Options

Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday afternoon - a nice cup of tea and Strictly Showstoppers "Best of the Rest".

Those of you who take the Sunday Express will have seen Lorraine Kelly's favourite photograph which is of the Red Nose trekkers.

Yes Silversandy, enjoyed seeing Lorraine Kelly,s Favourite Photo.
  • Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMW1963 wrote: »
    Thanks Wingi , a great report.:D

I do hope that he gets a good celeb next series and he can get the shout-outs for his teaching and choreo, rather than his chesticles!

I couldn't agree more with your comment wingi ....that's what we want to see, his dancing,teaching & choreography do the talking , being the gentleman that he is however he just goes along with the fun. :)

I agree as well SMW it is his dancing, choreo and teaching that are his bread and butter [although we do admire his attributes].
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said what I felt about Artem on the tour. He was grinning and bearing all the shirt pulling-back stuff. That's because he is a true professional in all he does. Dancing, choreography & teaching. Of course we loved it all but I too would have preferred more of him in an elegant suit doing a VW or AS as well.:)
    I know I am biased but he is the best IMO and I just really hope he won't have any problems coping with Lisa and lifts etc. during the long Strictly Confidential tour. I think the 4 of them will be exhausted!!
    As for the patter from judges - that must get very tiring to listen to after a while, although the night I was there Bruno was defo. on something.....Some new faces on the judging panel would be good, on SCD as well but that doesn't seem likely. They like the money.....
    Wonder if there will be any changes to the pro. line-up next series? Plenty time to worry about that.;)
  • Options
    SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

He's "Simply The Best" ;):D

Just Gorgeous !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's "Simply The Best" ;):D

Just Gorgeous !!

LOL...if you like that type.... ;):D
  • Options
    SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL...if you like that type.... ;):D

:D:D:D:D

And that gorgeous Russian accent !! ;)
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    KAbell wrote: »
    I said what I felt about Artem on the tour. He was grinning and bearing all the shirt pulling-back stuff. That's because he is a true professional in all he does. Dancing, choreography & teaching. Of course we loved it all but I too would have preferred more of him in an elegant suit doing a VW or AS as well.:)
    I know I am biased but he is the best IMO and I just really hope he won't have any problems coping with Lisa and lifts etc. during the long Strictly Confidential tour. I think the 4 of them will be exhausted!!
    As for the patter from judges - that must get very tiring to listen to after a while, although the night I was there Bruno was defo. on something.....Some new faces on the judging panel would be good, on SCD as well but that doesn't seem likely. They like the money.....
    Wonder if there will be any changes to the pro. line-up next series? Plenty time to worry about that.;)

I was very negative about Strictly Confidential yesterday. Having watched Strictly Showstoppers again, I am looking forward to seeing Natalie and Ian Dancing. Also, I am really looking forward to hearing what Artem has to say about his life as a dancer. Praying that he choreographs routines that suit Lisa's personality and ability.

In two weeks time I will be going to see Brendan in his show Licence to Thrill. Really enjoyed watching him dancing with Lisa Snowdon and Kelly Brookes. With a talented partner Brendan is excellent.

Watched the Best of the Rest. Four Kara and Artem dances and one Holly and Artem. Loved them.
  • Options
    denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou69 wrote: »
    I am like you Silversandy I just cannot make sense of the pairing of Lisa with Artem. It might work out OK, I hope it does for their sake.
    I was thinking of going to Aberdeen to see it as I have cousins up there, but it is 200 milesfrom where I live, not that it is a problem,I would go by train. When I spoke to my cousin she said 'I won,t be going to that I don,t like Lisa', so I thought to myself, that,s it then.I must add she is a great Strictly Fan.

There are three of us going from the thread Lou if yo want to really go give Williag 43 a shout. :regarding our seats etc . We usually have to travel 200 mies to see anything so this is a lovely plus :cool:
    I'm not sure what to expect apart from a little heart palpitation :D as regards filling the venues I'm sure if the advance bookings are not to their liking they will pull certain venues but ...if the turn out for the tour is anything to go by I reckon anything connected to strictly is a winner :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carrying on from my previous post, Strictly Confidential and SCD Live are two entirely different shows. People go to see SCD Live to see the routines performed during SCD the TV show. It would be such a shame if Artem is expected to dance the routines Lisa danced with Robin. I would like to see completely new routines choreographed for the stage. Only Craig knows what he has in mind for the theatre tour.
  • Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »
    Hang on to your hats ..... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVzq5FlJfV8
    Thank you Wingi much appreciated. Pleased to read you enjoyed the show.

