Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 51)

Comments

• Options
    Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone:)

i bet that igloo has melted
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning JoJo.:))))))))))))

That CBB one sure looks cosy, i can see there being a big call for them around the world.:DDDDDDD

Yes - could be more popular than the hot tub!
    Janet29 wrote: »

:D
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Morning Joni and all! :D

Morning chin :D
    Good Mornering Everyone.:)[highlight])(((((( {o-^-o} ))))))[/highlight]

I watched the start of the video, it explains why she wanted to change, nothing to do with an illness, it was what she was being told was wrong with her, right or wrong she put it right.
    She is far better looking that she was when she started, half of the before pics they show us are before the last 10 changes, not as she was from the start.

Morning Flora.:)))))))))))

Morning Arte.:)))))))))

Morning minkski.:)))))))))))

Morning SR.:))))))))))))

In that video where she gives an interview she is perfectly normal, had her illness suddenly gone?

Lea just wanted to have surgery, like millions of woman, are they all mental because they want to look better?

The only ones that say they regret it are the ones that it doesn't work or gives them problems.

Morning Hicky :D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I had no idea you were such a teckie - but next time, I shall ask!

Morning all - suggest we stay clear of the igloo for a while:cool:

Bit grey this morning, but no rain so that's a bonus.

Morning JoJo :D

Morning Janet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning chin :D

Morning Hicky :D

Morning JoJo :D

Morning Janet :D
    Good morning Flora :D

suns gone in :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning Flora :D

suns gone in :mad:

Suns disappeared here as well and we have lots of mist now but at least its not raining :D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone. :)
    Good Mornering Everyone.:)[highlight])(((((( {o-^-o} ))))))[/highlight]

I watched the start of the video, it explains why she wanted to change, nothing to do with an illness, it was what she was being told was wrong with her, right or wrong she put it right..
    Then you should have watched the full thing. :rolleyes:

Regardless of if she has been diagnosed with a dysmorphic disorder or not it is clear that she was exploited, and is deeply unhappy with the surgery.
    How is this ok?
    She is far better looking that she was when she started, half of the before pics they show us are before the last 10 changes, not as she was from the start..
    Plenty of pics and videos exist from before she had any surgery at all, and "looking better" hardly justifies the misery and pain does it?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but most people think that she looked nicer before because she was natural. There isnt a big change because very little needed to change, she was already beautiful. Now she is somewhat disabled by the surgery.

In that video where she gives an interview she is perfectly normal, had her illness suddenly gone?
    :eek:
    The video where she says how miserable she is about it? The one where she explains how they lost their home because of it and had to move in with in laws? The one where she says she was addicted to plastic surgery?
    Yep, dead normal. Woo hoo lets all get it.:rolleyes:
    Lea just wanted to have surgery, like millions of woman, are they all mental because they want to look better?
    We dont use phrases like "mental" any more because they stigmatise people and stop them seeking and receiving treatment, but yes, Lea has actually been diagnosed and treated for body dysmorphic disorder syndrome and is very open about her condition.
    She has suffered dreadfully too.

This isnt the same thing as having a crooked nose straightened, a glamour model going up a couple of cup sizes or even someone wearing make up, it is a deeply distressing and debilitating illness.
    The only ones that say they regret it are the ones that it doesn't work or gives them problems.
    All surgery carries risk and can cause problems and everyone should be made aware of the dangers.

If you research BDD, self harm, and addiction in relation to surgery you will find that mental health issues persist regardless of the outcome of the surgery.

It is not just those who had problems that are unhappy, far from it.
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everybody.

I can't find the post I wanted to quote but Hicky, Leah has SEVERE BDD, she's even had a book out about it and how hard it is to cope with. So NO she didn't "just want surgery".

I can understand if you don't fully understand something, but you've been provided with various links and various information from lots of us here on the condition(s).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon Honey and Elfy :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone. :)

Then you should have watched the full thing. :rolleyes:

Regardless of if she has been diagnosed with a dysmorphic disorder or not it is clear that she was exploited, and is deeply unhappy with the surgery.
    How is this ok?

Plenty of pics and videos exist from before she had any surgery at all, and "looking better" hardly justifies the misery and pain does it?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but most people think that she looked nicer before because she was natural. There isnt a big change because very little needed to change, she was already beautiful. Now she is somewhat disabled by the surgery.

