Options

Durabrand TV's

I brought a durabrand 28 inch widescreen tv for £150 from asda today, is durabrand any good or will it blow up in 1 years time????

Comments

• Options
    HelixHelix Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure on durabrand but its anything like the 28" Widescreen Pacific TVs then it won't last long. We had a pacific which we got about 4/5 years ago now and it stopped working after a year. The really strange thing was that once our model of TV had sold out we never saw it in there again until a year after when ours went wrong it seemed to be that asda knew it was going to happen. Anyway we got a replacement of the same model and this went wrong within a year as well then we got it replaced with a bush which lasted 15mins before the tuner went. In the end we got a refund and got a samsung from john lewis which has been excellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a Durabrand portable tv/dvd combo.

Quality was pretty rubbish. Pic/sound quality was poor and it fell to bits within 6 months. Took it back and got a refund. Not impressed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    My old Pacific lasted three years before it went wrong (but I still had a three year guarantee at that time), and it's Durabrand replacement has been absolutely fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    i had one before i went to lcd , i still say for the price you cant be robbed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Durabrand is just a badge, it will be made by some other oufit.

At that money, it aint worth worrying over....

It has to good be good value if it only lasts a years warranty time.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most faults in TVs end up being simple faults.

The switch on my 6 year old Goodmans was the culprit on mine (went up in smoke due to a looose joint.)
    A DIY job with a soldering iron thankfully.

Seems most sets, Philips Sony incuded have fault traits.
  • Options
    SucmedicSucmedic Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Durabrand are the same as Beko. Insider info. Not fantastic but what do you expect for the price? You can't go wrong if its just a bedroom TV or a temporary set, or of course, you just arent bothered! LOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sucmedic wrote:
    You can't go wrong if its just a bedroom TV

Thats exactly what i thought when I bought our one.

When I got rid of it when it broke down three months later I just spent the extra tenner and got a better TV.