Options

How badly will up-himself James Corden ruin Big Fat Quiz of the Year?

Comments

• Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, last year we had David Walliams, Jamie Oliver and worst of all, Miranda Hart, so for me, the personnel have improved quite dramatically.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corden and Whitehall on the same panel show?
    What were they thinking of?

It would be unbearable enough with either of the egomaniacs getting out of their seats and getting up to all their attention seeking 'look at me' antics.

The best you can hope for is that by some law of nature they'll cancel each other out.

Ah! But there's also a danger they'll amplify each other.
    I suppose it could have been worse. David Walliams could have been on there too.

*Shudders*
    Dandem wrote: »
    To be fair, last year we had David Walliams, Jamie Oliver and worst of all, Miranda Hart, so for me, the personnel have improved quite dramatically.

I'm glad I missed it! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    no Noel Fielding? pah :( funniest year was with him and Russel Brand. That line up doesn't sound very amusing... but I hope I'm proved wrong.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no Noel Fielding? pah :( funniest year was with him and Russel Brand. That line up doesn't sound very amusing... but I hope I'm proved wrong.

They'll never better the Goth Detectives pairing.
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme gets worse every year regardless of who's on it, But Corden and Whitehall are enought to stop me from watching, can't stand the pair of them.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,348
    Forum Member
    It's a shame David Mitchell and Noel Fielding aren't on this year, only really Ayoade and Ross that make it worthwhwhile (although Whitehall can be funny on some panel shows...).

Howard's okay, and Logan's probably there as they presumably couldn't get Winkleman...

As for Corden, it depends which version turns up... he's okay when he doesn't go into asskissing mode, with the OTT fake laugh at anything that's said...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How disappointing to hear that smug arrogant Corden has taken part in this year's quiz. The programme is one of the best of the year and will now be ruined by the fat unfunny Corden. The only remaining question is how badly? Enough to force us all to switch off?

Looks like someone's still deeply upset that Smithy and Nessa didn't end up together :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's threads like these that put DS sometimes in a bad light, it makes me wonder if some posters here like anything shown on TV. And not only that but when they hate something they exaggerate so much even when he goes on an interview and is himself he is always "sooo up himself and so OBVIOUSLY acting". Cordon is absolutely fine sometimes he is funny, sometimes he is not and the funniest thing is likely everyone here will probably watch just to say they hate it. TBFQOTY has declined a little IMO recently but this one looks promising Cordon and Whitehall are a pretty good team up on a League of Their Own.
  • Options
    bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised the fat P.O.S hasn't keeled over from a heart attack yet. We can only wish.
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel.... Thank the lord that Tim Lovejoy is not on it eh?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,588
    Forum Member
    bridgerr wrote: »
    I'm surprised the fat P.O.S hasn't keeled over from a heart attack yet. We can only wish.

What a nasty thing to say !
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the interesting things about alot of these panel shows with comedians on, is watching them all trying to compete with one another lol
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is disappointing, didn't know he was going to be on it, I'll knock it of my planner now then, can't watch anything with him in it.
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    That is disappointing, didn't know he was going to be on it, I'll knock it of my planner now then, can't watch anything with him in it.

I think that is a reasonable conclusion to be honest - who wants to be wound up by the tubby ignorant prat ruining one of the best programmes on TV? :mad:
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like him on A League Of Their Own, but I can't stand those 'looks to camera' that he keeps doing. Or the actions he does when he tells one of his jokes - the imaginary hand grenade throwing etc
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,058
    Forum Member
    How disappointing to hear that smug arrogant Corden has taken part in this year's quiz. The programme is one of the best of the year and will now be ruined by the fat unfunny Corden. The only remaining question is how badly? Enough to force us all to switch off?

He's extremely popular so we won't 'all' be switching off at all.
  • Options
    RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I like Corden, don't mind Ross and Whitehall but I find Howard unbearable. Each to their own eh?
  • Options
    LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel
    Who do you like?
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,319
    Forum Member
    I like him. I'm not too keen on Richard Ayoade but Noel Fielding isn't on it so maybe he'll be bearable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Why do people think James Corden is up himself?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,588
    Forum Member
    Why do people think James Corden is up himself?

Because he has done really well for himself most likely :rolleyes:

I think his brilliant and very talented.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just thankful Millican isn't involved, others here should be.
  • Options
    Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have an issue with any of the people on the show. I will admit to being disappointed that Noel Fielding isn't on it but I do have a soft spot for Richard Ayoade so I am happy.:)
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    Hazel
    Who do you like?

Indeed - what would be your, or other posters, ideal line ups?
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It needs Sean Lock back. I'd watch for his reviews of the plays by the Mitchelbrook kids alone.