Options

Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a celebrity and I don't have a TV show inviting the world to watch my every move so that's a moot point. If I did have such a show, I would accept that criticism was part and parcel of the whole experience. If I was in a similar situation (God forbid) I wouldn't think 'ooh, no one will be nasty about me now' - I would accept that life goes on. I am not saying that making horrible comments about his brother's death is acceptable - of course it isn't - that's reprehensible - but saying he's a desperado and cheesy isn't - and shouldn't be - changed by his brother's death.

As for his music - it is flopping - his last album has bombed without trace.

He's a person, you're a person. Being a celeb doesn't exempt people around you from basic manners.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    He's a person, you're a person. Being a celeb doesn't exempt people around you from basic manners.

It does invite criticism though - especially if you actively to put yourself out there on a TV show - which PA does.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To a much lesser degree, as you can see. Defence is a totally different motivation. I wouldn't slate a person for defending anybody.
    I'm not the Oracle on PA. Wikipedia may have the answers.

I have to disagree there.. .. I think there is as many defend as don't on here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It got to #18 which is a good achievement. It doesn't get radio play, maybe that would have kept it in the charts. His reality show isn't really promotion of his music, he doesn't play his music on the show.
    His tours do very well (again). That isn't 'bombing' at all.

Robbie Williams didn't get radio play either but got to no 1
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I wonder how long his fans are going to use this as a reason to censor people? A death in the family does not render one a criticism-free zone (ask Cameron and Brown who've lost children.) His tacky "reality show" rather disgustingly, imo, took advantage of his brother's illness and death for publicity and ratings.

I don't think Pete's bereavement makes him immune from criticism and I'm not trying to censor negative comments but as it's a discussion forum I'm entitled to question their basis. What has he done that's so terrible other than go back to work which we all have to do at some point? Why assume that every story that appears about him is 'sold' and virtually copywritten by his management? Perhaps some are but I suggest that the majority of celeb articles in tabloids are written without their knowledge or consent.

As for Pete exploiting Andrew's illness in his show, take a look at this article by Laura Boyd, a journalist who is battling cancer herself who praises the coverage as it gave her something to relate to. http://entertainment.stv.tv/blogs/206476-peter-andre-so-sorry-for-the-loss-of-andrew/

He's regularly accused on here of milking situations for sympathy so I thought I'd also post up this interview (ignore the alarmist title!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClU4HMc05J0&feature=relmfu - I think this is the 'real' Pete speaking.

Betty, I believe he's in talks for a new ITV show but the details haven't been released yet, He's started his own record label with Ryan and has tracks on an international album in collaboration with Shaggy so his music career seems to be doing ok to me. I believe his father invested some of Pete's money in a property portfolio, I know a resort on Bribie Island near Brisbane is one as my brother goes there a lot, no idea about the rest. Why is it relevant?

As for his clothing line, every shop I know has sales at the end of the season - are they all supposed to be failures too? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does invite criticism though - especially if you actively to put yourself out there on a TV show - which PA does.

We all have a choice to watch it or not. Or to read the article or not.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    OK, I stand corrected:)

His music is flopping though and Claire from CAN tweeted a link to his clothes range earlier with 'massive discounts' - which would suggest it's struggling.

She also tweeted a link to Amy Childs clothing range which stated 'massive discounts'...and from what i've heard her clothing range is doing ok.

Every high street store and online retailer are offering 'massive discounts' at the moment..

Could it possibly be the January sales?:)
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "you-can't-criticise-him-because-he's-grieving" defence is utterly specious.
    Every single person in the bloody world has suffered a bereavement at some time or another - does this mean that they are all exempt from criticism,or is it only PA who somehow qualifies for special treatment?
    Pa deliberately puts himself in the public eye.
    He and his fans have to accept that with celebrity comes scrutiny,and no matter how hard he tries,not everyone will fall for his brand.
    He's a grown man.
    I genuinely do not believe that any FMs are criticising him for grieving for his brother.He will be grieving for him for the rest of his life.
    BUT, I wonder exactly when his admirers feel that it would be appropriate for those who do not like him to start expressing their dislike again?
    When he reappears in public?
    When he returns from his holiday?
    When his tv series starts being filmed again?
    When he starts performing in public again?

It is not bad manners to have an opinion about someone.
    But,in my view,it is bad manners to criticise people when they don't share the same viewpoint as you-WHATEVER THAT VIEWPOINT MAY BE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree there.. .. I think there is as many defend as don't on here

I was reading these threads for ages & there was nobody defending him for a long time. That's why I did. I think people get bored of saying the same things to the same people.
    Then that must be a really excellent song!:D
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

That's funny...I heard it on the radio in my car when driving home from work the other day:confused:

I think it was only Radio 1 that wouldn't play it...

