Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 11)

1121122123124125127»

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    :eek:..I don't even know what to say to that :o

I'm not too keen on Alex taking too many holidays, she had about six or five last year...:o But I do think she's being very quiet and reserved about details of recording and being in the studio, usually Rico would have tweeted something too about them being in the studio but he didn't...which is strange. He commented on her instagram picture rather than tweeting her directly...

You might be on to something there. I just assumed that it was an unplanned meet and he was just telling her to come to the studio to catch up because she replyed 'bbm me the address'...I don't know.

But I will be very mad if she takes loads of holidays again like she did last year....She seemed to spend more time on holiday than she did promote her album and singles...but I think that was more down to her crappy management. We don't even know who her new management are either.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex has studio plans. I actually believe a large portion of the original album 2 is in the process of legally being handed back to her. I think her work with RICO is on 2/3 more tracks and re-recording vocals on the songs she's securing back. I think once that portion of legalities is sorted shell aim to work with Swizz and other urban producers before finally debuting April/may time.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Alex has studio plans. I actually believe a large portion of the original album 2 is in the process of legally being handed back to her. I think her work with RICO is on 2/3 more tracks and re-recording vocals on the songs she's securing back. I think once that portion of legalities is sorted shell aim to work with Swizz and other urban producers before finally debuting April/may time.

I don't think it's a large portion tbh. Especially if RCA gave DWMU to Chris Brown, we don't know what other tracks may have been in Alex's hands. I do believe she has the Rico stuff and she confirmed that Show Off is hers now, but everything is so undercover with this album...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I hope so Niiiiik...

With the saturdays, its more a case of good management. They have quite a good management company and a dire A & R person, their singles are just awful. BUT, in this age and time...management is more important than A & R. Your music can be amazing but if you haven't got the right image and PR, you've got no hope!

So here's hoping alex's management sort things out in america, I'm hopeful!
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is keeping very "Beyonce" with this era.

And I like it, i feel that there are simmering plans, negotiations and that under the surface. What I hope is happening is alex is just waiting for RCA's plans to come through before she announces. I think they have a rough plan but I believe she has a meeting coming up where things will be really hashed out regarding premiere and launch. It may have already happened undercover and not been reported because alex is still unknown massively over there so she could have slipped in & out without paparazzi. However I think in an announcement is coming, before the end of jan just announcing record deals etc. for all we know Alex could be trying to switch from RCA to epic. I've never let that idea slip by me tbh and I'd prefer an epic launch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I suppose. I hope to lord you're right Niiiiik.

To be fair, even I was one of her critics during the launch of HOH era. I said, she should never have agreed to the start of the era without concrete commitments for marketing (tv promo slots, etc) so maybe that's what's being sorted out. I just need her to be visible and making headlines about the plans ergo the sats
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I do hope so too. Look at Bey. Girl is gonna get MONEY next Forbes list. Everything she can touch she's on. Alex needs to be back to that. Urban mags would love her, she's photogenic etc. I love her, but get off holiday love. You have no time for that. Look like you're working. I know DM love her but she isn't helping herself. Her mum is right. She does need to plan more and STOP living for now. Because it never gets you anywhere. She has a life I'd kill a bitch to have :D Oh and I read an article on wealth, it said the artists who'll gain most tour a lot. She can do that, even small shows in the US for $20. She'd deliver all right.

And @Laladeelalada she did look fire in that performance. I want all that back. The slick hair, vocal, outfit. That outfit in chrome, white and silver would SHIT on lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    I do hope so too. Look at Bey. Girl is gonna get MONEY next Forbes list. Everything she can touch she's on. Alex needs to be back to that. Urban mags would love her, she's photogenic etc. I love her, but get off holiday love. You have no time for that. Look like you're working. I know DM love her but she isn't helping herself. Her mum is right. She does need to plan more and STOP living for now. Because it never gets you anywhere. She has a life I'd kill a bitch to have :D Oh and I read an article on wealth, it said the artists who'll gain most tour a lot. She can do that, even small shows in the US for $20. She'd deliver all right.

And @Laladeelalada she did look fire in that performance. I want all that back. The slick hair, vocal, outfit. That outfit in chrome, white and silver would SHIT on lives.

Yea, She needs to stop wasting her time on holidays and get back to work. She has taken so many holidays in the past year and it's unbelievable. Sort it out, Girl cuz we wanna see you succeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yea, She needs to stop wasting her time on holidays and get back to work. She has taken so many holidays in the past year and it's unbelievable. Sort it out, Girl cuz we wanna see you succeed.

+1

I've never seen anyone on so many holidays. Not even millionaires. Everyone is out making $$$. Come ON Burke!! :D :mad::eek::rolleyes:

She could be planning her image rehaul, what choreo she wants to try and adapt. Look busy! She's being Beyonce on it all details wise, but we know Bey will deliver. Alex hasn't done it once yet. That's the difference. All the talent in the world but delivering matters.

Even US Z listers (IIRC) never are on beaches, they're out having their faces everywhere. It's like she likes being famous and having perks for the sake of it. I hate seeing her like this and ranting, and these things take time, but seriously, what is she doing? It breaks my heart. She's my fave vocalist of her gen, and this??? :cry::o:sleep:
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Slovakia still stanning for Alex

Hallelujah
    #9 Slovakia
    #36 Czech Republic
    #84 Kenya

Bad Boys
    #282 Jordan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jordan! Another country to the list :)
    ARGH. It just saddens me, she should be smashing everywhere!!
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know what you mean.. but in all fairness she's a big girl and it's her life. If she chooses to go on holidays/parties then she clearly must know what she actually wants out of life... it's up to her to put the work in and if she's not, music is clearly not what she wants to do or passionate about.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,869
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63412427#post63412427
    This discussion has been closed.