Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    321 was a hit with the core ITV demographic because, although completely stumped by it, they felt good about themselves when watching it, as if vicariously sitting a Mensa test or completing The Times crossword.

I guess Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle perform a similar job for the demographic who would like to say they watch Question Time but would feel a bit out of their depth if they tried it.

Ah yes, Question Time, the height of political interrogation and depth. In the Jeremy Kyle bin as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voiceover for Dancing on Ice... "Skating starts, next Sunday, 6:15 on ITV." - meaning that the rebrand will be before next Sunday.

Edit - contrary to that is this: http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post854794#post-854794
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    How about we compromise and say B-list?

B minus?

How come we talk about A-list celebrities and C-list celebrities but not B-list celebrities? Is it like the trains in the 1930s when they had 1st class and 3rd class but not 2nd class?

:p

and then it goes from c to z, what about all the letters in between, I reckon Kimberly Walsh is a solid L-list sleb.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the Doi trailer, in amongst the sofa adverts : not content with ripping off Strictly for the format, they're now ripping off the classy style of trails... :rolleyes:

It's still Asda to the BBC's Sainsburys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen the Doi trailer, in amongst the sofa adverts : not content with ripping off Strictly for the format, they're now ripping off the classy style of trails... :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/britains-got-talent/9264294/Britains-Got-Talent-final-thrashes-The-Voice-in-ratings-war.html

How come you guys poached the producers of Doi to head up Strictly, Robbie? Were they friends, or were you after some fresh ideas? ;)

ETA: I wouldn't call those trails classy.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, how dare they try and do a classy trailer to try and sell their show. Criminal. :rolleyes:

I love how you're trying to make Strictly out to be the height of class too. It's a celebrity dancing contest, and one of the highlights of its ten series run has been an overweight politician making a tit out of herself every week.

It does what it does incredibly well but don't try and make out it's something that it isn't.

Anyway, you watching ITV at this time Robbie - surely you're not a Wild At Heart fan? ;)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Voiceover for Dancing on Ice... "Skating starts, next Sunday, 6:15 on ITV." - meaning that the rebrand will be before next Sunday.

Edit - contrary to that is this: http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post854794#post-854794

I would have thought Dancing On Ice would be the perfect moment to launch the new idents to be honest; it''s the biggest event show they have on January (you can see I have little to no faith in Splash! :D)
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,650
    Forum Member
    As ITV sheds viewers this doesn't benefit the BBC in the long run. Superstars should have been beaten but reigns supreme through lack of any kinda X factor on ITV.much as I like to see it being beaten by the beeb its only a win when there is an equal fight. I am beginning to hope for ITV to command 10 million again for a good entertainment programme. The wilderness does nothing to motivate the BBC and keeps ratings panic headlines out of the media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/britains-got-talent/9264294/Britains-Got-Talent-final-thrashes-The-Voice-in-ratings-war.html

How come you guys poached the producers of Doi to head up Strictly, Robbie? Were they friends, or were you after some fresh ideas? ;)

ETA: I wouldn't call those trails classy.

A Telegraph reading ITVista?

Shouldn't you be a Mirror reader? ;)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,539
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    As ITV sheds viewers this doesn't benefit the BBC in the long run. Superstars should have been beaten but reigns supreme through lack of any kinda X factor on ITV.much as I like to see it being beaten by the beeb its only a win when there is an equal fight. I am beginning to hope for ITV to command 10 million again for a good entertainment programme. The wilderness does nothing to motivate the BBC and keeps ratings panic headlines out of the media

Won't happen until BGT I'm afraid, unless any of the other entertainment shows such as Saturday Night Takeaway or Catchphrase come out and surprise us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A Telegraph reading ITVista?

