Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Patsy Kensit saying shes got her confidence back by losing 6oz :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    Professor Stephen Hawking in the latest Go Compare advert...words fail me.

It actually made me laugh but I did wonder how much they must be paying out for the celebs and prime time advertising.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    Did I seriously just see a "Go Compare" advert featuring Stephen Hawking? Seriously?

What the hell is up with that, on so many levels!

Ironic isn't it, an advert that acknowledges the sheer teeth-grinding awfulness of the fat opera singer in their previous adverts, and posits a scenario whereby the best thing Stephen Hawking can think of to do with a 'tame' Black Hole is to suck the fat opera singer into it (oo-err!), ends up being even more cringe-inducingly awful. Same goes for the Louis Spence variants of the same.

Not sure if it's on right now, but there was one ad for a fancy pregnancy test kit that marketed it like it was the latest "must have" high-tech gadget for the home, all fancy graphics, ice-blue lighting and sweeping pack shots. Absurd!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun giveaway advert with the little girl singing about how January is a depressing month :mad:

Just seen it, awful.

Guess it is a cue to go to bed!
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »

Yep sat there thinking '''and at what point did you get soooo fat you actually sneaked past the paps with said weight gain to a weight watchers local meeting, sneaked in and out till said weight gain had gone ''' plezzzzzzzzzzz ....

It was not until you went to the DM for attention seeking publicity for the WW ad launch that anyone cared for your weight lost which you blamed on 4 marriages of indulgence.

Oh! and we all know that angst of putting on 'slutty fat' due to two relationships not meaning anything to you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247618/Patsy-Kensit-control--feel-30-again.html

Weight watchers what a great role model you have got there...not a case of 'who ate all the pies' but 'who just signed the tart'...
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In some countries adverts can last 30 minutes or more and the shorter ones come on time after time after time :eek:
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,758
    Forum Member
    twimp2 wrote: »
    The Confused.Com one is okay for me, but if you look in the background, one of the animals is biting at one of the other male character's belt.. upon first glance it looks like a bite to the crotch.

The Nisa advert.. man goes in to get shopping.. goes back out.. suddenly there's a dog playing a guitar standing in front of him! What the heck does a dog playing a guitar have to do with shopping?

The Confused.com ones are just getting worse and worse, there is now a wheelchair bound farmhand in it, and what is with the big bald black bloke? weird, just weird....

The Nisa one, I think it is supposed to be the man goes in for dog food, but spends so long buying up all the bargains that his dog has taken to busking for food!, (would have liked it if the Ad. had finished with the man finding he had forgotten the dog food and had to go back in. ;)
    The Sun giveaway advert with the little girl singing about how January is a depressing month :mad:

That Ad. is just wrong on so many levels :mad:
    LaineyT wrote: »

She looks about 10 years older!. :D
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    In some countries adverts can last 30 minutes or more and the shorter ones come on time after time after time :eek:

I was shocked when I first heard that from someone in Spain that said they were watching a film and then there was a 20 minute ad break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    CM wrote: »

The trailers on CBS are a bit like that. I am sick to death of the adverts for Taxi and Cheers that are repeated in every ad break
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Regrettably, I just overheard an advert for some charity saying “For an innocent child to die in this day and age is just not right”. Yes, because obviously all child deaths before the 21st century were quite OK.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've now seen the Stephen Hawking Go Compare ad. Amusing at first, yes but like the rest of the celeb cameos, the novelty will wear off quickly. As someone else said, I'm beginning to wonder how big their marketing budget is!
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this horrendous advert that may or may not still be running, advertising the Clear Blue pregnancy test. The woman in the advert boasts all of these qualities, and at the end of the advert says "the answer it cannot give you...is if it's a boy or a girl", but the way she says it is almost like it's a selling point. It's really quite terrible.

As for the Go Compare adverts. I like them when they involve people actually known to the public, not someone who played Martin Platt in Coronation Street 7 years ago. Stephen Hawking amused me, I didn't find it cringe-y.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT have finally got a new ad and it's no surprise that he has been single for a while and her from Outnumbered as his mother :yawn:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Confused.com ones are just getting worse and worse, there is now a wheelchair bound farmhand in it

I was thinking of the Go Compare adverts when reading this and was about to joke that you were being very dismissive of Stephen Hawking!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Just seen it. Nauseating isn't it? :mad:
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,758
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    BT have finally got a new ad and it's no surprise that he has been single for a while and her from Outnumbered as his mother :yawn:
    are we talking about the ginger one? not seen it yet :o
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I was thinking of the Go Compare adverts when reading this and was about to joke that you were being very dismissive of Stephen Hawking!

as if:eek: no it is a boy in a wheelchair dressed as a farmland, they now have a totally inclusive ad, fat people,thin people,girls with big t &a, boys with massive lunchbox, old people,young people, black white and yellow people, dogs,cats, disabled, the lot.
    even people who are suing their hairdressers (yes Cora I'm looking at you):D
  • Options
    Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Not keen on the new Compare the Market ad, I want Aleksandr and Sergei back!

Do you remember that ad from a few years ago for one of those bathroom air fresheners where the kid says 'I'm going to do a poo at Paul's!' :eek: What was that about?
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This one is awful. I cant understand a word she is saying, not that I want to.
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    YOU'RE BEAUTIF..(speed mutes)

AT SECRET ESC..(speed mutes)

:rolleyes:

There's a new advert were a woman starts singing, don't know what it's about but it became unbearable after 1 1/2 seconds (speed mutes). I've become sloppy, heard 3 full seconds of it today before hitting mute.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    e-harmony..can't even be bothered to dub in an Brit accent...
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    Not keen on the new Compare the Market ad, I want Aleksandr and Sergei back!

Do you remember that ad from a few years ago for one of those bathroom air fresheners where the kid says 'I'm going to do a poo at Paul's!' :eek: What was that about?

Paul sued them in the end for all the toilet blockages from everyone pooing round his house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are we talking about the ginger one? not seen it yet :o

Yes it's him, it is so funny I almost wet myself laughing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky one the the bloke plonka 'avin some ov that!'

Seriously, Chav celebration :mad: