Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    ok i have a new one- the Sun's big smile giveaway. Truly, truly awful, you can't understand a word the girl is saying, has she got food in her mouth or is she really not able to form and articulate the words correctly??? Especially with the stupid noises in the background - she has also clearly been told to put on the accent for the song, as at the end when she speaks sounds like a different child- the song goes on way too long, it sounds like it was written in someone's lunch break as well, really what a horrid advert... this will have me reaching for mute button!!!
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its DFS sale time and it means 'And my heart goes boom, boom, boom' every ad break on Sky. With a numpty in a brown duffle coat.

Also probably not popular but I hate the Oxfam one....'I'm just a normal housewife...' I don't donate so she can go on an all expensives paid trip to see what Oxfam do. We could find out what Oxfam do, without her little trip, show us a photo!
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I am here to rant about the moody sob story charity adverts for kids in Africa/Burma ect, every time we have watched a commercial channel up pops these irritating ads, very cleverly designed to chug your granny's savings into their respective causes by the use of guilt tripping scenes.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody DFS, wish someone would shove a stick of dynamite up her arse and make her go "boom,boom,boom":mad::mad::mad:

That Ma one, that old bag's voice, want to strangle her,like nails down a chalkboard ( and she sounds a bit like Babs Windsor:o)

But nothing makes me switch the volume down quicker than any of those sob stories for charities. Let me make it clear Oxfam/NSPCC/ Save the Whatever-: you ain't havin any of my money cos I want it to spend on myself, not some waif I've never heard of in foreign climes, so f**k off!
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate still looks like Kate does she?
    So without hair dye she would look like Ron?

Bog off you annoying bellend.:mad:
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    This must have been said, but the “worst” advert must surely be the best, since it will be the most talked about, thus it has been the most successful in what it set out to do: get people interested and stir up reactions.
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Kate still looks like Kate does she?
    So without hair dye she would look like Ron?

Bog off you annoying bellend.:mad:

Oh god yes. He is so annoying. I want to scream at the TV 'she still looks the same as she dyes her hair you moron!'

That bloody Oxfam one is on again :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I seriously just see a "Go Compare" advert featuring Stephen Hawking? Seriously?

What the hell is up with that, on so many levels!
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betting adverts with the screaming idiot.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new car ad...think it's for something called the "Toledo".
    It's got a female unaccompanied solo version of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow"....truly terrible!
    I can't describe how terrible!
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer sponsors Christmas on ITV."

IT'S JANUARY FFS!! :mad:

Oh great, I just saw a SEAT advert with a twee cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop."
    PISS OFF! :mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,567
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    Did I seriously just see a "Go Compare" advert featuring Stephen Hawking? Seriously?

I said this one earlier. I had to watch it twice to make sure it was all the same ad .... and it was :eek:
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there a thread for Best Advert on here, couple of adverts i love at the moment and don't know how to search threads
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    is there a thread for Best Advert on here, couple of adverts i love at the moment and don't know how to search threads

I linked to it just a couple of days ago...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1200450
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EIwood wrote: »

I've seen it twice today! Goodness me! These Go Compare adverts just keep getting worse!:eek:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    This must have been said, but the “worst” advert must surely be the best, since it will be the most talked about, thus it has been the most successful in what it set out to do: get people interested and stir up reactions.

Not necessarily. If people are saying "this ad is so annoying I will NEVER use that product" then it creates an unwanted reaction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, another annoying advert. That stupid 188 188 advert that has "music" that sounds like a man clearing his throat while a horse neighs nearby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Just caught the 3.5 minute Cartier ad - what a ridiculous piece of self indulgent tosh. An opulent over the top promo that serves no purpose except to show off how much money they have to spend.
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok i have a new one- the Sun's big smile giveaway. Truly, truly awful, you can't understand a word the girl is saying, has she got food in her mouth or is she really not able to form and articulate the words correctly??? Especially with the stupid noises in the background - she has also clearly been told to put on the accent for the song, as at the end when she speaks sounds like a different child- the song goes on way too long, it sounds like it was written in someone's lunch break as well, really what a horrid advert... this will have me reaching for mute button!!!

Agree 100% me and my family where like :eek: what the hell was that advert!
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depends how you define 'best'. Awareness of an ad/brand/product is always important. Equally though, it's important not to irritate or annoy to the extent where potential customers choose to stick two fingers up at your company and its offerings..
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the new Virgin Airways advert was going to be for Clarkes shoes at first. Would have been much better.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I am here to rant about the moody sob story charity adverts for kids in Africa/Burma ect, every time we have watched a commercial channel up pops these irritating ads, very cleverly designed to chug your granny's savings into their respective causes by the use of guilt tripping scenes.

There's an advert for neglected donkeys on tv at the moment as I'm writing this, no doubt the majestic snow leopard and rain forest jaguar adverts are not far off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MazumaMobile :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    And now 'Barry Scott' has turned up again extolling the POWER of Cillit Bang - I refuse to buy anything with such a stupid name advertised by a usually dubbed moron....... (oh and a colleague says that it's rubbish anyway)
  • Options
    ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    And now 'Barry Scott' has turned up again extolling the POWER of Cillit Bang - I refuse to buy anything with such a stupid name advertised by a usually dubbed moron....... (oh and a colleague says that it's rubbish anyway)

You're completely missing the point. Barry Scott adverts are tongue in cheek and a total send up.
This discussion has been closed.