Wingi's Report

O2 Saturday Matinee 2nd February 2013

Hi everyone!

Here is a very brief report as I’ve got loads to do today.

I really enjoyed the show. It’s the third year that I’ve been and it seemed much slicker this year. It also seemed very short compared to the marathon event at Wembley in November, when we went in about 2.30 and didn’t leave until after 11!

We had much better seats this year as I knew about buying them early. The audience seemed quite tame compared to Wembley, but this could have been down to no warm-up guy or because there were a lot of children in the audience. Anyway, we made our usual amount of noise!

Going on noise, Louis was obviously the crowd’s favourite, followed by Denise and then Michael.

N.B. Can’t remember the correct order!

Lisa and Robin (ChaCha and Foxtrot) – they danced first and didn’t really seem to be the public’s favourite. Lisa fell on her backside in the first dance but just got up and carried on. She seemed much less irritating and annoying than she did on TV and at Wembley so I’m hoping this is a good omen for Strictly Confidential!

Michael and Natalie (Samba? and AS) – they seemed very popular with the audience. Michael has an easy persona to relate to and the ‘competition’ with Tuffers adds to this. Their AS is always lovely to watch.

Fern and Artem (Salsa and VW) – Fern’s dancing has improved and she also seems comfortable in the group dances. Her VW dress is a beautiful sparkly silver grey and they danced this very well. It’s such a shame that her AS got scuppered by the Halloween theme week because I’m sure Artem would have choreographed her a much better suited Fred and Ginge type dance. They woz robbed!!!! I got the feeling yesterday that quite a lot of their support was actually support for Artem. I certainly wasn’t the only person shouting every time his name was mentioned.

Tuffers and Karen (AS? and his ‘iconic’ Salsa!) – Tuffers was very funny and gave it a go. I know that he had missed the previous night’s performance but it was difficult to tell how much of his illness was genuine in the show as he is scripted to get supported/helped up by Artem a few times. He did look rough though!

Dani and Pasha (Tango and Fusion) – I think that she is the most improved dancer since the live show. Obviously repeating the same few dances is a large part of this but she does look a lot better dancing with Pasha. I thought that she often looked clumsy in her dances with V, but she seems more refined and graceful looking with Pasha. They didn’t seem particularly popular with the audience.

Denise and James (Jive and Charleston) – they did the two best dances of the show and their jokey, bantering relationship came over well for one afternoon. They did seem very popular with the crowd and, to be honest, I would have liked them to have had a win. My friend, who is much less obsessive than me i.e. just watches the programme, agreed with me but followed it with “but I could never vote for James”. I was a bit shocked – I guess he really is a handicap for a good celeb! After both dances Kate handed Denise a bottle of water which she was gulping down whilst the judges did their bit, so I guess she’s still suffering her chest infection. A number of them did sound a bit snuffily!

Louis and Ola (Fusion and Dirty Dancing) – Wow, this boy has developed so much as a performer since the show started. He is now very at ease with a crowd. When you think back to those first stilted appearances in September there has been amazing personal growth, never mind the dancing! The two dances yesterday were lovely but they messed up the final DD lift, but just did it again when the music stopped. I have to say that they look lovely dancing together. I think he’s had a wonderful experience of Strictly – Flavia’s brilliant teaching and choreo, then winning, and then the chance to dance with Ola. There’s something about Ola – I don’t rate her choreo and am not convinced about her teaching, but she is such a brilliant dance partner. (I thought that she and Artem looked lovely dancing together in the ‘snow’ pro dance that Natalie choreographed near the end of the series.)

Artem – he looked happy and relaxed all through the show. He is just such a beautiful dancer. I was watching him all the time he was on (no surprise there, then!). Craig praised his VW choreo. He looked fine with the scripted ‘perving about his chest’ bits but I was pleased that Kate did acknowledge that they were objectifying him. I do hope that he gets a good celeb next series and he can get the shout-outs for his teaching and choreo, rather than his chesticles!
    Fern begging for votes. Artem seems happy enough

fyjw34.jpg

Roadie boys thank you for the snippet of our Gorgeous man and his magnificent body , and Pashulty we do love that kind of thing , he is truly the BEST.

Thank you silversandy for bringing over a great report from Wingi ,we really do appreciate letting us have the chance to see it Wingi .

