she's expressed interest in the band headlining Glastonbury too! Also, just read on Fleetwood Mac's Facebook page that they'll be re-releasing Rumours next year with new demos and live performances. Also, there's the probability on a new EP out next year with a few new songs on...ALL EXCITING :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great band both studio and live that have stood the test of time with superb albums that reach in to the very heart and soul. I miss chris though as her voice was so wonderful. Long may they make such great music.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours Super Deluxe Edition is out 28th January. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rumours-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B00AGKH45I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356370243&sr=8-4