Options

60 minute anniversary special confirmed, anniversary plans revealed

Comments

• Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You remember being one that far back? What was it like? Did everyone laugh and/or not know what it was? :o:)

haha. I know. I know. Not as long as many and most. I was a McCoy kid. And my own experience growing up was that being a DW fan could feel like a very lonely thing indeed.:p
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha. I know. I know. Not as long as many and most. I was a McCoy kid. And my own experience growing up was that being a DW fan could feel like a very lonely thing indeed.:p
    Are you kidding? I started in 2005 and so did a lot of people. :)
    Was it the whole "I've never heard of that/I thought that stopped in the Eighties/that's a weird thing to be into"? ;)
  • Options
    nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sohoguy wrote: »
    This is one of the things I really hate about forums: when people post things as fact in a smug way

You cannot possibly write things like this and KNOW for a FACT that what you are saying is true.

No wonder people were arguing against you. Seems like a one-man campaign to slate the BBC and Moffat by an angry man who wants to say "I WAS RIGHT!"

You don't love Doctor Who. You love the idea of being right.

I stated certain facts and then my opinion (which I am entitled to).

As to my love for Doctor Who please do not comment on something which you know nothing about and are certainly not fit to judge. My love of Doctor Who has existed since 1973 following it through the good times, the bad times, the off air years, my full collection of DVD's/videos, books, autographs, magazines (since dwm (DW weekly originally) since issue 1), toys, props, full size Dalek ect, so don't come on here with your holier than thou attitude.

My argument is simply that we are not getting what was promised. Comments such as "more DW than ever before" or "DW taking over television" shouldn't have been made if there was no intention behind them!

You may have no problem with being lied to, you may be the type of person that simply 'puts up' with whatever you're given, you may be a weak minded submissive, bully for you. But don't dare condemn me for being upset at being lied to and daring to air my complaint.

Forums are for debates and discussion (sometimes heated), we do not all agree all the time, but what we do, generally, agree on is that we all have the right to our opinions as I have a right to mine, whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delroy14 wrote: »
    60 mins for THE special does seem like a short amount of time to do any justice sooooo...... And this may be wishful thinking but 11 episodes of the Dr revisited what if these where new actual episodes one for each Dr leading up to the special where all can be resolved in 60 mins job done all happy

It would be have some classic-style episodes for the first time in nearly 25 years :)
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »
    It would be have some classic-style episodes for the first time in nearly 25 years :)

I can't speak for the BBC over here, but BBC America will be joining up Doctor Who Revisited with classic episodes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ3bbro62mg&safe=active
  • Options
    Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FYI. BBC Wales are in TVC `en mass, looking at the location and converting office space (Ex BBC Sport), for `An Adventure in Space and Time` to make it look like sixties TC offices.

Typical film crew though, being a right pain in the arse, ignoring all procedures and H&S and generally having a holier than thou attitude.

No doubt the film will be tosh, as is the current variant of Who. ;)
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Oh no! "ignoring procedures" ? The fiends! These people need locking up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Oh no! "ignoring procedures" ? The fiends! These people need locking up.

Its what we come to expect from the dahlings that make TV shows.

The BBCs procedures are there for a purpose, to ensure that no on gets hurt, or worse, dies, as a result of fly by night activities of film or production crews.

Remember the Late Late Breakfast Show?

Indeed, someome could get locked up if they cause an accident.

And as YOU have no idea what regs are being breached (as I haven`t` told you) I sugget you wind your neck in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Object Z wrote: »

The BBCs procedures are there for a purpose, to ensure that no on gets hurt, or worse, dies, as a result of fly by night activities of film or production crews.

And as YOU have no idea what regs are being breached (as I haven`t` told you) I sugget you wind your neck in.

If you're going to criticise those people say something more than just "ignoring procedures". Did they fail to fill out a form of some kind or did they actually do something along the lines of the tragedy you mention?

I spent many happy years in the civil service and learnt the difference between reckless indifference to safety / welfare and the getting of jobs done by sensible types.

Some of the worst abuses of actual welfare I saw were done by prissy madams who knew all the procedures.

Tell us what they did wrong. Not just that they failed to follow an unspecified procedure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    If you're going to criticise those people say something more than just "ignoring procedures". Did they fail to fill out a form of some kind or did they actually do something along the lines of the tragedy you mention?

I spent many happy years in the civil service and learnt the difference between reckless indifference to safety / welfare and the getting of jobs done by sensible types.

Some of the worst abuses of actual welfare I saw were done by prissy madams who knew all the procedures.

Tell us what they did wrong. Not just that they failed to follow an unspecified procedure.

I can tell you that today some of the crew were removed from site, but as its all very political, I can't say why yet on a public forum.

I am sure it wont effect the production in long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can tell you that today some of the crew were removed from site, but as its all very political, I can't say why yet on a public forum.

