Options

Real life mysteries that have intrigued and baffled you

Comments

• Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,076
    Forum Member
    Just found out that the police have possibly found where Ben Needham is Buried in Greece.

That case has always baffeled me and all the other poor missing children

Didn't the police search a building site where they thought he might have got accidentally killed in recently? They found nothing, so that case continues.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. I know there has been cases of intruders being violent over the years, but this seems very brutal. You would think that it's a decent possibility that it could have been someone local who may have known Mrs Brown.

It would also be interesting to know if there was any investigation into Mrs Brown's personal life and, if so, if anything (or anyone) turned up there...
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,296
    Forum Member
    Bump. I haven't seen this thread in a while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumpety-bump ...
  • Options
    Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I may have missed it but has this scottish case been on here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4050473.stm

This was the case of the bank manager shot at his hone in northern Scotland in 2004. Was it a customer with a grudge, if so it happened in a small town and what happened to the mysterious envelope? No apparent motive and no witnesses, very strange
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1477943/Murderer-gave-envelope-to-bank-manager-before-fatal-shots.html

A mysterious link to someone in China
    http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/New-lead-in-Wilson-murder-09092011.htm
  • Options
    Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Towie generation. WTF is up with that? :confused:
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The murder of Tupac Shakur. These are at least three theories as to who may have murdered him.

A couple of things went against Tupac on that particular night. Firstly, he wasn't wearing a bullet proof vest, usually he wore one. Secondly, his bodyguard, whom was usually in the car with him, was in another car following Tupac and Suge Knight.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The murder of Tupac Shakur. These are at least three theories as to who may have murdered him.

A couple of things went against Tupac on that particular night. Firstly, he wasn't wearing a bullet proof vest, usually he wore one. Secondly, his bodyguard, whom was usually in the car with him, was in another car following Tupac and Suge Knight.

He usually wore a bullet-proof vest? When? After the first shooting? I saw two TS documentaries and neither mentioned the bullet-proof vest issue, so I'm curious about that. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A gruesome and horrible case from 1970s America, how can someone's brain go so wrong as to do this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

John Wayne Gacy

"....an American serial killer and rapist who sexually assaulted and murdered at least 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978. Gacy buried 26 of his victims in the crawl space of his home, buried three others elsewhere on his property, and discarded the remains of his last four known victims in a nearby river. He was convicted of 33 murders and sentenced to death for 12 of these killings. He was executed in May 1994".

There may have been more.

Notice how "respectanble" he was considered to be

"Through his work with the parade, Gacy met and was photographed with then First Lady Rosalynn Carter on May 6, 1978. Rosalynn Carter signed one photo: "To John Gacy. Best wishes. Rosalynn Carter". The event later became an embarrassment to the United States Secret Service, as in the pictures taken Gacy can be seen wearing an "S" pin, indicating a person who has received a special clearance by the Secret Service".

I wonder what MI5 & MI6 knew about Jimmy Savile, he visited the Thatchers at No 10 not to mention the royals.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    I may have missed it but has this scottish case been on here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4050473.stm

This was the case of the bank manager shot at his hone in northern Scotland in 2004. Was it a customer with a grudge, if so it happened in a small town and what happened to the mysterious envelope? No apparent motive and no witnesses, very strange
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1477943/Murderer-gave-envelope-to-bank-manager-before-fatal-shots.html

A mysterious link to someone in China
    http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/New-lead-in-Wilson-murder-09092011.htm

That was a pro job. The police have information about the envlope that theyu're not releasing.

I don't think they'll ever get to the bottom of this mystery.
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    That was a pro job. The police have information about the envlope that theyu're not releasing.

The Perfect Murder is possible.

Like the Dando case it's possible to shoot someone on their doorstep on a urban street in broad daylight and get away with it.
  • Options
    Chechy NainChechy Nain Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The Perfect Murder is possible.

Like the Dando case it's possible to shoot someone on their doorstep on a urban street in broad daylight and get away with it.

Yes Dando and the murder of the Iraqi family in France. No suspects no clues.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Probably was but why kill a bank manager in a small scottish town - unless there was something in his past we don't know about.

As for Jill Dando, I still think this was some kind of revenge for the attack on the Belgrade TV station.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Dando and the murder of the Iraqi family in France. No suspects no clues.

I was thinking about the family that were killed in France the other day - are there any updates on the case?
    It was heavily reported on for about 2-3 days, then nothing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    He usually wore a bullet-proof vest? When? After the first shooting? I saw two TS documentaries and neither mentioned the bullet-proof vest issue, so I'm curious about that. Thanks.

It was on '2 Pac - Final 24: His Final Hours'. When he returned back to the hotel, after the fight, to get changed, he had a conversation with his friend Castro, who said, "I think you should wear your vest tonight", Tupac replied with, "Na, don't wanna wear my vest tonight - it's too hot". His cousin (Jamala Lesane), who was also at the hotel, said, "Normally he wouldn't leave without it".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember reading about the case a little while back - very interesting. Are there any theories as to why he was murdered?
  • Options
    heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread, glad it got bumped. However I do find reading it alone and in the dark quite unsettling. :o
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading about the case a little while back - very interesting. Are there any theories as to why he was murdered?

Perhaps it's just as simple as someone getting into a mess with owing the bank money. Whoever it was turned up to offer some money in the envelope and the bank manger refused it.

Also, with regards to Jill Dando. One theory I've heard is that a video tape of child abuse involving a politician and North Wales care homes was sent to Crimewatch. A cover-up was set in motion but Jill wouldn't let it drop.
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies if it has been brought up before, but the Moorgate Train Crash in 1975 was never explained. Mechanical failure, sudden illness of the driver, and consumation of alcohol were all ruled out and the driver had no reason to commit suicide.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was on '2 Pac - Final 24: His Final Hours'. When he returned back to the hotel, after the fight, to get changed, he had a conversation with his friend Castro, who said, "I think you should wear your vest tonight", Tupac replied with, "Na, don't wanna wear my vest tonight - it's too hot". His cousin (Jamala Lesane), who was also at the hotel, said, "Normally he wouldn't leave without it".

Thanks for that. I'll have to watch it. The ones I saw are Tupac Shakur: Thug Angel and Tupac: Resurrection. (I like watching music- and murder-related documentaries. :D)
  • Options
    gem2626gem2626 Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Those mental swedish twins who ran out into traffic on the motorway and survived.
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The case of Billie Jo Jenkins...i wonder if it will ever be solved and two other child murder cases

Kate Bushell in 1997 as she walked a neighbours dog and the babes in the wood case in Brighton in 1986

i hope that the case of Claudia Lawrence will be solved as we approach four years since she disappeared.
  • Options
    humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    Probably was but why kill a bank manager in a small scottish town - unless there was something in his past we don't know about.

As for Jill Dando, I still think this was some kind of revenge for the attack on the Belgrade TV station.

Been thinking about Inverness one again. Very odd. I still think it was a pro job. The only evidence against that is the weapon used yet it did the job. The killer knew where all the CCTV cameras where in the village and he had a careful escape route planned. The problem is the police cannot find any kind of dirt on the bank manager. There is totally no motive. It will never be solved.
    The envelope info has not been revealed as it was "something only the killer would know" and would be used a trial. My guess is that the envelope was addressed to someone else. The bank manager was mentioned by name though.
  • Options
    humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom
    Interesting read. Odd that are few child murders or pedophilia related stuff until much later in the 20th century. Is this because it was undereported in Victorian times or just that it did not happen?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,296
    Forum Member
    gem2626 wrote: »
    Those mental swedish twins who ran out into traffic on the motorway and survived.

Yes i remember seeing something about them on TV.