Options

whats been your crappiest gift so far?

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got an Arsenal calendar from my grandmum. Which would be pointless for me, since I'm a Man United supporter.
  • Options
    Dusk1983Dusk1983 Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    I bet everyone who posted 'its the thought that counts' has opened a presnet at some time and thought it was crap.

Yes, and then check themselves and feel guilty straight away. Infact not just guilt, but also shame. And that feels bad, which we learn from.

Most of us don't like to feel like a child so we consciously control our immaturity. After a while you stop having to try. That's called 'being an adult'.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Dusk1983 wrote: »
    Yes, and then check themselves and feel guilty straight away. Infact not just guilt, but also shame. And that feels bad, which we learn from.

Most of us don't like to feel like a child so we consciously control our immaturity. After a while you stop having to try. That's called 'being an adult'.

not sure if your having a go at me?
    I havent posted a word about my own presents
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50 shades of grey - the trilogy.

:cry:
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Body lotions,
    not necessarily a crap gift under normal circumstances, but when you get so many every year that by the time Christmas comes around you've still got about 10 from last Christmas, and then you get another pile of them again, it can get frustrating.

My tip for getting through body lotion is to use it to turn toilet roll into moist toilet roll.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I got an Arsenal calendar from my grandmum. Which would be pointless for me, since I'm a Man United supporter.

Do Man United supporter's have different lengthed months than Arsenal supporters have?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

Take it to a charity shop - you might as well let someone else benefit from it. :)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

Oh heck - you win! :D
  • Options
    Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk1983 wrote: »

Therapy is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

d0lphin wrote: »
    Oh heck - you win! :D

I concur. I'll stick with Jamie Oliver
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,987
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should set up a DS 'swap shop' with all these 'crappy' presents..... One man's junk is anothers treasure and all that :D

I didnt get any crap presents. My favourite is actually a cat calendar which was given to me by my nephew and nieces. Not the most expensive of gifts, but special because apparently they picked it out themselves, well the two oldest ones did (aged 4 and 5).
  • Options
    scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I concur. I'll stick with Jamie Oliver

Why on earth are you called christian grey? hardly the endorser you are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Do Man United supporter's have different lengthed months than Arsenal supporters have?

Considering Arsenal are out of the running for most things by about November, I'd say so :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Crappy gifts tend to pale into significance when you have to bury your loved one tomorrow.
  • Options
    crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquello wrote: »
    Crappy gifts tend to pale into significance when you have to bury your loved one tomorrow.

Sorry for your loss
  • Options
    AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member

You know you are going to enjoy readin them!! ;)
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Every year without fail I can guarantee a friend of my mum's will get me colouring books and crayons and a few A4 pads. The poor woman is a couple of sprouts short of a Xmas dinner, but I'm 35 FFS! Thanks to my mum saying I had an interest in art when I was 12 (in that I had an interest artists such as Renoir and Monet through to artists like H.R Giger) I've had this every year since then. Fair play, the A4 pads come in handy for notes or just general doodling on, but crayons and colouring books (this year included My Little Pony and one of those "* Billion Drawing Printed On Shitty Toilet Paper and Sold In The Poundshop") usually end up in the recycling bin as last time I checked notes written in crayon were unprofessional, and if I did colour a picture in my wife would undoubtedly take it and display it in her office and take great delight in telling everyone that is what I do in my spare time.

Given I have kids of my own (she's even bought them better presents) and I'm married for the second time, don't you think she'd have maybe realised I was outgrowing it?
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    Every year without fail I can guarantee a friend of my mum's will get me colouring books and crayons and a few A4 pads. The poor woman is a couple of sprouts short of a Xmas dinner, but I'm 35 FFS! Thanks to my mum saying I had an interest in art when I was 12 (in that I had an interest artists such as Renoir and Monet through to artists like H.R Giger) I've had this every year since then. Fair play, the A4 pads come in handy for notes or just general doodling on, but crayons and colouring books (this year included My Little Pony and one of those "* Billion Drawing Printed On Shitty Toilet Paper and Sold In The Poundshop") usually end up in the recycling bin as last time I checked notes written in crayon were unprofessional, and if I did colour a picture in my wife would undoubtedly take it and display it in her office and take great delight in telling everyone that is what I do in my spare time.

Given I have kids of my own (she's even bought them better presents) and I'm married for the second time, don't you think she'd have maybe realised I was outgrowing it?

I think I'd like to get a colouring book. :eek:
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today my mother told me that she was disappointed that no one bought her Jamie Oliver's book. :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I got a comedy present, a blacklace cd....my manfriend will have to get me drunk if he wants me to play it on hogmanay. Agadoo reminds me of crap school discos and getting bullied to be honest :(

Torture. He doesn't realise how much I hate blacklace...sheer evil.

I also got rammstein lichthausspiel dvd which was grand. So I'll allow the comedy buy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'll swap you for the blacklace cd :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Every year without fail I can guarantee a friend of my mum's will get me colouring bopoks and crayons and a few A4 pads. The poor woman is a couple of sprouts short of a Xmas dinner, but I'm 35 FFS! Thanks to my mum saying I had an interest in art when I was 12 (in that I had an interest artists such as Renoir and Monet through to artists like H.R Giger) I've had this every year since then. Fair play, the A4 pads come in handy for notes or just general doodling on, but crayons and colouring books (this year included My Little Pony and one of those "* Billion Drawing Printed On Shitty Toilet Paper and Sold In The Poundshop") usually end up in the recycling bin as last time I checked notes written in crayon were unprofessional, and if I did colour a picture in my wife would undoubtedly take it and display it in her office and take great delight in telling everyone that is what I do in my spare time.

BPOY award!

Tell her you want a HR Giger colouring in book next year! When I was little I had an aliens, robocop and gremlins ones, lol really! Wonder if you can still get uncoloured vintage unopened ones on eBay. I'm 33, hehe.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

does she think you are a Brony?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    does she think you are a Brony?

Eww...anyway I'll swap my blacklace cd for said posters colouring books also..I need rid!

Please someone anyone?
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member

ive read them all.....believe me after a while you'll be flicking though the sex and just wanting to read a story line.
    Theres too much sex for it to be real life.