In once sense I do agree with what has been said by one ot two ,that what we would have liked to have seen Artem with a more able partner than Fern ,as we think he has been wasted with his last two SCD partners , but he is the first to accept that being on SCD is the best job in the world and top dancers all would love to have the chance to take part, and it is his job to dance with who ever he is chosen to dance with and do his best for them , that is what he told my SiL and I when we told him we hoped he always got the best in the future .So while we all think it is a talent being wasted , he has no problem coping with it , if the person is trying their utmost , it takes a great man to ajust to the challenge and keep smiling .

We may feel uncomfortable watching how Fern is begging for votes by unveiling his Chesticles , but I dont think it worrys him at all , he really does have a wonerful sense of humour and enjoys a wee bit of admiration of his spectacular body , and we know how he wears his feelings on his face and in those wonderful eyes , and his one weakness is he cant hide his disappointment if he feels it , bless him , so I have come to the conclusion he is enjoying himself , and if he is happy then so am I .

Having said all this , I do hope he gets a good partner next year , and that dancing with Lisa in S C is trouble free, I would not think that he will be asked to lift her or do silly moves so that he gets any more injuries .

I did notice that you mentioned six nights in Sheffield for Strictly Confidential show silversandy , but I was given only two dates the 27th & 28thJuly , with three shows, one on sat and two on sunday , perhaps there have been more added on to the run .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes , dont forget that accent .:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    I did notice that you mentioned six nights in Sheffield for Strictly Confidential show silversandy , but I was given only two dates the 27th & 28thJuly , with three shows, one on sat and two on sunday , perhaps there have been more added on to the run .

I lost my internet connection half way through listing the dates and venues for Strictly Confidential.

23 - 26 July is Blackpool

and as you say 27 and 28 July Sheffield.

Sorry for misleading you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are three of us going from the thread Lou if yo want to really go give Williag 43 a shout. :regarding our seats etc . We usually have to travel 200 mies to see anything so this is a lovely plus :cool:
    I'm not sure what to expect apart from a little heart palpitation :D as regards filling the venues I'm sure if the advance bookings are not to their liking they will pull certain venues but ...if the turn out for the tour is anything to go by I reckon anything connected to strictly is a winner :)

According to the interview with Craig on breakfast TV , he said the bookings for all the venues for the SCD tour have never been as good with full houses for the shows , so hope its the same for Strictly Confidential although I doubt that all seven thousand seats will be sold at the city hall in Sheffield ,in the middle of the holiday season .
  • Options
    marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roadie boys thank you for the snippet of our Gorgeous man and his magnificent body , and Pashulty we do love that kind of thing , he is truly the BEST.

Thank you silversandy for bringing over a great report from Wingi ,we really do appreciate letting us have the chance to see it Wingi .

In once sense I do agree with what has been said by one ot two ,that what we would have liked to have seen Artem with a more able partner than Fern ,as we think he has been wasted with his last two SCD partners , but he is the first to accept that being on SCD is the best job in the world and top dancers all would love to have the chance to take part, and it is his job to dance with who ever he is chosen to dance with and do his best for them , that is what he told my SiL and I when we told him we hoped he always got the best in the future .So while we all think it is a talent being wasted , he has no problem coping with it , if the person is trying their utmost , it takes a great man to ajust to the challenge and keep smiling .

We may feel uncomfortable watching how Fern is begging for votes by unveiling his Chesticles , but I dont think it worrys him at all , he really does have a wonerful sense of humour and enjoys a wee bit of admiration of his spectacular body , and we know how he wears his feelings on his face and in those wonderful eyes , and his one weakness is he cant hide his disappointment if he feels it , bless him , so I have come to the conclusion he is enjoying himself , and if he is happy then so am I .

Having said all this , I do hope he gets a good partner next year , and that dancing with Lisa in S C is trouble free, I would not think that he will be asked to lift her or do silly moves so that he gets any more injuries .

I so agree with you, Yungathart, about Fern - I couldn't believe my ears when Artem's name was called out to be her partner :eek:
    But, I read that, because of all the negative publicity he received last year with Holly, Artem is supposed to have gone to the producers to ask for a less high profile partner this time round.
    I was really hoping he'd get someone like Victoria Pendleton who I thought could easily have been a contender. It just shows how wrong you can be!

Holly was, I think, considered to be a possible winner - it's not always easy to judge dancing talent in advance. I don't think he was wasted with her - I think she had the potential, but just
    not the will or the ability to really work at trying to be the best. All the little details like bent knees when her legs should have been ramrod straight just didn't seem to come easily to her.
    Plus, of course, she was really too big for him - they didn't look right together, IMO.

