Options

Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show this afternoon at the NIA. The "new" pairings of Dani/Pasha, Louis/Ola and Phil/Karen worked very well IMO. A predictable win for Louis but he puts on a good show now, unlike in the early part of the TV series.

Worst part: Kate Thornton's dress for the first half.
    Best part: The judges were all on fine form and all three of them had some great one liners.
    Biggest surprise: Fern being entertaining, memorable and not being "the forgotten one in the middle there to make up the numbers". I suspect she will be raking in some high scores towards the end of the tour.

dreadful wasnt it!
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Great show this afternoon at the NIA. The "new" pairings of Dani/Pasha, Louis/Ola and Phil/Karen worked very well IMO. A predictable win for Louis but he puts on a good show now, unlike in the early part of the TV series.

Worst part: Kate Thornton's dress for the first half.
    Best part: The judges were all on fine form and all three of them had some great one liners.
    Biggest surprise: Fern being entertaining, memorable and not being "the forgotten one in the middle there to make up the numbers". I suspect she will be raking in some high scores towards the end of the tour.
    olivej wrote: »
    dreadful wasnt it!

I personally thought the second one wasnt great either. Of the two I actually preferred the first (but in the context of best of rubbish).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I personally thought the second one wasnt great either. Of the two I actually preferred the first (but in the context of best of rubbish).

no, I didnt think either were particularly great but the first one I really didnt like :o:p although I do love Kate and think she makes a great host and I loved what she wore on the last live tour
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definately not!

I was at Birmingham yesterday afternoon and the reception Louis got from the crowd was phenomenal - far greater than ANY other couple and it was clear, even from the start, he and Ola were going to win

Way to go Louis :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The promoters have announced a "snow performance" for those unable to make it to Bham over the weekend (ie unused ticketholders for any of the shows). Presumably they know which ones were not activated.

https://www.facebook.com/niabirmingham

or

https://www.facebook.com/strictlylive
  • Options
    sparklysheilasparklysheila Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I saw a tweet yesterday that showed Iveta on the bus on the way to Newcastle - have I missed something as I didn't realise she was on the tour? And I'm going to see it tomorrow :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Abs1986Abs1986 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Hello this is my 1st post on this forum so here goes, I went to see the live show last night Heres my breif memories. i have to say it was fab as always although I think last years show just shades this years. I thought all the routines were performed brilliantly nobody was bad (even phil) I didn't enjoy the pro routines as last years thought they didn't really stick to ballroom or Latin bit of a mash up of different dances not traditional routines like they used to be, the 1st pro routine was a paso/tango/chahcha mash to gold/titanium very well performed as usual although poor artem fell over at the beginning on the podium thing right in the middle of he floor to a huge gasp from the audience! All the contestants then came out Louis getting the biggest applause (which he got throughout the show) Denise's routines proved why she was I final even better live, danis routines were very underwhelming although I'm a huge pasha fan, so was a bit disappointed, phil very funny but quite good Karen is stunning in real life, Michael again better live, fern my surprise of the night very good, Lisa not as good live didn't really acknowledge the crowd robin did do this a lot, Louis was by far the best didnt really support him in the show but I can see why he won his dirty dancing salsa was brilliant with an amazing atmosphere he added a lot of flips and acrobatics in his fusion dance. The pro/celeb group routine was probably the best which you can see on YouTube. The second pro routine was very similar to the tango that Flavia choreographed a few years back on the tv show with the ropes again bit of a tango/paso mash I've completely forgotten the song they danced to obv not one of my faves! The finale was the best I've seen the singers must get a very special mention here they are absolutely amazing singing how will I know by Whitney Houston then the pros and celebs came out to do jive, and end number to you should be dancing! I would recommend any1 who is a fan of he show to see it live the atmosphere is brilliant, and nothing can compare to seeing the pros, the routines, the lights, the band, the singers (I'm waffling now) live
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a tweet yesterday that showed Iveta on the bus on the way to Newcastle - have I missed something as I didn't realise she was on the tour? And I'm going to see it tomorrow :rolleyes:

Maybe she's the stand-in Karen/Ola/Natalie if one of them sprains an ankle or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she is on the tour but only dancing in the pro dances - she dances with Pasha and Natalie dances with Robin

