Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Loved that episode. Brilliant stuff. And the continuity with Niall was great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    just watched the last 5mins :-D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    What a ridiculous, hilarious and WTF episode. I can imagine them all waking up with it as a dream >.< I quite like Browning being back, the more bad guys the better.
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode in weeks. Will always love the McQueen-centric ones, still the best family unit in the show after all this time. Jacqui's Christmas positivity slammed by the phone reveal.

"Never liked that Lynsey anyway". Eff off Theresa.

Another engagement for Mercedes! That girl needs a wedding loyalty card, she gets the next one free right?
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone may have already mentioned but is it just me who thinks that Brendan's dad was really well cast? Brendan looks like he could be his son IRL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Best episode.... If that's considered good then I'm severly confused. Entertaining but little more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best episode in weeks. Will always love the McQueen-centric ones, still the best family unit in the show after all this time. Jacqui's Christmas positivity slammed by the phone reveal.

"Never liked that Lynsey anyway". Eff off Theresa.

Another engagement for Mercedes! That girl needs a wedding loyalty card, she gets the next one free right?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode. Not great. Thought it had lots of potential and there was great continuity but it wasn't.... very witty? And normally the McQueen episodes are.

Thought there would be a few more laughs.

Nana's calendar was brilliant though. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Someone may have already mentioned but is it just me who thinks that Brendan's dad was really well cast? Brendan looks like he could be his son IRL.

I think so too.

It helps that the actors are rehearsing or discussing it really well beforehand because there's a lot of similarities in their performances too. It's very believable.
  • Options
    RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't condone violence, but as a major Jacqui fan I'm really struggling to find any sympathy for the vile Cindy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Theresa!:mad:

seconded! "just so you know, i never like that little lynsey anyways"....how much of a little bitch is she?!:mad::mad::mad:
    Plant wrote: »
    I find the McQueens being "comedic" tedious.

i agree. perhaps it's because it's something that's been done to death since they arrived?...i don't know, but i found the whole episode pretty boring. and at times the cheese was cringingly aweful.
    even jacqui finding the baby (blugh) and knocking cindy out with the santa were really anti-climatic and dull to me.

saviour of the episode today award goes to carmel. she's been growing on me so much lately, and she's a brilliant drunk! finally shows some sass...she should be a little bit drunk more often!!:D:D
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that episode I really wish they were showing Hollyoaks tomorrow I really want to know what happened. I wonder if Jacqui did do it. I'm thinking she didn't and Cindy fell down the stairs.

I wonder who's baby was on the doorstep as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Theresa saying to Dr.Browning "I never liked that Lynsey anyway", as if she's accepting him murdering her. She's accepting murders a lot lately.

I thought Cindy was Mitzeee for a minute then, and she was killed by Mercedes and Paul.

I wish we could have seen some actual arguing or something. All that build up and we didn't actually get to see Cindy pay for her affair with Rhys.

yeah i thought that too. the ending was a little empty for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    I love that episode I really wish they were showing Hollyoaks tomorrow I really want to know what happened. I wonder if Jacqui did do it. I'm thinking she didn't and Cindy fell down the stairs.

What stairs? :o
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely if Tony watched that video too he'll stop all this forgiving Cindy nonsense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »

stairs??? they were outside? barely one step! and jacqui's standing over her holding a santa statue!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    i agree. perhaps it's because it's something that's been done to death since they arrived?...i don't know, but i found the whole episode pretty boring. and at times the cheese was cringingly aweful.
    even jacqui finding the baby (blugh) and knocking cindy out with the santa were really anti-climatic and dull to me.

saviour of the episode today award goes to carmel. she's been growing on me so much lately, and she's a brilliant drunk! finally shows some sass...she should be a little bit drunk more often!!:D:D

I feel the same. I don't think the 'comedic' moments came across that well at all. There was some awful 'drunk' acting, especially Myra.

The bit where Bart admits to cheating on Sinead just seemed a bit bizarre and rushed and despite being one of the few things that actually happened it was over pretty quickly.

I also liked Carmel. Her expression when Mercedes was being chucked out was brilliant and I'm starting to feel sympathetic towards her now whereas before she just seemed annoying.
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I enjoyed it, but maybe that's because it's been a while since I saw some McQueen comedy (only just started watching again), and I enjoyed seeing John Paul (lying his little head off!), baby Jesus and Jacqui going through pain to rage looking at Rhys' phone.
  • Options
    superspooky123superspooky123 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistri wrote: »
    Well, I enjoyed it, but maybe that's because it's been a while since I saw some McQueen comedy (only just started watching again), and I enjoyed seeing John Paul (lying his little head off!), baby Jesus and Jacqui going through pain to rage looking at Rhys' phone.

What was he lying about is he the father? Cant watch it tonite
  • Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    I didn't understand Sinead's hypocrisy. How can she have a go at Bart when she shagged and got pregnant by Rhys! Bit daft really.
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was he lying about is he the father? Cant watch it tonite

Saying Craig was away working - they've broken up.

Makes me think he's more likely to be the baby daddy now as it might be related to the split.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    I hope jaqui gets arrested if they want to keep the reality of it going.
    Could the baby be reece's and the person doesnt know he has died?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange episode. The baby story might be interesting. Liked Carmel more than Jacqui so things are changing.

Nollaig shona dhaoibh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of liked the episode. Not as enthralling as some and most certianly not as boring as others.

Glad that Jacqui behaved as only Jacqui would and that Tony 'knows' how she would react. Here's santa paying you a special visit !!!!!

Also pleased that Mercedes has been shown the door again - well for a while.

My only negative is that having too many things happening at once and all in one episode, which I think shifted the focus from what should have been the main SL, Jacqui finding out about Cindy.

Myra drunk was not good. Her stupid dress was even worse. Jacqui telling Sinead not to spill the beans, Bart confessing about Lola, Nana and Carmel going head to head. Carmel wanting to know about JPs sudden reappearance, Mercedes appearing with DR B and Theresa's pathetic line, mystery baby, Dr B proposing to Mercedes. Too much to squeeze into one episode spoilt it for me.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myra has had enough Christmas cheer.:D
This discussion has been closed.