:eek:
    The video where she says how miserable she is about it? The one where she explains how they lost their home because of it and had to move in with in laws? The one where she says she was addicted to plastic surgery?
    Yep, dead normal. Woo hoo lets all get it.:rolleyes:

We dont use phrases like "mental" any more because they stigmatise people and stop them seeking and receiving treatment, but yes, Lea has actually been diagnosed and treated for body dysmorphic disorder syndrome and is very open about her condition.
    She has suffered dreadfully too.

This isnt the same thing as having a crooked nose straightened, a glamour model going up a couple of cup sizes or even someone wearing make up, it is a deeply distressing and debilitating illness.

All surgery carries risk and can cause problems and everyone should be made aware of the dangers.

If you research BDD, self harm, and addiction in relation to surgery you will find that mental health issues persist regardless of the outcome of the surgery.

It is not just those who had problems that are unhappy, far from it.
    How was she exploited, she wanted them to do it and she had the money, you can't blame somebody in business for that.

To look better was why she did it, the people that told her she needed surgery weren't the ones that did the surgery it was the people in the media industry.

She didn't start out with any disorder so how did this diagnosis suddenly appear?
    After she had got it all.
    She now looks how she wanted to look, so whats the problem.

I don't know about Lea, but she only complains when it doesn't work out.

TheElf wrote: »
    Afternoon everybody.

I can't find the post I wanted to quote but Hicky, Leah has SEVERE BDD, she's even had a book out about it and how hard it is to cope with. So NO she didn't "just want surgery".

I can understand if you don't fully understand something, but you've been provided with various links and various information from lots of us here on the condition(s).
    Lea must have done what she did because she wanted to look better all round.
    Then when it doesn't work she blames someone or something.
    They never had any strange condition before they started did they.
    It's not self harming in my book because it was supposed to improve, self harming doesn't make things better than they were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just installed windows 8 Hicky....i like it better than 7 plus it will now update :D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hello all :D

I think all the female celebs look so much more attractive without wearing all that makeup they entered the house with.
  • Options
    mumofmitzymumofmitzy Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just installed windows 8 Hicky....i like it better than 7 plus it will now update :D
    Hi Janet.:))))))))))
    What did you have before?
    I should think its a lot better, they don't spend billions designing it for nothing.
    Mootle wrote: »

I think all the female celebs look so much more attractive without wearing all that makeup they entered the house with.
    Hi Moots:))))))))))
    They only wear the makeup to please themselves, it's like wearing bright clothes or choosing something drab.
    mumofmitzy wrote: »
    Hello everyone x
    Hi mumofmitzy.:)))))))))

Thats a mouthful.:D

Welcome to the madhouse, and how are you enjoying CBB this time round?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today in the CBB house from this morning till now.
    For those of us without Live Feed.
    It seems everyone has it but the fans.
    Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

4.32pm: Stop the presses! Heidi has found a giant crisp. Her husband suggests using it as a surfboard. #CBB
    Expand

24m Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

4.16pm: Tricia's bobble hat is all kinds of adorable. #CBB pic.twitter.com/NgWN84QK
    View photo
    34m Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

4.05pm: The HMs are reminding us today's the day to take down our decorations with a shrill version of the song '12 Days of Christmas'. #CBB
    Expand
    49m Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

3.51pm: More on that Steps perfume. Claire reveals it's called 'Guilty Pleasure'. #CBB
    Expand
    1h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

3.34pm: Heidi reckons Lacey could be an actor in America. She said the same about Razor earlier. Is she recruiting for a show? #CBB
    Expand

3.18pm: Paula is next to be called to the chair of doom. Meanwhile Heidi's describing the security arrangements at the Playboy Mansion. #CBB
    Expand

3:02pm: Lacey is in the Diary Room giving Big Brother her nominations. Which two people do you think she'll choose? #cbb
    Expand

2.52pm: The cosy vibe in the garden would make a fluffy cushion feel inadequate. The HMs are bonding with sincere anecdotes. #CBB
    Expand

2.41pm: Sam is explaining that he finds talent attractive. Wonder what he thinks of Lacey's talents. #CBB
    Expand
    2h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

2.27pm: Lacey, Rylan, Sam and Ryan are outside talking about the evolutionary advantages of a large dong. Scientific and saucy. #CBB
    Expand

2.11pm: Heidi thinks that Ryan is "one of the nicest people in the world". What a lavish compliment. #CBB
    Expand

1.59pm: Rylan is he latest to solicit Ryan's personal training skills. He's asking the Aussie to drag him into the gym tomorrow. #CBB
    Expand

1.44pm: A stressed Gillian has headed straight from the Diary Room to the fridge. Could say something psychological. *strokes beard* #CBB
    Expand
    3h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