Also Robbie had a huge platform for his new single, he sang it on the X Factor, which is watched by millions.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do you get veiwing figures from? I've never known where to find them

I don't know where you can get all the viewing figures Betty, but I remembered this one from last year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a443461/peter-andre-still-a-ratings-draw-for-itv2-with-my-life.html

They should move his show to ITV1. I think you'd agree. ;):cool:
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    That's funny...I heard it on the radio in my car when driving home from work the other day:confused:

I think it was only Radio 1 that wouldn't play it...

Also Robbie had a huge platform for his new single, he sang it on the X Factor, which is watched by millions.

Pa had the same exposure when he performed Defender on Strictly.

Didn't help.

He is not seen as a musician. He is seen a reality star. That is why the papers still refer to him as the Mysterious Girl singer. He made the choice to chase the money and fame, and the cost of that to him is that he will never be taken seriously musically. He further does not help matters by being a poor Jackson imitation.

If the situation bothers him, he could try releasing music anonymously. Or he could try ditching all the tat and cameras. He won't. He needs the "fame" too much to let it go. But you can tell it burns him up that he is, and always will be the Mysterious Girl singer. Or, even worse, the Insania singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    OK, I stand corrected:)

His music is flopping though and Claire from CAN tweeted a link to his clothes range earlier with 'massive discounts' - which would suggest it's struggling.

Peace and love for pity's sake! You are really pulling at straws to plot PA's downfall. Get a life! Bad karma man.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baffled40 wrote: »
    Peace and love for pity's sake! You are really pulling at straws to plot PA's downfall. Get a life! Bad karma man.

get a life:confused:
    its just a discussion thread about Peter Andre,all i see on this thread is the fans of Peter Andre commenting on the posters not the posts and i think its wrong,why shouldn't people be able to say what they think about the subject of the thread with out fans coming on saying derogatory things about the posters:(
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    its just a discussion thread about Peter Andre,all i see on this thread is the fans of Peter Andre commenting on the posters not the posts and i think its wrong,why shouldn't people be able to say what they think about the subject of the thread with out fans coming on saying derogatory things about the posters:(

Ahhh don't let it worry you Ella. It makes me laugh, the moral high ground that people take to defend Pa. Apparently, while it is wrong for us to judge him on what he says, does and produces, (to the point that it gives us "bad karma" which is laughable in itself) it is not wrong for them to sit in judgement of us.

The moral high ground, built on sand and a house of cards.

Whatever, he plays the twonk, he gets called a twonk. Not rocket science.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the same posters?.

nooo! all different posters though ive noticed that people have their threads that they stick to but wow if you read the Michael Jackson thread the things that posters say about him are terrible-but i suppose its their views thats what i was trying to point out,:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh don't let it worry you Ella. It makes me laugh, the moral high ground that people take to defend Pa. Apparently, while it is wrong for us to judge him on what he says, does and produces, (to the point that it gives us "bad karma" which is laughable in itself) it is not wrong for them to sit in judgement of us.

The moral high ground, built on sand and a house of cards.

Whatever, he plays the twonk, he gets called a twonk. Not rocket science.

i know artlesschaos,this is why i don't usually post :D

But like someone else said-and i believe this of every celebrity that court the media and invite the public to know everything about their private life-they are going to get critized by some people-it has to come with the territory surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorry Prumeister i didn't realise you said the same! What do i think Peter should do next?..-i dont think he should give up his music though-if he enjoys his music and making it as much as i presume he does then keep making it as looking at that last episode the other day he has got a lot of fans that love him and go to his concerts-so yeah go for it,
    i think what i don't like is reality shows which is not just his its any reality shows as they basically sell their whole lives to the public -thats what i personally think if he wanted to maybe be taken more seriously for his music he should of stopped them,,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »

Look, firstly I'm not a "big PA fan", I'm just a realist. Your previous comment sounded as if whatever anyone else said to point out that your statements about PA were incorrect, you were still going to try and find something else negative about him to bring up. Why? Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether good or bad but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss. He's not the devil, he's a normal human being trying to make the most of his time on earth. You can dislike the way he's doing that but stick to facts rather than spouting nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baffled40 wrote: »
    Look, firstly I'm not a "big PA fan", I'm just a realist. Your previous comment sounded as if whatever anyone else said to point out that your statements about PA were incorrect, you were still going to try and find something else negative about him to bring up. Why? Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether good or bad but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss. He's not the devil, he's a normal human being trying to make the most of his time on earth. You can dislike the way he's doing that but stick to facts rather than spouting nonsense.