I presume she was asked to take part as Kristina decided not to and they needed a female pro to partner the male pro which was partnerless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info - I remember some posts about there being a spare boy now you mention it and I suppose she's also available in case of injury to stand in. still think they could mention she was there though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abs1986 wrote: »
    Hello this is my 1st post on this forum so here goes, I went to see the live show last night Heres my breif memories. i have to say it was fab as always although I think last years show just shades this years. I thought all the routines were performed brilliantly nobody was bad (even phil) I didn't enjoy the pro routines as last years thought they didn't really stick to ballroom or Latin bit of a mash up of different dances not traditional routines like they used to be, the 1st pro routine was a paso/tango/chahcha mash to gold/titanium very well performed as usual although poor artem fell over at the beginning on the podium thing right in the middle of he floor to a huge gasp from the audience! All the contestants then came out Louis getting the biggest applause (which he got throughout the show) Denise's routines proved why she was I final even better live, danis routines were very underwhelming although I'm a huge pasha fan, so was a bit disappointed, phil very funny but quite good Karen is stunning in real life, Michael again better live, fern my surprise of the night very good, Lisa not as good live didn't really acknowledge the crowd robin did do this a lot, Louis was by far the best didnt really support him in the show but I can see why he won his dirty dancing salsa was brilliant with an amazing atmosphere he added a lot of flips and acrobatics in his fusion dance. The pro/celeb group routine was probably the best which you can see on YouTube. The second pro routine was very similar to the tango that Flavia choreographed a few years back on the tv show with the ropes again bit of a tango/paso mash I've completely forgotten the song they danced to obv not one of my faves! The finale was the best I've seen the singers must get a very special mention here they are absolutely amazing singing how will I know by Whitney Houston then the pros and celebs came out to do jive, and end number to you should be dancing! I would recommend any1 who is a fan of he show to see it live the atmosphere is brilliant, and nothing can compare to seeing the pros, the routines, the lights, the band, the singers (I'm waffling now) live

Oh wow, thanks for taking the trouble to do such a great write-up :) I'm going soon and am really looking forward to it :D

And go, Louis, go! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info - I remember some posts about there being a spare boy now you mention it and I suppose she's also available in case of injury to stand in. still think they could mention she was there though!

she is in the tour programme but Im not sure she is on the tour website...... :rolleyes::confused:
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am going to see it tomorrow too

lets hope snow doesn't affect us getting there :eek:

where you sitting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    oooo.... could you let us know about anything to look out for please?... I am going for the Wednesday evening show...:)

will do :)

can text someone updates to update here if they want
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure a bit of snow won't deter us hardy northerners!

Having spent a small fortune me and my sister are sitting in the front row of the floor seats :eek:

How about you tvqueen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The promoters have announced a "snow performance" for those unable to make it to Bham over the weekend (ie unused ticketholders for any of the shows). Presumably they know which ones were not activated.

https://www.facebook.com/niabirmingham

or

https://www.facebook.com/strictlylive

good for them but it still wont make everyone happy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    good for them but it still wont make everyone happy

Special Snow Show, for those that missed the Tour, due to the weather.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/strictly-come-dancing-live-announces-1228081?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

erm - thanks - already seen it - quoted SaraV1038 in my post :D

I managed to make it to Birmingham on sunday to see the show but I know lots of people didnt make it on Friday so Im happy to see the NIA are honouring tickets and providing a special snow show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those interested, I have done a full write up of the show (from Birmingham) on the Louis appreciation thread.

However, please note that the report (in 4 parts) contains content spoilers, so please don't read if you want to remain unspoiled.

If people want, I can bring the content over here. It is not particularly Louis/Ola biased.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    For those interested, I have done a full write up of the show (from Birmingham) on the Louis appreciation thread.

However, please note that the report (in 4 parts) contains content spoilers, so please don't read if you want to remain unspoiled.

If people want, I can bring the content over here. It is not particularly Louis/Ola biased.

Thanks Sara for your very detailed report... loved it... now looking forward to Wednesday even more... :p:D... If that was possible...lol... Thank you muchly... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure a bit of snow won't deter us hardy northerners!

Having spent a small fortune me and my sister are sitting in the front row of the floor seats :eek:

How about you tvqueen

in block 107 row K
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all sounds very exciting! I am looking forward to see the show at the O2.

Can't wait to see the new elements in the Fusion - but how will they fit them in?
  • Options
    boxermadsamboxermadsam Posts: 10
    Forum Member

Thanks for the write-up, I have family going to the Manchester shows next week and they are very excited.

Could you (or anyone else who has been) please give me a rough idea of how long the show actually lasts? It would be helpful when planning how they are getting home.

Many thanks in advance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the write-up, I have family going to the Manchester shows next week and they are very excited.

Could you (or anyone else who has been) please give me a rough idea of how long the show actually lasts? It would be helpful when planning how they are getting home.

Many thanks in advance

its roughly 2½ hours including interval
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Abs for taking the time and trouble to post your report.

It is a lovely report and I really appreciate you sharing the detail.

Glad you had a great time.

The singers are great and don't get enough recognition or appreciation IMHO.

Hope you post again:)