Options

Girls Aloud- The Loving Kind

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,005
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    For me their worst songs are..
    Whole Lotta History / See The Day / Beautiful Cos You Love Me / .... I'm also not a massive fan of The Show

Whole Lotta History is my favourite ballad of theirs, mainly for Nadine's live vocals on it.. The Loving Kind I like but as mentioned the chorus is a let down
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    Don't forget the bum note http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSIgojvlRLw

I do love this song but I can't listen to it anymore without thinking of the bum note lol.

I always remember that too...

Even Cheryl is like o_O
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't listened to the TLK for a while so I've popped it on again.

Did anyone go to the OOC tour? It was great seeing that song live!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I prefer Untouchable.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't listened to the TLK for a while so I've popped it on again.

Did anyone go to the OOC tour? It was great seeing that song live!

Yep, at Wembley Arena.:)
    The Loving Kind was great, you can't really see it on the DVD but there were lit up red squares above the girls that had shots from the video flashing on loop - amazing!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of those songs that no other girl group could pull off, a brilliant song and a brilliant video.

and their 20th consecutive top 10.

What? The video was horrible. It was so cheap and boring.
    A song this epic deserved to be shot on location with a narrative and not in some pokey corner of a studio.
    Didn't help that Sarah looked 50 in the video either.

I also prefer the album version of the song to the single version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`ve been listening to this song a lot lately and was just thinking it deserved a bit more success than it had

Anyone who says this is their worse single... Let me remind you of Long Hot Summer....
  • Options
    wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    This & The Promise was their peak.

Something New is dire beyond belief, they should have left it with those two & Untouchable.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i`ve been listening to this song a lot lately and was just thinking it deserved a bit more success than it had

Anyone who says this is their worse single... Let me remind you of Long Hot Summer....

I love Long Hot Summer :o
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading/hearing that Nicola hated the song and never wanted to release it. She wanted to release Rolling Back In The Rivers In Time instead.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I remember reading/hearing that Nicola hated the song and never wanted to release it. She wanted to release Rolling Back In The Rivers In Time instead.

Coming from the woman who inflicted Beat of my Drum on us, I say they made a good call not to listen to her:o
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song, reminds me a lot of Call The Shots :)

Totally. This, The Loving Kind and Biology are the only ones to have made the playlist of my iPOD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    A song this epic deserved to be shot on location with a narrative and not in some pokey corner of a studio.

Cheap?!:eek:

no no no

The girls look gorgeous and we get to see Nadine smash up the place with her heels!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched the behind the scenes video. The reason why they didn't shoot it on location may have had something to do with the fact that Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola filmed their parts first together, then Nadine and Sarah went in on a different day.

And the same thing happened on the Walk This Way shoot, Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola first, then Nadine and Sarah filmed on a different day. I watched a little film showing how they spliced the footage together.

Make of that what you will....
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love it, never stopped playing it when it first came out. I really love OOC, it sounds great this time of year. This and Love Is Pain are my faves from the album.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Yeah, apparently when she attended the Popjustice Twenty Quid Awards she nominated it for 'worst single of the year' and completely slagged it off.

Assuming she wasn't joking, I thought that was a bit disrespectful really, especially as the Pet Shop Boys helped write the song.

I never like it when artists slag off their own songs, especially something like The Loving Kind, which is a bit of a fan favourite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    One of their best singles
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls look gorgeous and we get to see Nadine smash up the place with her heels!

You can actually see Nadine cut her shin in the video as she kicks at the glass. Her shoe comes off too.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Yeah, apparently when she attended the Popjustice Twenty Quid Awards she nominated it for 'worst single of the year' and completely slagged it off.

Assuming she wasn't joking, I thought that was a bit disrespectful really, especially as the Pet Shop Boys helped write the song.

I never like it when artists slag off their own songs, especially something like The Loving Kind, which is a bit of a fan favourite.

I didn't know this. Did she say why she didn't like it?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    For me their worst songs are..
    Whole Lotta History / See The Day / Beautiful Cos You Love Me / .... I'm also not a massive fan of The Show

I agree about the three songs you mentioned. They're all dreadful and probably won't be remembered as GA's best. I liked The Show though.
    Absolutely love it, never stopped playing it when it first came out. I really love OOC, it sounds great this time of year. This and Love Is Pain are my faves from the album.

OOC is probably one of their best albums. Favourite songs from it are the singles, Love Is Pain, We Wanna Party, Revolution In The Head and Live In The Country, but all the songs are good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming from the woman who inflicted Beat of my Drum on us, I say they made a good call not to listen to her:o

and Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me:mad:
  • Options
    12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like The Loving Kind-even the chorus which has Neil Tennant stamped all over it LOL
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally i wasnt a big fan of the loving kind but it grew on me and i love the song now, and is one of my favourites.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,007
    Forum Member
    I quite like this song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »

I've heard quite a few Girls Aloud fans refer to the song as 'The Boring Kind'. The reception to the song has always been mixed.

As for Nicola, I don't think it's disrespectful. When you're in a band like Girls Aloud, there's a lot of compromising and it's impossible to be happy with 100% of your output. The Pet Shop Boys weren't particularly fond of the track themselves which is why it didn't make their album.