Options

Gillian Taylforth has said she would return!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Oh here we go again:yawn:! I also watched this and you could clearly tell Gillian was joking about:rolleyes:!

She's obviously aware of things that have been said about 'witness protection' or 'Kathy's secret twin sister' and she was just playing up to it!

Look, I love Gillian as much as her next fan on here but Kathy is DEAD and as much as this still bugs me all these years later,:cry: I accept she can never come back to EE so let's all just move on eh?!

her twin sister would be good :D
  • Options
    PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else thinks so?
  • Options
    royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me - there are ways she can be brought back, and it would be more realistic than the guff of 2011 & 2012
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. No more jump the shark moments. They'd be throwing away 15 years of Kathy's characterisation if they expected us to believe that she'd let Ben and Ian think she was dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy could have had a nervous breakdown
  • Options
    PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bring her back i say!
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love her to come back, I never got to see her in her original stint :(
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao at this topic always rearing it's head.

As I always say, there are ways and means for it to be done. There's enough ambiguity in her off screen death to form a storyline in which she could still be alive. To those who say it would be unrealistic I say ''Welcome to EastEnders 2013''. Nothing is realistic anymore. With no sign that realism is making a comeback to EastEnders why not do something to benefit the show in the long run? The fans didn't want Kathy to die, the actors love Gillian Taylforth and the show needs the Beales rebuilt. Ian's kids simply don't cut it.

On the flip side, there's something to be said for leaving Kathy as an untarnished character from the past. Would the writers really be able to do justice to such a legendary character when they've failed Sharon and so many others? Then there's the small fact that EastEnders is now Branningville in all but name and I don't see how Kathy fits into that. If her return was conceived to validate the Brannings and have her play backup to them then I'd be against it completely. Kathy should only be brought back for the Beales, the Mitchells and the long suffering fans who miss EastEnders of old.
  • Options
    Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it and so would the cast, and there is so much they can do with her..
  • Options
    Danny SimpsonDanny Simpson Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Gosh why copy another persons thread when the same thing is right above this one as was made only today or late yesterday.
  • Options
    Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao at this topic always rearing it's head.

As I always say, there are ways and means for it to be done. There's enough ambiguity in her off screen death to form a storyline in which she could still be alive. To those who say it would be unrealistic I say ''Welcome to EastEnders 2013''. Nothing is realistic anymore. With no sign that realism is making a comeback to EastEnders why not do something to benefit the show in the long run? The fans didn't want Kathy to die, the actors love Gillian Taylforth and the show needs the Beales rebuilt. Ian's kids simply don't cut it.

On the flip side, there's something to be said for leaving Kathy as an untarnished character from the past. Would the writers really be able to do justice to such a legendary character when they've failed Sharon and so many others? Then there's the small fact that EastEnders is now Branningville in all but name and I don't see how Kathy fits into that. If her return was conceived to validate the Brannings and have her play backup to them then I'd be against it completely. Kathy should only be brought back for the Beales, the Mitchells and the long suffering fans who miss EastEnders of old.

You're a long-term viewer aswell as me I see.
    It's nice to know that you're so loyal to the show as am I but I have always said to myself I will only continue watching if I enjoy it.
    Have been watching continuously since around 2000(Born in '95 and grew up with it) but surely if you do not enjoy the storylines you could always take a break and maybe come back to view it at some point in the future? Especially if it makes you annoyed thinking about how EE used to be, that can't be pleasurable viewing :(
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    FFS, GROW UP!!! IT ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN:mad::yawn::sleep:!!!
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh why copy another persons thread when the same thing is right above this one as was made only today or late yesterday.

Exactly, there's an exact copy of this thread discussing Kathy Beale already :yawn:
  • Options
    Danny SimpsonDanny Simpson Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Someone copied mine in GD and seem to be getting away with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    No thanks. No more jump the shark moments. They'd be throwing away 15 years of Kathy's characterisation if they expected us to believe that she'd let Ben and Ian think she was dead.

Kathy could easily have had a breakdown! Ian vanished for months making Lucy think he was dead
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah writers, please...take the piss again.

I.E. - I'll pass on a Kathy return.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love her back but face it-she's dead. We have to accept that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I would love her back but face it-she's dead. We have to accept that

I agree, but apparently not according to this or the hundred other Kathy threads.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,822
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I agree, but apparently not according to this or the hundred other Kathy threads.

She's a two bit corpse.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who else thinks so?

No she is dead, the witness protection is saved for Dennis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil / Kathy / Jack / Sharon love quadrangle
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's dead. Get over it. Never going to come back.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's dead. End of.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,224
    Forum Member
    Well we waited 14 years before they brought back Den from the dead, so i don't see why Kathy couldn't come back through the witness protection thing. Come on it is EastEnders, it hasn't been realistic since the 80s :D

Though they have to bring back some good writers while they're at it...
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I can't be bothered with regular "returns" let alone one's that bring back the dead.