Options

Do you drink too much?

silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just found this website which calculates how much you drink and asks all kinds of pertinent questions in a non-patronising manner! :)

I was shocked at the results it gave me!! :o:(

Please have a look, it's very interesting stuff ;)

Whoever designed it must be very clever :cool:

There is a website for those that take drugs as well but I didn't look at this because I would never do that type of thing :o

Comments

• Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Nope - gave up alcohol 5 months ago :p

If you'd asked me this question last year, the answer would have been a big fat yes!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need to look at it, I already know I drink too much....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    Nope - gave up alcohol 5 months ago :p

If you'd asked me this question last year, the answer would have been a big fat yes!!!

Oooo... I could never give up my Friday nights :o

Before I looked at that website I never really considered how much I was drinking either :eek: :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I don't need to look at it, I already know I drink too much....

It offers some advice at the end so you never know, you might find it helpful :o

Certainly I might take heed of some of their suggestions ;)
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasmy New Years Resolution to drink more. It's going well so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    Oooo... I could never give up my Friday nights :o

Before I looked at that website I never really considered how much I was drinking either :eek: :(

That's what I always thought, since the age of 16.

12 years later, and after many hangovers, and lots of silly behaviour, at the age of 28 I'd finally had enough...

As a current singleton, my Friday nights consist of creative sessions in my home music studio, a couple of films, or some intense writing. I love it. If I'm feeling 'adventerous' it's dinner or a movie with a few mates. ROCK 'N' ROLL :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really cut down in recent years. Now I only drink alcohol once or twice a week and I can't remember the last time I was properly drunk - maybe on holiday 2 years ago.

The main reason is that as I've got older my body just can't cope with a hangover any more. Now if I have one too many I feel crap for two whole days. It really isn't worth it any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I always thought, since the age of 16.

12 years later, and after many hangovers, and lots of silly behaviour, at the age of 28 I'd finally had enough...

As a current singleton, my Friday nights consist of creative sessions in my home music studio, a couple of films, or some intense writing. I love it.

Sounds great... I just reckon I deserve a wee drinkie after a hard week at work :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I've really cut down in recent years. Now I only drink alcohol once or twice a week and I can't remember the last time I was properly drunk - maybe on holiday 2 years ago.

The main reason is that I've got older my body just can't cope with a hangover any more. Now if I have one too many I feel crap for two whole days. It really isn't worth it any more.

Same - A wild weekend would leave me hanging until Wednesday. Feel ok Thursday, and then it would start all over again on Friday...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds great... I just reckon I deserve a wee drinkie after a hard week at work :o

Yeah definitely - especially if you don't like your job!! We all need release. You still quite young?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely - especially if you don't like your job!! We all need release. You still quite young?

Not quite... old enough to know better I guess :o
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my husband decided we'd been drinking too much in the lead up to Christmas and decided to do the Dry January challenge with a view to permanently cutting down. We're three weeks in and it's fine.

The plus side is knowing it's healthier and not waking up with a fuzzy head that makes you not want to do anything much until lunchtime.

On the other hand we've both missed a few glasses of wine on a Saturday night and our hour in the pub. We'll probably go back to just having a few drinks on a Saturday once February rolls around.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly pointless, the reccomended Alcohol limits are based on zero research.
    No two countries agree on a safe level.

My 35 unit weekly usage was classed as high yet my audit scored 5, saying my drinking had no effect on my health.

Sorted, mines a large one.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not anymore. The older I got the longer my hangovers seemed to take to go away. I might have a glass of wine with dinner and maybe a beer at my local watering hole once a week (and I mean a beer) but no more than that.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever designed it must be very clever :cool:

They can't be that clever, as I had to lie about where in Wales I live in order to complete it - they're missing my county.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't be that clever, as I had to lie about where in Wales I live in order to complete it - they're missing my county.

I thought Wales was a Principality of the UK? :eek: :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly pointless, the reccomended Alcohol limits are based on zero research.
    No two countries agree on a safe level.

My 35 unit weekly usage was classed as high yet my audit scored 5, saying my drinking had no effect on my health.

Sorted, mines a large one.

Sounds like your results aren't too bad! ;):o
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,520
    Forum Member
    I had 88.5 units this last week which puts me in the top ten percentage of all users :eek: and that was just from finishing off spirits from NYE, one night out, wine over lunch on Sunday and then the one or two drinks I have most nights when I get in.

That's crazy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Wales was a Principality of the UK? :eek: :o

Not since 1542 :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Wales
  • Options
    vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on my alcohol intake over the last week, it says that I'm in the average (middle 20%) group. I don't often get heavily drunk, but I do have a habit of having a small glass of wine with dinner in front of the telly/laptop...sometimes I top it up, so it does add up over the week. I'm trying to cut down by having more "dry" days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way it tells you calories consumed.
    I would rather use those calories on chocolate. I'm going to pack in drinking now.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I drink too much - my husband knows I drink too much.

However he and I don't care too much.
  • Options
    Shoe LaceShoe Lace Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    It wasmy New Years Resolution to drink more. It's going well so far.
    Same here:D
    Even the website says my "use with risk factors" is high so obviously I am doing well.
  • Options
    Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had 88.5 units this last week which puts me in the top ten percentage of all users :eek: and that was just from finishing off spirits from NYE, one night out, wine over lunch on Sunday and then the one or two drinks I have most nights when I get in.

That's crazy!

It isn't crazy, it's too much. One or two drinks every night isn't a good sign to start with, never mind nights out etc. you do sound quite alcohol dependant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only took it for fun, I knew I'd be in the bottom 10% of all users because I haven't had a drink in ages. It was nice to be told though :D