Shouldn't you be a Mirror reader? ;)

That the best you could come up with? :p

Nothing of the sort, liable to bash either of them with the same intensity. However when ITV occasionally get it right, they really do, unlike the pretencious vomit inducing BBC. Oh ok perhaps I am an ITVista :D
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC's performance seems to be mainly down to ITV's. If ITV actually gets its act together, the BBC is deserted. Actually, what does the BBC even do? :D

The stuff ITV wish it could be doing? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Yes, how dare they try and do a classy trailer to try and sell their show. Criminal. :rolleyes:

I love how you're trying to make Strictly out to be the height of class too. It's a celebrity dancing contest, and one of the highlights of its ten series run has been an overweight politician making a tit out of herself every week.

It does what it does incredibly well but don't try and make out it's something that it isn't.

Anyway, you watching ITV at this time Robbie - surely you're not a Wild At Heart fan? ;)

At my gran's...

I now realise I was wrong to call it African Heartbeat.

It's African Emmerdale...

Clearly intended for New Years Day, they obviously moved it back to today for some reason!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Won't happen until BGT I'm afraid, unless any of the other entertainment shows such as Saturday Night Takeaway or Catchphrase come out and surprise us.
    When ITV and BBC lose viewers they don't always go to each other. There are other channels that pick them up too.

Splash could yet grow into a hit and/or Dancing On Ice recapture some former glory. You never know.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Just seen that Wild at heart got 11million viewers for its first ever episode. Wow, i didnt know it had so many viewers. Why did so many people watch the first episode, was it the most plugged show for many months beforehand with a big marketing campaign? I dont understand, no other brand new drama [besides Inspector Morse spin offs] used to get remotely close to 11million in 2006.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Predictions for Wild at Heart? Never watched it, but for what it is and the fact it's the last ever episode of a show that got an official rating of 10.83m for it's first episode, I'd be expecting minimum of 6m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    The stuff ITV wish it could be doing? ;)

The Olympics? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Predictions for Wild at Heart? Never watched it, but for what it is and the fact it's the last ever episode of a show that got an official rating of 10.83m back in it's first series, I'd be expecting minimum of 6m.

In the 6's, no higher no lower.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pretty well lost with the BBCs current plans for Doctor Who, and I love the show, ever since the specials it feels like scheduling has been inconsistent how many times can the BBC continue to use of promo space to remind viewers that Doctor Who is back, be it for 5, 6 or 13 episodes this time around.

Keeping messing it around, and people will start to miss when the new series (re)starts.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Monday the 14th seems a strange date to launch it.

Saturday the 5th would be good - FA Cup 3rd round, launch of their big new LE show plus 2 other new series.

Or Sunday the 6th with the return of their big Winter LE show plus the launch of their big new period drama.

But the 14th - with part 2 of Cornwall and the 2nd part of 2-part Lewis story? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My prediction:

WAH 6.5m (8.3m official)

Ripper St 4.8m (6m official)
    Antiques R 4.7m

Countryfile 5.5m
    Animals 2.9m
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,650
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    I am pretty well lost with the BBCs current plans for Doctor Who, and I love the show, ever since the specials it feels like scheduling has been inconsistent how many times can the BBC continue to use of promo space to remind viewers that Doctor Who is back, be it for 5, 6 or 13 episodes this time around.

Keeping messing it around, and people will start to miss when the new series (re)starts.

They should have tied up amy and rory in a christmas special and launched clara on new years day and ran the whole series in january through to march or would that be to simple for viewers to understand
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK TV Ratings‏ @TVRatingsUK

Top drama of 2012: Downton 11.76m; Call the Midwife 11.41m; Sherlock 10.66m; Doctor Who 9.01m (not final); New Tricks 8.57m; Titanic 8.48m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Olympics? ;)

After this Summer ITV would definitely have loved to do The Olympics. They'll never be that big again ratings wise in this country. Pity ITV stopped doing The Olympics as I enjoyed their coverage in 1988.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My prediction:

WAH 6.5m (8.3m official)

Ripper St 4.8m (6m official)
    Antiques R 4.7m

Countryfile 5.5m
    Animals 2.9m

Not much on ITV1 timeshifts by a million these days (well, not the live programming anyway).
This discussion has been closed.