:confused:what nonsense am i spouting?:confused:
    yes a bit of balance is fine but try sticking to the subject of Peter Andre not the posters which is what i said previously-in that when ever a poster comes on and says anything negative about Peter he/she then gets mentioned and it shouldn't be about the posters saying about them getting a life/sitting waiting for google alert/been sad/pathetic/talking nonsense-its about Peter Andre that's all i'm trying to say as its the only thread on here that posters get away with been rude about other posters,
    back on topic ive written a whole post on Peters music and how he shown keep it up if that's his passion-why don't you comment on that as i'd be interested to know what a realist thinks of Peter's music-if he should give up as its never going to get the air time or whether like me that he should do it as long as he can-he must get some money for it-someone must know whether its enough to live on + the £1thousand a week he gets from his column(someone wrote a good post earlier saying what's next for Peter Andre so i'm just carrying on the topic):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ella
    Is that the going rate for a column these days? £1,000 per week.:eek: Interesting to know.:)

He must be doing something successfully though. I see a nice house, great cars (many of them) a lot of staff and so on. None of that comes cheap. His tours always seem to be sold out, so maybe they're successful. I don't know how much is profit, but the money must be rolling in from somewhere. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella
    Is that the going rate for a column these days? £1,000 per week.:eek: Interesting to know.:)

He must be doing something successfully though. I see a nice house, great cars (many of them) a lot of staff and so on. None of that comes cheap. His tours always seem to be sold out, so maybe they're successful. I don't know how much is profit, but the money must be rolling in from somewhere. :confused:

Maybe his house is like Kerry Katonas ( rented) and belongs to his management team.. I know a "successful " man who we all though owned a fancy car..he infact leases it..
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella

I wonder about that too.
    I presume he was the family member paying for Andrew's treatment (and I'm not having a go about him doing that as most siblings would do the same if they could afford it). The hospital treatment must have cost a bomb because despite Andrew being born in the UK and being a British citizen - he wouldn't qualify for NHS treatment because he had lived abroad for more than 3 years.

Then his brother Michael goes every where with him so I presume he's on the payroll.

CAN must take a cut of earnings - what is the going rate for celeb management - 20% ?

Then there is his driver - again goes everywhere with him.

Most business in the first few years of trading don't make fantastic profits because of start up costs - so 2 coffee shops - and again employing another brother must take a fair bit,

His latest Album - he set up his own record company to do this so didn't have a label paying production costs so he would have self funded I presume. A number one album can be achieved with only 18,000 sales - so its anyone's guess how many sales he made with it only being in the top 100 for one week before bombing off the charts and also only achieving a high of 18.

Touring is pricey and most revenue is taken from merchandising. I recall an interview he did before his last tour (and no I don't have a link!) where he said that touring actually costs him money but he does it because he loves it.

Then he has his housekeeper etc

The money has to be coming from somewhere to fund his lifestyle - his reality show must pay very well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe his house is like Kerry Katonas ( rented) and belongs to his management team.. I know a "successful " man who we all though owned a fancy car..he infact leases it..

I am reliably informed that he owns the house Betty. He bought it outright. His house in Cyprus is being rented out, so I assume he owns that too.

As for the cars, you could be right about those. I don't know if he leases them or owns them. Nice collection though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I wonder about that too.
    I presume he was the family member paying for Andrew's treatment (and I'm not having a go about him doing that as most siblings would do the same if they could afford it). The hospital treatment must have cost a bomb because despite Andrew being born in the UK and being a British citizen - he wouldn't qualify for NHS treatment because he had lived abroad for more than 3 years.

Then his brother Michael goes every where with him so I presume he's on the payroll.

CAN must take a cut of earnings - what is the going rate for celeb management - 20% ?

Then there is his driver - again goes everywhere with him.

Most business in the first few years of trading don't make fantastic profits because of start up costs - so 2 coffee shops - and again employing another brother must take a fair bit,

His latest Album - he set up his own record company to do this so didn't have a label paying production costs so he would have self funded I presume. A number one album can be achieved with only 18,000 sales - so its anyone's guess how many sales he made with it only being in the top 100 for one week before bombing off the charts and also only achieving a high of 18.

Touring is pricey and most revenue is taken from merchandising. I recall an interview he did before his last tour (and no I don't have a link!) where he said that touring actually costs him money but he does it because he loves it.

Then he has his housekeeper etc

The money has to be coming from somewhere to fund his lifestyle - his reality show must pay very well!

That's it, it must be the reality show that is paying so well. :) He also has an eau de toilette or aftershave on the market. Maybe that brings in money. He must be flogging something (I am asking for trouble saying that:eek:) but I wonder what it is. ..................... night night. :)