Options

Speidi - an impartial opinion.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I personally feel that Speidi have been both indulged and abused by BB during this series.

I think that any other HM's that refused to take part in as many tasks as they have would have been evicted, surely it's part and parcel of being in there and justifies the large amount of money I'm assuming they are being paid.

But setting them up on that blog task was cruel. BB set them up to say horrendous things about the other HM's, ignorant of the fact that the others were watching it.

As for vilifying them for Claire not getting her letter from home, again I agree with Speidi, if you're going to get that upset over a letter from your family not being read, when you're going to be seeing them within the next few days, is quite pathetic.

All this furious rage from other HM's (Rylan, Tricia and Razor in particular) is hilarious. It's also made very good viewing for us all.

At the end of the day, Spencer has been correct when he points out that they don't want to be friends with anyone outside of the house, it's only a game and that they are playing the game.

I think they've played a brilliant game and, win or lose, they have made this series quite watchable.

Great post, it's nice to read such a common sense perspective.

I agree with your first BIB, which gives ammunition for both likers and dislikers to seize on to feed their chosen bias.
    I agree totally with what you say about Claire, and personally found that whole episode absolutely hilarious.

But I disagree with you about a brilliant game. They've played the game in a way which gives them no chance of winning. They've given me great entertainment and added hugely to my enjoyment of CBB11 ..... so I'd say they've played the entertainment show brilliantly, but the gameshow less so. I doubt they care frankly. They've been well paid to do the former ..... and have delivered.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Great post, it's nice to read such a common sense perspective.

I agree with your first BIB, which gives ammunition for both likers and dislikers to seize on to feed their chosen bias.
    I agree totally with what you say about Claire, and personally found that whole episode absolutely hilarious.

But I disagree with you about a brilliant game. They've played the game in a way which gives them no chance of winning. They've given me great entertainment and added hugely to my enjoyment of CBB11 ..... so I'd say they've played the entertainment show brilliantly, but the gameshow less so. I doubt they care frankly. They've been well paid to do the former ..... and have delivered.

They've played their own game brilliantly. And I totally agree, they won't give this show or anyone on it another thought after they leave the house...I'd be surprised if they even sat down with Brian for a chat. :D
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    So not taking part in the tasks is playing the game?Isnt it a fundamental rule to take part? They should have been kicked out.
    You could argue another fundamental rule is no contact with the outside world. They bent the rules for Rylan, fairs fair, is it not?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I've stated that I'm a Rylan fan and that I'd like him to win. However, if any other the others win, it won't ruin my life, I only watch CBB, I have never voted and don't plan on it.

(Please don't respond with "Rylan doesn't deserve to win, he left the house etc"....I've already read the countless posts about it and am aware of how some people feel about this).

I personally feel that Speidi have been both indulged and abused by BB during this series.

I think that any other HM's that refused to take part in as many tasks as they have would have been evicted, surely it's part and parcel of being in there and justifies the large amount of money I'm assuming they are being paid.

But setting them up on that blog task was cruel. BB set them up to say horrendous things about the other HM's, ignorant of the fact that the others were watching it.

I'm sure they would have assumed that no-one else in the house would see it until the show was over and they were winging their way across the atlantic.

You could by the look on Heidi's face when BB announced what had happened that she knew what was coming and I think she looked worried about her and Spencer's actions becoming public knowledge.

Of course, there is always the other theory, that they knew, or had a good idea and all the nastiness was deliberate to wind up the others. ;)

As for vilifying them for Claire not getting her letter from home, again I agree with Speidi, if you're going to get that upset over a letter from your family not being read, when you're going to be seeing them within the next few days, is quite pathetic.

All this furious rage from other HM's (Rylan, Tricia and Razor in particular) is hilarious. It's also made very good viewing for us all.

At the end of the day, Spencer has been correct when he points out that they don't want to be friends with anyone outside of the house, it's only a game and that they are playing the game.

I think they've played a brilliant game and, win or lose, they have made this series quite watchable.

I agree, and thank you for being impartial.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but your post is a contradiction.

Giving them the opportunity = manipulated them.

No-one else has been "given the opportunity" have they?

how is that?... speidi could easily have been nice...

since when does every housemate get involved in every task... they were picked for that task, they showed what nasty two faced people they are. bb merely facilitated that, if you think thats manipulation then we agree to disagree, i call it 'facilitate their true colours'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how is that?... speidi could easily have been nice...

since when does every housemate get involved in every task... they were picked for that task, they showed what nasty two faced people they are. bb merely facilitated that, if you think thats manipulation then we agree to disagree, i call it 'facilitate their true colours'.