That said, roll on next year and I hope he has a partner who he can really bring the best out of (oops, grammar!)
    I can't wait until Tuesday to get to Wembley to see the show and will try to post a report - but I'm afraid there won't be any photographs! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweet from Artem

Artem Chigvintsev‏@artemchigvintse

Thank you everyone for coming and supporting us at the O2 you where brilliant
  • Options
    AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cute tweet from Kara in answer to Artems. Don't know how to copy over but she replies 'boom boom' to his thanking everyone for support and coming to see shows at 02. Cute.!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It didn't say Kara was at the O2. In reply to people tweeting her Kara replied that said she saw the show in Liverpool.

What did you think of the skating tonight AmSalt12. Ridiculous result IMO.
  • Options
    AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't say whether she was at the O2 or not does it.

I would gather she's at home?

Not happy as Matt isn't in DOI !!!

Loved Dan and Beths routine. He is an amazing skater alongside Matt, always love his routines.

I jumped when Matt slipped, and a bit shocked Shane out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    I would gather she's at home?

Not happy as Matt isn't in DOI !!!

Loved Dan and Beths routine. He is an amazing skater alongside Matt, always love his routines.

I jumped when Matt slipped, and a bit shocked Shane out.

Just like SCD the GBP keep in the rubbish dancers/skaters. Joe and Samia should have been in the bottom two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very negative about Strictly Confidential yesterday. Having watched Strictly Showstoppers again, I am looking forward to seeing Natalie and Ian Dancing. Also, I am really looking forward to hearing what Artem has to say about his life as a dancer. Praying that he choreographs routines that suit Lisa's personality and ability.

In two weeks time I will be going to see Brendan in his show Licence to Thrill. Really enjoyed watching him dancing with Lisa Snowdon and Kelly Brookes. With a talented partner Brendan is excellent.

Watched the Best of the Rest. Four Kara and Artem dances and one Holly and Artem. Loved them.

This is the second time that I have tried to post about the Best of the Rest, I had just finished and clicked on submit when I lost connection , so here goes again .

Thank goodness for the Kara and Artem ,and the Holly and Artem dances on the Best of the Rest otherwise the DVD would have been a waste of money . For me there have been a few standout dances that stick in my mind over the years , one was Jill and Darrens Jive , and then there was Mark and Karen and Colin and Erin's quickstep, Tom and Camila, doing their final dance , and although not a winner the marvelous Paso by Austin and Erin , . When Kara and Artem joined the show their dancing was a revalation and many of their dances stand out , their AS at Blackpool and the VW ,the A Tango, the Paso ,and Tango all come to mind as favourites but of all SCD dances their Rumba, and VW, AS and Jill and Darrens Jive are for me the TOP dances of all time , regardless of what Len thinks .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is the second time that I have tried to post about the Best of the Rest, I had just finished and clicked on submit when I lost connection , so here goes again .

Thank goodness for the Kara and Artem ,and the Holly and Artem dances on the Best of the Rest otherwise the DVD would have been a waste of money . For me there have been a few standout dances that stick in my mind over the years , one was Jill and Darrens Jive , and then there was Mark and Karen and Colin and Erin's quickstep, Tom and Camila, doing their final dance , and although not a winner the marvelous Paso by Austin and Erin , . When Kara and Artem joined the show their dancing was a revalation and many of their dances stand out , their AS at Blackpool and the VW ,the A Tango, the Paso ,and Tango all come to mind as favourites but of all SCD dances their Rumba, and VW, AS and Jill and Darrens Jive are for me the TOP dances of all time , regardless of what Len thinks .

I was seething when Len dismissed the American Smooth by K&A. It was just the choreography he said dismissively. It was lovely to see The Best of the Rest without any discussion by the judges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you Pashulty;)

Doesn't Artem look tired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't say Kara was at the O2. In reply to people tweeting her Kara replied that said she saw the show in Liverpool.

The results remind me of the Ann Widdecome factor, neither of the skateoff pair should have been in it ,they both skated so well, I did think that Beth pulled out all the stops tonight she did surprise me as she has not shown much personality before . However funny Joe is and I know he tries so hard , he is not up to the standard of the others , and I do not want to hear of all his bodily functions whether they work or not , enough is enough at least we were spared that with Ann thank god .
This discussion has been closed.