Options

Richard lll : The King in the Carpark C4 Monday

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the Sculptress just burst out laughing.........
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why everyone became fixated on the arse I dont know lol.

because they hear what they want to hear, without looking at the actual stab wound on the skeleton:(
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    I watched this because I wanted to see the content but it's one of the worst documentaries I've seen. The presenter is like something off an Armstrong and Miller sketch. And that Phillipa woman - urrrrgggghhh.

Thank goodness Lewis was on the other side to keep me sane.

The presenter is Simon Farnaby of Horrible Histories - I think it's great that he's involved in this (though for a minute there I did wonder if they'd have to change the words of the Richard the Third song a bit!)
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    I don't recall us ever covering Richard III in history lessons at primary or secondary school. We only ever did Henry VIII and Queen Victoria when it came to the royals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does the face of a tyrant look like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting historical find. Dodgy programme.

(Unless it's a big fat hoax.) ;)
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    agreed, listening seems to be a lost skill
    because they hear what they want to hear, without looking at the actual stab wound on the skeleton:(

We're just having a bit of a larf.:)
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it couldn't have been some bloke who got into a pub carpark fight and somehow got buried in there.?
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    agreed, listening seems to be a lost skill

You what? eh?
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    He looks like the short prince in Shrek.

Yup, that character was deffo based on R3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep! Lord Farquaad! That's him!
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Careful! I know a woman who will be monitoring this thread and taking names.

And paying people a visit! Hide your bunnies now!
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tony Blair.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall us ever covering Richard III in history lessons at primary or secondary school. We only ever did Henry VIII and Queen Victoria when it came to the royals.

You were lucky all I got at primary school was World War 2 and Secondary it was the Vikings.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a direct descendant of Edward I (19th great-grandfather)...and my 13th great-grandmother is Elizabeth Woodville who married King Edward IV...does my DNA count at all in this?

Only if it's an unbroken female lineal descent.
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    You lot are so negative, this is a great achievement for Phillipa, no one thought it would happen but she stuck with this for years and now its paid off. I am sure through all her studying him, she feels some kind of bond with his story. I think its a great discovery, but then I would say that I studied history for my masters :p

I think it's a fabulous discovery but they've done "history" no great service with this particular style of documentary. I have no idea why they've chosen to treat it as a bit of a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    Tony Blair.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Derek Branning?
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the sublime of this morning press briefing to the somewhat ridiculous documentary this evening.
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Videostar wrote: »
    I guess it couldn't have been some bloke who got into a pub carpark fight and somehow got buried in there.?

The loser of the 1982 league darts match, pi$$ed up on white lightning and too many JPS got run over by a De Lorean
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the sublime of this morning press briefing to the somewhat ridiculous documentary this evening.

Quite staggering:(
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

totally whoever hired the kiddies presenter and edited it should stick to teletubbies
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    That woman is distinctly odd to say the very least. I just could not get that upset about an ancient set of bones. Weird.

Not even with all that history attcached to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You were lucky all I got at primary school was World War 2 and Secondary it was the Vikings.

We got WW2 in secondary school and went to the fabulous Eden Camp museum in Yorkshire as part of it. We did a bit of local history in primary school which I really enjoyed and it's probably that knowledge that has stayed with me more than anything.:o
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was hard work...digging the bones of history,archeology, science out of a dogs breakfast of puerile humour and the histrionics of an obsessive :rolleyes:

You could almost see the academics having to stop themselves going :D:eek::mad: or grabbing for the puke bucket...still I guess if you pay for the gig you get to star in it as well :mad:
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    Yup, that character was deffo based on R3

You're absolutely right.
    I really should have said it the other way around, the Shrek prince looks like the mockup. Don't know why I didn't twig it would be based on Richard lll.Ta!