Exactly! They were "picked" because BB knew how they would react. It's a no brainer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly! They were "picked" because BB knew how they would react. It's a no brainer.

well i dont call it being manipulated, bb gave them a rope, the rest was down to what they did with it. they had a choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i dont call it being manipulated, bb gave them a rope, the rest was down to what they did with it. they had a choice.

Yes, they had a choice, but being the people that they are, reacted in the way that BB knew they would.

Why do you think Claire or Trisha weren't picked for that task?
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Oh but it was fair when they were spying on the housemates though?

There was a big difference in the two 'spying' tasks though... the HMs thought Speidi had gone, and then let their true unprovoked feelings about Speidi be revealed, particularly Trish, Rylan, Claire and Razor...

On the blogging task, the other HMs had control over the questions they were aiming at Speidi all the way through, AND they were acting in revenge for the original spying task.

They led Speidi with some of their questions deliberately aimed to get a particular response, which most people who've seen them could tell had never changed - Speidi just softened their approach when they went back into the main house and were almost getting on with the rest as normal HMs - until this task BB deliberately engineered to open up the old wounds (particularly for Rylan).

It was very interesting that BB chose to put that task right before the letters task - had they been the other way round, when Speidi were at least on the surface friendly with the house, then they may even have considered doing the letters task (by being sat either side of the doorway, for example)... but once Rylan had launched one of his foul mouthed attacks on them over being the most fake, they probably wouldn't have peed on Rylan if he was on fire :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they had a choice, but being the people that they are, reacted in the way that BB knew they would.

Why do you think Claire or Trisha weren't picked for that task?

that isnt in dispute.... as i see it, being manipulated is where someone has been manovered to reply to a situation that they have no control over.... speidi did, they could have been nice, or normal, instead (it was addmittedly bb gold) shocking to see their true colours....vile.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So not taking part in the tasks is playing the game?Isnt it a fundamental rule to take part? They should have been kicked out.

You are never going to see this but the game is bigger than what is being played out in the house. Speidi are playing a game with the shows producers. The prods can't stand that they aren't running the show and are doing as much as they can to either split Speidi up or just be outright spiteful to them.

Speidi are winning both games hands down.
  • Options
    pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it's all said and done they have it easy in there. They have each other, if all the HMs were paired off with their other half - how boring would it be, they'd have 'a partner in crime' and full psychological support and someone to 'gossip' with. They are both very narcissistic and have very weak personalities on their own. I was also surprised to hear that Spencer was 29, nearly 30, I thought he was 21!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    And this is why they have been both indulged and abused.

BB have not been fair to them, in my opinion.
    If they have been indulged and abused in roughly equal measure, then on aggregate BB have been fair to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pepipop wrote: »
    When it's all said and done they have it easy in there. They have each other, if all the HMs were paired off with their other half - how boring would it be, they'd have 'a partner in crime' and full psychological support and someone to 'gossip' with. They are both very narcissistic and have very weak personalities on their own. I was also surprised to hear that Spencer was 29, nearly 30, I thought he was 21!

I don't agree that they have it easy in there.

Like someone else has pointed out, how would you feel if you knew the whole house was against you?

Think about other seasons (sorry for the Americanism..I don't know the plural for series and cba to google it :D )..

Contestants are always bitching about other hms...but they never get to see it until they are out. Speidi have sort of been privy to it whilst they are in there and have to continue to live with the others.

And vice versa...via the blogging task (before someone points this out lol).

It's just all contributed to their true personalities coming out, which was BB's plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    If they have been indulged and abused in roughly equal measure, then on aggregate BB have been fair to them.

BB have created a monster (albeit they had good material to begin with).
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    There was a big difference in the two 'spying' tasks though... the HMs thought Speidi had gone, and then let their true unprovoked feelings about Speidi be revealed, particularly Trish, Rylan, Claire and Razor...

On the blogging task, the other HMs had control over the questions they were aiming at Speidi all the way through, AND they were acting in revenge for the original spying task.

They led Speidi with some of their questions deliberately aimed to get a particular response, which most people who've seen them could tell had never changed - Speidi just softened their approach when they went back into the main house and were almost getting on with the rest as normal HMs - until this task BB deliberately engineered to open up the old wounds (particularly for Rylan).