That's more like it! Turns out they actually were fiends. Sorry to have doubted you. Many apologies.

No worries about lack of exact detail - nobody would expect that.

*winds neck in for once*

:o
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all then, if you can't actually tell us something!
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You Steven Moffatt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    I stated certain facts and then my opinion (which I am entitled to).

As to my love for Doctor Who please do not comment on something which you know nothing about and are certainly not fit to judge. My love of Doctor Who has existed since 1973 following it through the good times, the bad times, the off air years, my full collection of DVD's/videos, books, autographs, magazines (since dwm (DW weekly originally) since issue 1), toys, props, full size Dalek ect, so don't come on here with your holier than thou attitude.

My argument is simply that we are not getting what was promised. Comments such as "more DW than ever before" or "DW taking over television" shouldn't have been made if there was no intention behind them!

You may have no problem with being lied to, you may be the type of person that simply 'puts up' with whatever you're given, you may be a weak minded submissive, bully for you. But don't dare condemn me for being upset at being lied to and daring to air my complaint.

Forums are for debates and discussion (sometimes heated), we do not all agree all the time, but what we do, generally, agree on is that we all have the right to our opinions as I have a right to mine, whether you like it or not.

You missed my point, but never mind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI. BBC Wales are in TVC `en mass, looking at the location and converting office space (Ex BBC Sport), for `An Adventure in Space and Time` to make it look like sixties TC offices.

Typical film crew though, being a right pain in the arse, ignoring all procedures and H&S and generally having a holier than thou attitude.

No doubt the film will be tosh, as is the current variant of Who. ;)

I work in TV and take exception to the way you describe people in my profession like that

They would most certainly NOT ignore H&S - quite the opposite.

As someone who works my backside off to make TV as good as I can, I find this sort of attitude deeply insulting.

Viewers often have NO idea what hard work and effort and sometimes tears goes into making TV shows. Show some respect. Absolutely appalled by this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Disgusting

You're just spreading rumours. It's hugely insulting to the people working on the production to slander them in this way and then claim "Oh, I can't talk about it"

Appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No producer in their right mind would allow this kind of behaviour from a crew, and none would ever display it

I'm disgusted by this. Absolutely disgusted. You are spreading gossip and lies about people with a disgusting attitude.

"Its what we come to expect from the dahlings that make TV shows." - How insulting

If you're going to spread drivel like this, name names. Or stop dragging people through the mud without any evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sohoguy wrote: »
    I work in TV and take exception to the way you describe people in my profession like that

They would most certainly NOT ignore H&S - quite the opposite.

As someone who works my backside off to make TV as good as I can, I find this sort of attitude deeply insulting.

Viewers often have NO idea what hard work and effort and sometimes tears goes into making TV shows. Show some respect. Absolutely appalled by this.

It`s only telly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It`s only telly.

No, it's people's livelihoods.

You'd be happy for the Daily Mail to see this and publish it would you? Along with your insults about people who work in the business, labelling them all as 'darlings' in a condescending and offensive manner.

If you have worked in TV for over 30 years, you've displayed an incredible level of unprofessionalism by coming on here and denouncing a crew you merely claim to have observed and not actually been working with.

What were you exactly trying to achieve with this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:it makes me mad that we argue about dr who , well not me , its a programme to enjoy not over analyse , we are not at school are we? ax
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I'm just glad that Television Centre is still there in a recognisable form bar a few modern lights and signs, to appear in the drama looking as it did in the 60s.
    If the BBC had had their original way the site would have been unrecognisable by now, or even demolished!
    I'm really glad that they can film in the place it all really happened.
    A shame Lime Grove's gone, but you can't have everything!
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :DHm how about a kind of photo aalbum typppe epsidoe , the dr has to rember 1000 years otherwise time gets swallowed up and insstead of all ex drs popping up , there is a masssh up dr who film , saves money though a taaaad disappointing i feel ax
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as an aside, the OP's original link is no longer working
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    :mad:it makes me mad that we argue about dr who , well not me , its a programme to enjoy not over analyse , we are not at school are we? ax

They aren't arguing about Doctor Who really, they are just having some bizarre public ego display (think big cars and penis envy) about who works in TV and how important they are. In reality it is just one of those power trips on a forum, like when people know spoilers. They lay the seed, say they can't talk about it, then sit back and enjoy people being overly creepily nice, in the hope of being thrown some scraps.
  • Options
    FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They aren't arguing about Doctor Who really, they are just having some bizarre public ego display (think big cars and penis envy) about who works in TV and how important they are. In reality it is just one of those power trips on a forum, like when people know spoilers. They lay the seed, say they can't talk about it, then sit back and enjoy people being overly creepily nice, in the hope of being thrown some scraps.

I suspect some people are going to be completely appalled, disgusted, utterly appalled, outraged and appalled at your complete lack of respect for the individuals that sweat blood and tears to bring you happiness. They'll think you should show more respect, but hey ho.