Options

What IS the matter with Tom Daley?

Comments

• Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    I think some people should have a look at all the achievements Tom has achieved. He does tons! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Daley

Anyway why should it bother people what Tom does? He's young, having fun, but also working harder than the majority of people. He doesn't do drugs, never pictured drunk, excellent role model for kids - what is the problem?

Please stop being sensible immediately. His achievements are irrelevant. Only 12 competition firsts in 2012. Clearly a complete and utter failure. I am sure that the OP has been so much more successful in life. ;)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not the poster you're asking, but from what I've seen of them they don't come across as vain and desperate in the way Tom Daley is. They also don't seem to do daft things like slag off an entire city on Twitter and then delete their comments.

I think it's even more shocking Daley attacks Cardiff considering their branch of John Lewis had a massive poster of him hanging outside during the games :mad:

I thought he'd have loved admiring himself on a huge poster...
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    He's an 18 year old lad. I have an 18 year old son. At that age they are not blessed with a huge amount of common sense (my son is doing a maths degree but had to ask me how to use to hot water bottle) but they do want to have fun!
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I can clearly see that it is pointless debating with you so I will just say that if you had a body like Toms you would want to take your clothes off as well.

END OFF.

Not everyone is an attention seeker like Tom though are they, he is a nice kid but he is going the wrong way his latest show is all about me and my body.

Look at our other Olympic winners they're nothing like him.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I had a look through this thread and couldn't see anyone 'sneering at an Olympic bronze.'

You certainly did not look hard enough.

"If only he'd spent more time training and less Twittering, he might have ended up with a gold medal instead of a bronze ..."

"All he's done is a mediocre attempt at winning anything more than bronze in order to cash in as a Z-lister"

Please....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, for Tom, he started to believe what everyone was telling him "you're a great diver" far too early in life.

His mediocre Olympic showing shows he doesn't have the dedication to become a future Olympic champion.

Tom, if you are reading this, make hay now because by the time Rio comes round you'll have over exposed yourself so much you'll be even more average than you were this year.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Please stop being sensible immediately. His achievements are irrelevant. Only 12 competition firsts in 2012. Clearly a complete and utter failure. I am sure that the OP has been so much more successful in life. ;)

Only 12?!? What a slacker! *Must work harder*. ;):D
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Not everyone is an attention seeker like Tom though are they, he is a nice kid but he is going the wrong way his latest show is all about me and my body.

Look at our other Olympic winners they're nothing like him.

How do you know what Tom's new show is like it hasn't even aired yet. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, for Tom, he started to believe what everyone was telling him "you're a great diver" far too early in life.

His mediocre Olympic showing shows he doesn't have the dedication to become a future Olympic champion.

Tom, if you are reading this, make hay now because by the time Rio comes round you'll have over exposed yourself so much you'll be even more average than you were this year.

He is a great diver and think your post is just plain nasty
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

I thought he was an Olympic champion.

And if I needed even more examples...
  • Options
    AndyTSJAndyTSJ Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? He doesn't do drugs; he has no drink problem; he is not abusive; and he had a wondefful father; he has a loving family supporting him and he has many British people admiring him,

Is it Tom you hate or his wealth?

Sounds like bitterness and envy to me.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, there's encouragement :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There were 32 men in the first round of the men's 10m platform dive at the Olympics.

18 of them qualified for the semifinal.

12 of those made the final.

3 won medals.

To describe any of those three as mediocre suggests you need to read a dictionary rather more urgently than Tom needs to read your post.
  • Options
    rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    So would you say the same for Jess Ennis, Ellie Simmonds, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farrah for example who have all be featuring quite heavily on tv and in the media making the most of these opportunities? Or is your contempt reserved purely for Mr Daley?

You're right, they have been featured in the media and have done a couple of chat shows etc. But Daly is wanting to be papped at any given opportunity. Never seen any of the above clinging onto z-listers/TOWIE lot going in and out of clubs etc. Nor have I seen the above taking pics of themselves/their abs on their iPhones and uploading on twitter for the world to see practically EVERY DAY.

