Options

Speed caps being reinstated on Full Monty plans

Comments

• Options
    reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full monty - has gone apparently .... The new plans include a maximum of 5GB

That would be quite disappointing for a lot of people. Especially considering the fact that 10 months ago they were all big on the fact that they offered unlimited.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Full monty - has gone apparently .... The new plans include a maximum of 5GB

I've heard that as well but i'm not sure if its gone for all phones/sim only? Do you know?
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I've heard that as well but i'm not sure if its gone for all phones/sim only? Do you know?

It's come from a friend of mine that works in a retail EE store. He said its because customers were choosing the full monty over EE4G tariffs. Hence the reason the speed cap has come in for current customers and a limit on data. To be confirmed. To be fair though, when was the last time you saw a full monty/t mobile advert ? I reckon it will be the same as it is now with a 3gb allowance for £36 and 5gb for £41
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    When was the last time you saw a Orange advert on the TV or any cinema advert for that matter, EE is 4G focused now.

I have found the network faster and lower ping since the partial introduction of speed caps..

As i've said before without it affecting the network Unlimited just isn't sustainable with the rate data usage is ballooning right now.

I doubt the lack of an Unlimited package will force everyone onto 4G without tinkering with the 4G plans themselves.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It's come from a friend of mine that works in a retail EE store. He said its because customers were choosing the full monty over EE4G tariffs. Hence the reason the speed cap has come in for current customers and a limit on data. To be confirmed. To be fair though, when was the last time you saw a full monty/t mobile advert ? I reckon it will be the same as it is now with a 3gb allowance for £36 and 5gb for £41

Agreed^

My mate has told me there is a new EE4G tariff as well with more data. I haven't spoken to him since this morning so i don't have any details on it. You wouldn't happen to know about this as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm... No more full monty? That will be interesting as they were really pushing that before. I definitely agree EE is totally 4G focused now and T-Mobile/Orange seem 'less important' to them now. So basically for people still on the full monty it's unlimited data with a speed cap and for new customers there are gonna be data limits. Do you think the Orange iPhone unlimited plan will also disappear?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Agreed^

My mate has told me there is a new EE4G tariff as well with more data. I haven't spoken to him since this morning so i don't have any details on it. You wouldn't happen to know about this as well.

EE4G new plan
    20Gb data.
    £76 per month or £81 with roaming.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Lets stop this now.

I can categorically say the Full Monty is staying. Not only that, it's expanding.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £80 a month is ludicrous pricing!
  • Options
    Kingsd316Kingsd316 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets stop this now.

I can categorically say the Full Monty is staying. Not only that, it's expanding.

Interesting and more info on the "expanding" bit?
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets stop this now.

Good stuff if true. Tell us more
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets stop this now.

Great news Plymouth, thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expanding? FM on Orange too?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I can't see them keeping 3 brands. I reckon Orange will turn into T-Mobile eventually. Just a guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So capped is classed as expanding?

I wonder if EE / TMUK will do something like the Ret Hot plan on Vodafone...
  • Options
    denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That could also backfire quite badly and people leave the company instead of upgrading to EE.
  • Options
    tarziontarzion Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    That could also backfire quite badly and people leave the company instead of upgrading to EE.

Most of the decision they (EE) have made till now have I see they seem to have backfired...

And they seem very desperate to get people to sign up to 2yr contracts which they seem to be failing at.
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know whether to post a new thread but i just found out from my friend (he works for t-mo) that there are new mobile tariffs coming very soon. He's going to try and get the details soon.

Could this be why I get a message on my T-Mobile account saying you are due for an Upgrade on 07-Feb when I started my 12 month contract with them back in August?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could well backfire, probably will... If people cant get unlimited data or good packages with Orange or T-Mobile, instead of moving to EEs crap and expensive 4G packages they will probably just leave for Virgin or Three most likely, Virgin is the same network too but with unlimited data still and no speed caps (I know there's the 10GB thing but that's loads!). That's what i'll be doing anyway at the end of my Orange contract, that will be the end of almost 8 years with Orange.