1.30pm: Gillian's in the Diary Room. The way she's staring at her hands suggests she doesn't feel good about #CBBnomday. #CBB
    Expand

1.15pm: Thoughts are on wrap party outfits. Spencer's planning on a Razor footie shirt. Reckons it'll get him in magazines. Doubtless. #CBB
    Expand

1.02pm: Sausages are so over. BB just announced that nominations will start in 5 minutes. Eek. #CBB
    Expand

1.01pm: For everyone wondering how many sausages Spencer's eaten today: 6. It's only 1pm as well. Will he squeeze in more bangers? #CBB
    Expand

12.47pm: Now Frankie, Paula and Speidi are having a terribly civilised conversation about wine. It's like listening to Radio 4. #CBB
    Expand
    4h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

12.34pm: Razor's educating the House. The 'HP' of HP Sauce is short for House of Parliament. Stan Collymore told him that. #CBB #Razorfacts
    Expand

12.19pm: Ryan is taking on the thankless task of being Lacey's personal trainer. She's complaining good-naturedly but constantly. #CBB
    Expand

12.08pm: The gym is full of energetic celebrities. Tricia squeals as she discovers she's burned 462 calories on the treadmill. #CBB
    Expand

11.52am: #Speidi are having their second breakfast of the day. What is this madness? Are they hobbits? #CBB
    Expand
    5h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

11.35am: 'Wouldn't it be lovely' complete with a fake cockney accent is being sung. Wouldn't it be lovely if it wasn't. #CBB
    Expand

11.22am: Thanks to different HM waking times, breakfast is in a constant state of getting made. Razor's beans currently happening. #CBB
    Expand

11.12am: It's #CBBnomday which means HMs' minds are turning towards the matter of who will win. Got anye arly favourites? #CBB
    Expand

10.54am: #Razan are in the garden debating whether to call a crow 'Cheryl' or 'Russell'. What would you go for? #CBB
    Expand

10.47am: Frankie's been called to the Diary Room. It's on, so very on. #CBB #CBBnomday
    Expand
    6h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

10.31am: BB is saying good morning via the medium of telling the HMs that today is #nomday. Milk with that? #CBB
    Expand

10.24am: Rylan thinks BB had fiddled with the clocks to make is seem earlier than it is. Nice imagination but you're wrong. #CBB
    Expand

10.13am: Everyone's up now, sleepily padding around. BB had to call Rylan to the Diary Room to get him out of bed. #CBB
    Expand

9.57am: The HMs are debriefing on the force of nature that is Razor's snoring. "You sound like a cow," says an awestruck Tricia. #CBB
    Expand

9.48am: Conversation has moved onto footie and the still sleeping Razor. "I don't think they're guys like him any more." says Spencer. #CBB
    Expand
    7h Big Brother Live Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive

9.35am: Nothing helps digestion like an amazing story. Frankie's telling Spencer about his near-death experience in a plane crash. #CBB
    Expand

9.29am: Frankie made a hot breakfast for Speidi and Ryan. Spencer is purring over how good it was. Soon he may nuzzle Frankie. #CBB
    Expand

9.24am: Heidi loves tomato ketchup. She could eat it all the time. You heard it here. #CBB
    Expand

8.48am: Frankie and Speidi are in the kitchen discussing breakfast for their fellow housemates whilst they all snooze #CBB
    Expand
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Betting Odds (Bet365)
    06/01/13

1) Frankie Dettori - 11/2
    2) Rylan Clark - 11/8
    3) Paula Hamilton - 50/1
    4) Tricia Penrose - 20/1
    5) Ryan Moloney - 9/2
    6) Gillian Taylforth - 10/1
    7) Sam Robertson - 25/1
    8) Lacey Banghard - 45/1
    9) Claire Richards - 10/1
    10)Razor Ruddock - 15/2
    11) Heidi Montag - 66/1
    12) & Spencer Pratt - as Heidi
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mumofmitzy wrote: »
    Hello everyone x
    Hello :)
    Hi Janet.
    What did you have before?
    I should think its a lot better, they don't spend billions designing it for nothing.

Hi Moots
    They only wear the makeup to please themselves, it's like wearing bright clothes or choosing something drab.

Hi mumofmitzy.

Thats a mouthful.

