Options

Children running around restaurants

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you felt like sticking the chopsticks in his ear 'oles.

Oh yes

and a set in the mother... where the sun don't shine:D:D
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Worst I encountered was at a Chinese. A child was banging chopsticks on all the crockery and glasses, all through the meal. It spoilt my meal. Instead of the mother reprimanding him, she complimented him on his musical ability ffs!

Did he only know the one song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    Did he only know the one song?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what you get for going Mcdonalds

Vodka sounds more like a Burger King gal :D
  • Options
    scousesirenscousesiren Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    My 8 year old son behaves impeccably when we eat out in restaurants or anywhere in public. However, his behaviour at the dinner table at home is atrocious. He manages to ruin every family meal by acting up. His behaviour in general is very good, it's just at family meal times he's a little sod!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if they were straight, gay or whatever ... I don't want to hear it while eating my dinner on a Sunday afternoon with my kids.

Maybe directing your attention to the conversation on your own table would be better.
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children have no place in restaurants.

Its just terrible when they let the food run free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoopyDog wrote: »
    Maybe directing your attention to the conversation on your own table would be better.

Not so easy when people are that loud they are all you can hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a minefield of hateful mumsnet parents you're entering there.
    Whenever I've told parents that maybe possibly perhaps they should keep an eye on their 5-year olds rather than let them run riot in a packed football stadium, I have received the most hateful, resentful looks and remarks ever.

Of course, if the child DOES eventually get lost, that tune changes instantly into a very tearful "Please help me, I can't find my little one."

Some parents are responsible, some aren't. Not much to be done I'm afraid.

I was with a group of friends in a restaurant and there was a table full of kids with their mothers. They must have been about 4/5/6 and were running around and kept coming over to our table with their balloons....I asked the mothers to keep them away and they reacted like I had just asked them to euthanise them!! I wanted to dump my spaghetti on their heads!!

Some mothers seem to think that they have the right to impose their irritating children on everyone!
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhhhh wrote: »
    But the children are just as entitled to run around as you are to eat your meal in peace.

Thats whats wrong with the young of today - what happened to children having respect for their elders. been seen and not heard, having manners. And they are not entitled to run around and destroy people's meals afterall they don't pay.
  • Options
    MCC243MCC243 Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Children have no place in restaurants.

If Management deem it so then they have just as much right to be there as you.
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    Thats whats wrong with the young of today - what happened to children having respect for their elders. been seen and not heard, having manners. And they are not entitled to run around and destroy people's meals afterall they don't pay.

I have never actually seen a child destroy somebodys meal in a restaurant.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never actually seen a child destroy somebodys meal in a restaurant.:confused:

They are quite capable of ruining the experience though. I don't understand why some parents think their children are so marvellous that no one will mind them being imposed on them.

If I choose not to go out to eat with a child I don't expect to be bothered by someone else's,
  • Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCC243 wrote: »
    If Management deem it so then they have just as much right to be there as you.

But they don't have the right to run around like it's a playground and ruining others dining experiences.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old DS, it's like groundhog day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The child in the Chinese spoilt my meal. I could not enjoy it for banging of chopsticks on wine glasses.

If I am paying for a meal I expect that to un-interupted by other diners children. I wonder if they would like it if I ran around their table making noise.

It is just respect for other people at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The child in the Chinese spoilt my meal. I could not enjoy it for banging of chopsticks on wine glasses.

If I am paying for a meal I expect that to un-interupted by other diners children. I wonder if they would like it if I ran around their table making noise.

It is just respect for other people at the end of the day.

But the children have as much right to be there as you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They do and like people expect me to behave and consider them... I expect the same of the children. Being children does not excuse bad disruptive behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And we have as much right to enjoy our meal in peace without your (general your) children ruining the meal we are paying for. Your children have the right to be there yes, they do not have the right to ruin others experiences because of bad parenting. It is bad parenting to not control your children in public.
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    But they don't have the right to run around like it's a playground and ruining others dining experiences.

I love it on DS how anything from putting the bins out, to catching a flight somewhere is grandly described as an "experience", often cited as being a ruined one when the kiddies show up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it on DS how anything from putting the bins out, to catching a flight somewhere is grandly described as an "experience", often cited as being a ruined one when the kiddies show up. :D

I like children but I don't work hard to be able to afford to go out to eat to listen to screaming brats running around and ruining my hard paid for "experience". It's not cheap to eat out these days what is so difficult about asking your children to sit down and eat their meal or else get an adult to take them outside to let off steam as we do in our family?
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye, they even have their supermarket 'experience' ruined by pesky children. We should all sew up our vaginas and let them enjoy their experiences childfree, the grumpy bastards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hilarious isnt it, its hard to believe some of these posters were actually kids themselves at one time.:D

Oh wait, but I bet they all say they were well behaved.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, they even have their supermarket 'experience' ruined by pesky children. We should all sew up our vaginas and let them enjoy their experiences childfree, the grumpy bastards.

Theres nothing "grumpy" about it. I wouldn't shout loudly, run around etc and ruin your meal. So don't let your children ruin mine. I couldn't care less what they do in a supermarket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why can a child just not behave in public and the parents intervene when they start misbehaving?

Nothing more pleasant than a well mannered, well behaved child though. They are a delight.