It was very interesting that BB chose to put that task right before the letters task - had they been the other way round, when Speidi were at least on the surface friendly with the house, then they may even have considered doing the letters task (by being sat either side of the doorway, for example)... but once Rylan had launched one of his foul mouthed attacks on them over being the most fake, they probably wouldn't have peed on Rylan if he was on fire :p

There was no difference, BB let the spiders spy on the housemates then turned the tables.The spiders in the basement had some control over the house by getting housemates in the diary room to answer their questions, they asked the questions as the housemates did in the blog task.
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you say they havn't took part in many tasks, so how have they played the game?

No i think they have vile personalities, they have disliked Rylan from the start , possibly they already knew he was fav to win, when they refused to do the letter task they knew Claire wouldnt get her letter and that is why they refused to do it.

If they dont like it there then go, they moaned continuously about the house and housemates for the first 2 weeks, i like a row or two in the house but i dont like people being malicious and vindictive. Cant wait to see the back of them.They have ruined BB this year for me.

In fairness Rylan didnt like them from the start either. The first days of the show all i heard was him bitching about Spencer and Heidi. He didnt have to tell them what Spence and Heidi said in there Vt but no he couldnt wait to turn people against them and ive seen nothing thats changed tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    You are never going to see this but the game is bigger than what is being played out in the house. Speidi are playing a game with the shows producers. The prods can't stand that they aren't running the show and are doing as much as they can to either split Speidi up or just be outright spiteful to them.

Speidi are winning both games hands down.

Not imo, they are making themselves look nasty to most of the public so they cant win anything cos lets face it the public can make or break you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    In fairness Rylan didnt like them from the start either. The first days of the show all i heard was him bitching about Spencer and Heidi. He didnt have to tell them what Spence and Heidi said in there Vt but no he couldnt wait to turn people against them and ive seen nothing thats changed tbh.

But in fairness they (Rylan and Frankie) told everyone about the housemates vt, not just the spiders.
  • Options
    Jim StarkJim Stark Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »
    And to all those who think Speidi are 'vile' - surprise, surprise, that's what BB wants you to think.

You could, I suppose, tenuously argue that conception is a construction on the part of the producers. But it's inarguable from previous evidence in the media that there wasn't an awful lot of raw material there to work with.
    They have made a cottage industry of being personally abrasive, whenever they've featured in the public eye in anyway. Spencer has openly bragged (out of 'character') that he is a villain--although the word isn't linguistically related to 'vile', that's more than close enough for me.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not imo, they are making themselves look nasty to most of the public so they cant win anything cos lets face it the public can make or break you.

The public can't stop them getting paid at the end of it. Winning the actual show would just be a tiny added bonus.
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st BIB - No - it was a task designed to create bad feeling. And it achieved that. But the result could have been very different if Speidi's behaviours were more akin to how the other HMs handled the task where they had to slate each other.

2nd BIB - I'm not saying they have to be a team-player. No HM does. But by choosing not to be, well, they choose the outcome. And obviously that means choosing to isolate oneself from the group. All the BB intefering in the world wouldn't be able to make a genuinely nice, decent, team-player type appear like a 'baddy' nor would it be able to manipulate all other HMs into disliking them.

Speidi have had, and still have, a huge amount of control over how their relationship with the HMs improves or declines. Whether BB interfere or not.

Good post :)
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    You are never going to see this but the game is bigger than what is being played out in the house. Speidi are playing a game with the shows producers. The prods can't stand that they aren't running the show and are doing as much as they can to either split Speidi up or just be outright spiteful to them.Speidi are winning both games hands down.

Can't see this at all. If the producers don't want them there they could easily throw them out. They have plenty of ammunition to do so if they wanted i.e. not taking part in tasks which is fundamental to the show.
  • Options
    pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree that they have it easy in there.

Like someone else has pointed out, how would you feel if you knew the whole house was against you?

Yes, but they 'facilitated' the house being 'against' them, by refusing to go to speak to any of the other HMs in the main house, in the first few days, and by remaining in bed in the basement. As they keep repeating, 'it's only a game show' so why be sooo childish and peeved at Frankie and Rylan doing what they were asked to do by BB - to complete strangers on the first night. It was not a personal decision, by R and F, based upon the people's personalities who were chosen to go to the basement. They brought this 'dislike' totally upon themselves, if they'd mixed in initially, spoke to the others, it would all have been totally averted. They definitely have a 'joint' persecution complex and then perpetuate it through their own behaviour and what they themselves pre-assume/believe of others reaction to them.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have aleady won. They are reality stars in the mode of Katie Price. The public are interested in them, they are the most talked about housemaets so they have got what they wanted from the show – a paypacket, perhaps another market to sell rubbish gossip pieces to and future producers knowledge that they can bring in an audience when cast in a reality show.