Options

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk / universal job match Has Been Overtaken By Spammers

Comments

• Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi what is this fake job thing and how do you tell which ones are fake?!
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Seems cv-library is ok, they're even trying to stop scammers
    Lee Biggins at CV Library recounted that they have seen, and successfully foiled, a completely different scam – individuals using candidate information gained from CV databases to launder money. These scams can be incredibly complex and are set up meticulously. The scammer will fake up a recruitment business and using stolen credit cards try to gain access to CV databases. They will then contact "vulnerable" individuals and attempt to use their bank details to launder money. These scams mostly originate in Russia. Whilst CV Library have put processes in place which ensure there is no way these people can access their database, Lee has asked that I don’t reveal these processes in the public domain.
    So the reason for the scamming is money laundering.

Bane of my life. hehe.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Tis a load of shite - The old one was miles better. A travesty of an update. You can't even view the wage before clicking, making it even harder for a job seeker to avoid scams, and commission only roles.
  • Options
    20132013 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Well it's been 4 days now and still the job centre have not dealt with this!

Even already today the pages are filled with spam, is there any point actually ringing them?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolute crap. I did a search on it the other day and it brought jobs up on the other side of the country. It's the ToryScum way though, outsource everything. The contract should have been given to British company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone have a phone number to a senior official for this website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just called them and according to a manager they are not aware of any problems.

I give up

http://www.agencycentral.co.uk

This seems to be the agency responsible
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    2013 wrote: »
    Normally I would get at least one call or email a day from employers wanting to talk or meet me.

That's good going. How come you haven't actually landed anything yet? :confused:
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just called them and according to a manager they are not aware of any problems.

That's the default response from every company I've ever spoken to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Yep noticed this and this is one reason why I've refused to sign up to it yet. The JC are starting to put pressure on me though and for 3 visits running I've managed to play dumb and get away with it but I can't see this lasting much longer.

I did ask one advisor if it was a 'safe site' and he said as far as he knows it is. He didn't know what to say to me when I asked him why then, if it is a safe site, has it been able to be hacked into and false jobs been put up?

I do wonder why they 'updated' the site, the old one was so much better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I noticed this too but it doesn't seem to be quite as bad in my area as it is in more built up ones.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    That Universal Job Match malarkey has made the site 10 times harder to use.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    It's not as bad here, but there are a few jobs from that company.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DO NOT SIGN UP TO UNIVERSAL JOBMATCH!!!

there are plenty of other more secure sites for job seekers to use, just google it and you'll find loads :)

don't let evil derranged IDS have his way, Universal Jobmatch is just an underhand tactic to stopping peoples benefits:eek: :( :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joeski97 wrote: »
    DO NOT SIGN UP TO UNIVERSAL JOBMATCH!!!

there are plenty of other more secure sites for job seekers to use, just google it and you'll find loads :)

don't let evil derranged IDS have his way, Universal Jobmatch is just an underhand tactic to stopping peoples benefits:eek: :( :mad:

Nobody has forced me to use that site and my benefits are not currently at risk if I do not search for jobs.

Even though I'm still not well I have to try and change my life, and get out of poverty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has forced me to use that site and my benefits are not currently at risk if I do not search for jobs.

Even though I'm still not well I have to try and change my life, and get out of poverty.

just be careful, remember IDS doesn't give a stuff about the unemployed and the sooner UJM crashes and burns the better :)
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member

I give up

http://www.agencycentral.co.uk

This seems to be the agency responsible

Its not an agency though it is a website with jobs from loads of different agencies.
    I haven't had to seriously use UJM yet but can see why people think it is a nightmare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like the whole site is down, can anyone confirm this?

The main page works fine but won't allow you to log in nor search for jobs
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fine on my end
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    joeski97 wrote: »
    just be careful, remember IDS doesn't give a stuff about the unemployed and the sooner UJM crashes and burns the better :)

IDS? Insane Dictator Search?

There'll only be one entry on the database.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    IDS? Insane Dictator Search?

There'll only be one entry on the database.

i'll give you a clue, MP who is a slap head :)
  • Options
    Danny_SmithDanny_Smith Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Is universal Jobmatch fake or real?

I have applied for this job yesturday and just now it came back failed/unknown

The email address is correct. god this jobmatch is so annoying :mad:
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's getting a lot of fake scammers on.
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a website cooked up by the tories, of course it is not going to work...
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you copy and paste the email address with an unnecessary semi-colon left on the end of it?