I just don't even trust EE anymore after caps being lied about, removed, put back etc etc... All the people who work for EE are clowns too, some of the people in the retail stores are clearly not trained very well, one of them told me the 3rd gen iPad will work on EEs 4G, swore blind that it would when I know it won't as it doesn't use the right bands. CS over the phone are useless too and so are the technical team from my experience messing loads of shit up, with CS the indians are actually more help than the english people, not to mention the fact that Orange are kinda expensive, have crap 3G speed on their cells, 4G plans are ridiculously overpriced on 4GEE and T-Mobile lie and cap your speed, they are just as rude as well when it comes to CS... I think i'll just put a unlimited data Virgin or 3 SIM in my Galaxy Note 2 for very cheap on a 30 day contract after im done with EE directly (Orange). The smart signal is also something they managed to cock-up brilliantly. Kept thinking i'll see if it gets better, give them another chance etc but i've just had enough now, I agree it has got better in areas since the EE merger but many things have got worse and the staff are just as stupid as ever and continue to lie by the looks of things.

I also don't want another 2 year contract and that seems to be all EE offer unless you want to pay ridiculous prices for anything good data-wise on Orange SIM only, and like I said I wouldn't touch T-Mobile with a barge pole. Virgin seems good as it uses the same network but I don't have to have the pain in the arse of dealing with EE directly, or even better still I could try 3 and see what they are like in my area and as a network in general.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    ajh94 wrote: »
    It could well backfire, probably will... If people cant get unlimited data or good packages with Orange or T-Mobile, instead of moving to EEs crap and expensive 4G packages they will probably just leave for Virgin or Three most likely, Virgin is the same network too but with unlimited data still and no speed caps (I know there's the 10GB thing but that's loads!). That's what i'll be doing anyway at the end of my Orange contract, that will be the end of almost 8 years with Orange.

I just don't even trust EE anymore after caps being lied about, removed, put back etc etc... All the people who work for EE are clowns too, some of the people in the retail stores are clearly not trained very well, one of them told me the 3rd gen iPad will work on EEs 4G, swore blind that it would when I know it won't as it doesn't use the right bands. CS over the phone are useless too and so are the technical team from my experience messing loads of shit up, with CS the indians are actually more help than the english people, not to mention the fact that Orange are kinda expensive, have crap 3G speed on their cells, 4G plans are ridiculously overpriced on 4GEE and T-Mobile lie and cap your speed, they are just as rude as well when it comes to CS... I think i'll just put a unlimited data Virgin or 3 SIM in my Galaxy Note 2 for very cheap on a 30 day contract after im done with EE directly (Orange). The smart signal is also something they managed to cock-up brilliantly. Kept thinking i'll see if it gets better, give them another chance etc but i've just had enough now, I agree it has got better in areas since the EE merger but many things have got worse and the staff are just as stupid as ever and continue to lie by the looks of things.

I also don't want another 2 year contract and that seems to be all EE offer unless you want to pay ridiculous prices for anything good data-wise on Orange SIM only, and like I said I wouldn't touch T-Mobile with a barge pole. Virgin seems good as it uses the same network but I don't have to have the pain in the arse of dealing with EE directly, or even better still I could try 3 and see what they are like in my area and as a network in general.

Wow. And breathe...... With rants like that I'm glad I don't contribute info anymore.

As to FM details, all will be revealed soon enough :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saying it how it is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ajh94.. if you feel that EE lie.. please go off and experience the billing side of Vodafone and the network team in O2.

As with any company that is expanding at the rate of EE who were small as seperate companies but now have the most customers and sites in the UK, on two or more systems, two sets of staff etc etc etc and changing literally every day internally there will be some miscommunications as staff try to keep up. Firstly have EE personally lied to you about anything... or is it purely speculation that you cannot officially back up. the caps never affected everyone in the first place and hardly anyone is saying they have them back on... so..... whats your point there?

The iPad i can understand ad Apple launched two in a short period. Even the retail shops like CPW were spouting crap about it's capabilities.

By all means please go on to another network... i've tried them all recently across the major cities of the UK. I'm happy to be paying a little extra to stay on EE4G.
  • Options
    denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say all are useless. But the main reason for leaving T-Mobile for me was a) they were lying about speed caps, b) they accused me of lying about speeds I achieved with the internet booster and c) the T-Mobile people I had to deal with were rude and incompetent. And that wasn't "normal" customer service (no problems there), but people higher up.
    And I do agree smart signal doesn't work anywhere as good as it was supposed to. Can that still be excused with teething problems?

But sadly have to agree that none of the networks are especially great and that's why I keep on switching from one to the other excluding 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I mean everything has problems but I have had so many, I even had a bill of £68 when it was supposed to be £28. Apparently it wasn't calculated properly but I still had to pay it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are these new T-Mobile plans coming out today?