Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6.79m for last night's show.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Trevor may well be the youngest in fact, yes.

I'm guessing Mark is supposed to be 45 or slightly younger.

Rory looks way too old to be Agnes's son though.....he could easily pass for late 50s.

Trevor is not the youngest Dermot is her youngest son.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    God I love MB! I was abroad all over Xmas/new year but had my DVD playing the earlier series almost on loop! It kept me sane - sort of!:D
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the supporting players are all doing a little bit more this series. Like the new priest and Dino.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Trevor is not the youngest Dermot is her youngest son.

That's Correct I wonder why No one on the Show mentions there other Brother Simon Brown
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has been asked before but just how many of Brendan O'Carroll's family feature in Mrs BB. How far does the nepotism stretch ? I find myself looking at every character trying to see a likeness to Brendan :D I definitely think Bono had a familiar face !.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Burrercup wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but just how many of Brendan O'Carroll's family feature in Mrs BB. How far does the nepotism stretch ? I find myself looking at every character trying to see a likeness to Brendan :D I definitely think Bono had a familiar face !.

These are the ones I know -

Cathy Brown - played by Brendan's wife
    Winnie - played by his sister
    Grandad - played by Winnie's real life father in law
    Buster Brady - played by his son
    Betty - Buster's real life wife, Brendan's daughter in law
    Maria Nicholson - played by his daughter
    Dermot Brown - is not related by blood but I believe he has been a close family friend for many many years
    Bono - played by his real life grandson
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    These are the ones I know -

Cathy Brown - played by Brendan's wife
    Winnie - played by his sister
    Grandad - played by Winnie's real life father in law
    Buster Brady - played by his son
    Betty - Buster's real life wife, Brendan's daughter in law
    Maria Nicholson - played by his daughter
    Dermot Brown - is not related by blood but I believe he has been a close family friend for many many years
    Bono - played by his real life grandson

Wow ! Good for Brendan. I would do exactly the same. Nothing like keeping the money in the family.. According to Wikipedia Brendan has an IQ of 156 and is also a best selling novelist. Busy man :D
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    That's Correct I wonder why No one on the Show mentions there other Brother Simon Brown

I wonder if they omitted Simon Brown from the TV show, there is a lot of characters so it's likely he was one Brendan thought could go without any problems, they could easily bring him back maybe as the prodigal son who the family don't speak about.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how the supporting players are all doing a little bit more this series. Like the new priest and Dino.

Interesting too that Cathy was given her own scenes with Professor Clowne last night with no involvement from Agnes : normally the entire show revolves around Mrs Brown but it seems to be branching out and giving the other characters more of a storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burrercup wrote: »
    Wow ! Good for Brendan. I would do exactly the same. Nothing like keeping the money in the family.. According to Wikipedia Brendan has an IQ of 156 and is also a best selling novelist. Busy man :D

He says that even though they're his family, they work very hard, as hard as if he had hired a bunch of professional actors.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show and I don't mind buckin, but saying f*ckin instead of feckin is spoiling this series a bit for me.

I don't care that it's on after the watershed or not, it's just not as funny and not in keeping with the other series either. :(
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the one that plays Rory used to be Brendan's agent.
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read that Brendon Carol give 50,000 of his own money to charity for Xmas . Well Done Brendon

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/COMIC+BRENDAN'S+EUR50K+CHARITY+CHRISTMAS+GIFT%3B+Mrs+Brown's+Boys+star...-a0275274808
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting too that Cathy was given her own scenes with Professor Clowne last night with no involvement from Agnes : normally the entire show revolves around Mrs Brown but it seems to be branching out and giving the other characters more of a storyline.

Cathy had been two timed by her previous bf and it was at the end of the much derided second episode of series two[the one with the family group therapy], that relationship ended and this series second ep she ditches the latest one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex_r_pc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the song was at the end of Mrs Browns Boys yesterday? I really liked it

Found out the title of this one at last (the one at the end of the Christmas Eve episode). It's a traditional Irish song called The Castle Of Dromore....here's one version from Youtube :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEve7WLAwpw
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found out the title of this one at last (the one at the end of the Christmas Eve episode). It's a traditional Irish song called The Castle Of Dromore....here's one version from Youtube :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEve7WLAwpw

I already posted up a version of this song in answer to someone's enquiry about it and was promptly told by someone else it wasn't the same song! Just saying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already posted up a version of this song in answer to someone's enquiry about it and was promptly told by someone else it wasn't the same song! Just saying!

Well they're wrong as it's clearly the chorus of the song that was heard in the Christmas Eve episode :)
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they're wrong as it's clearly the chorus of the song that was heard in the Christmas Eve episode :)

I know! I recognised it immediately, used to sing this all the time as a kid and to my own kids! :)
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a 4th series's of this confirmed?
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watching the repeat on now..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Is there a 4th series's of this confirmed?

Not so far : all we know is that there will be another Christmas special(s) this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Episode 3 on RTE1 : another very funny episode, especially the scene involving Agnes and a séance :)
  • Options
    Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Episode 3 on RTE1 : another very funny episode, especially the scene involving Agnes and a séance :)

Is this the one with Joeeeeeeee Dufffffffffffy.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so far : all we know is that there will be another Christmas special(s) this year.

How does Brendan find the time to do it with the tour and the film? I'm sure they'll be to squeeze it in. I loved to see him do a Mrs Brown Comic Relief sketch.