Welcome to the madhouse, and how are you enjoying CBB this time round?

i had 7 before but had probs getting the updates...ive not liked the last two i hated Vista. Im liking the picture gallery to :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget, for those interested.
    Show 1 of 10

Dancing on Ice starts on ITV1 @ 6.15 till 7.45.
    The Skate Off starts @ 8.30 till 9.00
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Evening Everybody :)

By the time we got to the start of the trail, it was sleeting, so I stayed in the car, took the money, and sat and read until they got back, I didn't even do the walk as I would have been drenched, I am not that dedicated.
    At Tasso and Olga's, we cut the Vassilopita (the New year cake) and our friend Simon got the lucky coin. There was plenty of good food including Borscht which is Olga's speciality as she is from the Ukraine and we toasted the New Year with Ukranian champagne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello :)

i had 7 before but had probs getting the updates...ive not liked the last two i hated Vista. Im liking the picture gallery to :D
    Vista was a disaster for my O/H, never had it myself but we swapped her to Win7.

Win8 is probably best with the new Laptops and the touch screen.

They use big versions of those on the TV, fab.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betting Odds (Bet365)
    06/01/13

1) Frankie Dettori - 11/2
    2) Rylan Clark - 11/8
    3) Paula Hamilton - 50/1
    4) Tricia Penrose - 20/1
    5) Ryan Moloney - 9/2
    6) Gillian Taylforth - 10/1
    7) Sam Robertson - 25/1
    8) Lacey Banghard - 45/1
    9) Claire Richards - 10/1
    10)Razor Ruddock - 15/2
    11) Heidi Montag - 66/1
    12) & Spencer Pratt - as Heidi

im not hating spencer as much as i thought i would...i wouldnt have emptied the drain either last night...we need someone who stirs it up to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »

By the time we got to the start of the trail, it was sleeting, so I stayed in the car, took the money, and sat and read until they got back, I didn't even do the walk as I would have been drenched, I am not that dedicated.
    At Tasso and Olga's, we cut the Vassilopita (the New year cake) and our friend Simon got the lucky coin. There was plenty of good food including Borscht which is Olga's speciality as she is from the Ukraine and we toasted the New Year with Ukranian champagne.
    Evening Arte.:))))))))

You always seem to get well fed when you go out.

No wonder you never stay in.:DDDDDDDDDDD

I wouldn't either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vista was a disaster for my O/H, never had it myself but we swapped her to Win7.

Win8 is probably best with the new Laptops and the touch screen.

They use big versions of those on the TV, fab.

there was a large touchscreen on one of the shopping channels yesterday looked good value to but i already have a decent lappy and a small ipad so dont need another....yet :D

i think it was hard for me to get on with vista as i loved XP and it seemed complicated after that....plus a lot of software wasnt ready for vista...i play a game online and i couldnt download it for months as my lappy wasnt compatible and they hadnt ironed out the probs....so no i wasnt a happy bunny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »

i used to love Birthday cakes when they used to put coins in....i reckon health and satety have put a stop to that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im not hating spencer as much as i thought i would...i wouldnt have emptied the drain either last night...we need someone who stirs it up to
    I'm liking Heidi, Spencer just seems to be the leader of the pair, he seems anti humans.

I wouldn't have cleaned the drains either, Ryan trying to be the god guy.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How was she exploited, she wanted them to do it and she had the money, you can't blame somebody in business for that.

To look better was why she did it, the people that told her she needed surgery weren't the ones that did the surgery it was the people in the media industry.

She didn't start out with any disorder so how did this diagnosis suddenly appear?
    After she had got it all.

She now looks how she wanted to look, so whats the problem.

I don't know about Lea, but she only complains when it doesn't work out.

Lea must have done what she did because she wanted to look better all round.
    Then when it doesn't work she blames someone or something.
    They never had any strange condition before they started did they.
    It's not self harming in my book because it was supposed to improve, self harming doesn't make things better than they were.
    Like all illnesses they can suddenly appear. :rolleyes:

That doesn't make you right, & you're far too quick to dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you......including experts. :rolleyes:
    Mootle wrote: »

I dunno so much, some of them look real horrors 1st thing in the morning. :eek:

there was a large touchscreen on one of the shopping channels yesterday looked good value to but i already have a decent lappy and a small ipad so dont need another....yet :D

i think it was hard for me to get on with vista as i loved XP and it seemed complicated after that....plus a lot of software wasnt ready for vista...i play a game online and i couldnt download it for months as my lappy wasnt compatible and they hadnt ironed out the probs....so no i wasnt a happy bunny
    I loved XP & wasn't too keen on Vista when I 1st got it, however I did get to like it. I daresay I'll get to like WD's 8 too.....eventually. :D
This discussion has been closed.