I get the kid has a good body but for the love of Christ, we don't need to be seeing it all the blinking time even if he thinks we do.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the kid has a good body but for the love of Christ, we don't need to be seeing it all the blinking time even if he thinks we do.

Speak for yourself :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Role model? All he's done is a mediocre attempt at winning anything more than bronze in order to cash in as a Z-lister to attending anything that'll have him, even fridge openings :rolleyes:

He's going to take a huge fall in popularity before too long

OH FFS! go and get an idea about how much work and training it takes to be good enough to get a bronze medal in the Olympics and THEN come and tell us how that's an easy route to z-list fame :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie Simmonds is flaunting herself so much I've never heard of her!

Jessica Ennis & Mo Farrah have done chat shows & magazine interviews, hardly what I'd call selling out. Neither seem to be holding out for a showbiz career.

Greg Rutherford. Same as the two above. Speaks often about what his sporting aims are and long jump is what he wants to succeed in. He has done charity stuff too.

Tom Daley. Chat shows, personal appearances, Cheryl Cole associations, how many girlfriends, reality TV, calendars etc. etc. What was he actually famous for again?

The fact you don't know who Ellie Simmonds is says a lot about you - and non of it good.

Mo Farah did some well publised reality style TV over Christmas

The central premise of your argument above seems to be having girlfriends, flirting on Twitter and a calendar makes Tom evil incarnate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »

The central premise of your argument above seems to be having girlfriends, flirting on Twitter and a calendar makes Tom evil incarnate

Er no GerriP, but ever heard of the word 'moderation', because I think Tom Daley hasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    OH FFS! go and get an idea about how much work and training it takes to be good enough to get a bronze medal in the Olympics and THEN come and tell us how that's an easy route to z-list fame :rolleyes:

I guess hanging about with the cast of TOWIE and Twittering about how awful places are is much easier than all that boring training, aren't they?

Weren't we all told Tom Daley was capable of so much at the Olympics, then look at what happened. Now look at what we get. He really needs to take a look at this summer and his current over-exposure and behaviour and ask if people really are going to carry on supporting him for his sport as he spreads himself thinly
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess hanging about with the cast of TOWIE and Twittering about how awful places are is much easier than all that boring training, aren't they?

Weren't we all told Tom Daley was capable of so much at the Olympics, then look at what happened. Now look at what we get. He really needs to take a look at this summer and his current over-exposure and behaviour and ask if people really are going to carry on supporting him for his sport as he spreads himself thinly

What have you done in your life that's anywhere near the standard to Tom Daley's achievements then?

And what does it matter what you or any of us think, it's his life. If you don't like him, don't listen to stuff about him - simple as!
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    The guy sends my gaydar meter off the charts every time i hear his voice

Agreed, and I pride myself on having very good gaydar abilities. 'Splash' is actually the name of a well known gay club in NY (http://newyork.gaycities.com/bars/399-splash), so it's quite a fitting title for Tom's show.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Er no GerriP, but ever heard of the word 'moderation', because I think Tom Daley hasn't.

Yeah, all those pics of him falling out of pubs and clubs drunk as a skunk while swearing at people before urinating in the street and then throwing up in the back of a taxi. He should be ashamed of himself indeed. :rolleyes:

Seriously you need to get a sense of perspective. Yours is almost as skewed as the OP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He got an effing Bronze medal!!!! Or are you suggesting that at the Olympics only gold is acceptable?!?

As for your first comment... Yes that's easier, so he could just be doing that and sack off the diving if that's what he wants - he clearly isn't so your point is moot :rolleyes:
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    The abusive posters towards Tom are probably the same ones who abused him on twitter if they had anything going for them they wouldn't be so abusive.

Don't worry Tom you do have true fans who will support you all the way! Here's to Rio.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80s fan
    Just so you are aware of Ellie Simmons achievements ... This year she won 2 GOLD medals 1 silver and a bronze ... swimming in the Paralympics ... How you haven't heard of her is astounding.. She was one of the "faces" of the Olympics