Comments

• Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »

I'm trying to work out which is dafter. The fact that Stoke have spent that much at all, the fact that Villa have spent that despite receiving 63 million for three of their players (and are still shit) or the sheer gulf between 1st, 2nd and the rest. ****ing ridiculous.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »

:D:D:D:D at Arsenal! :D:D

That table sums up why Arsenal won't win the league anytime soon, you need a certain level of investment if you are going to improve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC must use the same table as the Premier League then because they have done exactly the same. Man Utd haven't bothered to update it yet :D

That's even odder. I just checked, the one by the side of the main page is also showing the 13 point gap yet the main one (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html) has the correct lead. Bizarre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess our position in that table, is helped by that rather large cheque we got for a certain player? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    That's even odder. I just checked, the one by the side of the main page is also showing the 13 point gap yet the main one (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html) has the correct lead. Bizarre.

It doesn't really matter, as it will be 13 soon enough anyway. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't really matter, as it will be 13 soon enough anyway. ;)

Or it could be 4. Either is possible by Monday week. No point getting cocky given what happened last year... :eek:
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it could be 4. Either is possible by Monday week. No point getting cocky given what happened last year... :eek:

Chances of that happening again are very low. We have Vidic back, we have RVP, and Fergie seems to have shunned the Carrick/Scholes axis that sent shivers down every spine of every red every time they played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chances of that happening again are very low. We have Vidic back, we have RVP, and Fergie seems to have shunned the Carrick/Scholes axis that sent shivers down every spine of every red every time they played.

All true. However we have many opportunities to **** this up starting next week at home to Everton who are always tough. We should have enough but I don't want to get cocky. If we do well in the next couple of weeks then we have a shot at the double/treble depending on your ambition. On the other hand we could lose the lot.

Oh and if Betfred try to payout early again, I may just kill someone.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Come on livepool (feel dirty saying that)
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be really surprised if LFC get anything today gut here's hoping lol
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I dont mind too much, we keep doing our job and their slip ups will come. Its just nice to sit back and watch knowing that worst case scenario is still 7 points clear tonight!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is not being cocky, it is just living life as an optermist, rather than a pessamist, that is all. ;)
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,976
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I dont mind too much, we keep doing our job and their slip ups will come. Its just nice to sit back and watch knowing that worst case scenario is still 7 points clear tonight!!

Yeah the thought of been 7 points clear tonight is an appealing one so i'm not too concerned about City's match today although it would be nice if Liverpool did us favour.

All we have to do is concentrate on our own games, next weeks game against Everton at Old Trafford will be difficult and is one of the games were we could drop points like last season. The next 6 games before we play City at Old Trafford could be important we need to get as many points as possible to ensure we have a healthy lead at the top regardless of the result in the Derby.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    It's at least nice to be 10 points clear for longer than about 2 hours as was the case last time. It's at least 23 hours this time! :D
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking last night while watching the second half it can't be too much longer before Valencia and Nani find some form surely. With Nani he has just come back from a long lay off but I think Valencia is suffering from a loss of confidence.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,976
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »
    I was thinking last night while watching the second half it can't be too much longer before Valencia and Nani find some form surely. With Nani he has just come back from a long lay off but I think Valencia is suffering from a loss of confidence.

I think it is a confidence thing with Valencia because when he is at his best he is a fantastic player, i think he will come back stronger next season. As for Nani he could find some form but i think it is just in his make up to be inconsistent i hope he proves me wrong but i can't see him improving much and with his contract up at the end of the season i think he will be leaving us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Nani of this season is no better than the Nani we signed, and i cant be doing with that. He cares nothing for the team.

I dont care if by "hitting form" he can out run and out-trick 5 defenders because I know at the crucial moment he will only be looking for the thing that makes him look good - a shot from a daft angle or a hollywood pass, or if hes beaten, an opportunity to hit the deck. He will pick the 35 yard shot over slipping his man in 9 times out of 10. On the off chance 1 in 50 go in it looks brilliant but the 49 that go in the stand could have created more goals if the unselfish option is chosen.

The fact of the matter is he is only half the player he thinks he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have all been here before, and will do again many times again before the end of the season with Nani, the sme things just keep on getting said, he is what he is, there is no changing that now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Begovic story is all over the media again today, it does seem to have some legs. £9m apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    The Begovic story is all over the media again today, it does seem to have some legs. £9m apparently.

The press have to write something, as they love a good transfer story, I cannot see any truth in it, De Gea isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Begovic won't want the Andes role, so what would be the point in signing him? None, so it just doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-will-sign-9m-stoke-1572153

The problem I have with this sort of 'journalism' is that the author clearly has no idea what they are talking about...
    England Under-21 keeper Ben Amos, on loan at Hull City in the Championship, will be brought back to Old Trafford.

That's weird because for some reason I thought he was already back, hence being on our bench yesterday...

The media continuing with a story means nothing, if it did then the likes of Wanyama and Strootman would be playing for us.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Man City lose, or at least draw today. Liverpool usually raise their overall game against the top sides, and are due a win over a side in the top half of the league, so hopefully they aren't brushed aside today.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can honestly see Liverpool either getting something or completely rolling over :p
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Wonder if that will stop any players from doing their random spitting, if it might be deemed to be in the direction of another player?!

It's a disgusting habit and unfortunate that the camera always seem to be on a player when they spit (Rooney does it a lot) but I don't think that player was aiming AT the Spurs player, he just did it probably from habit after he walked off.

And a WBA sub has just run on the pitch and the first thing he did when the camera was on him - was spit!
    He's just run on the pitch!
This discussion has been closed.