Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 - US Pace - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've already seen the flashforward where a grim Walt buys the assault rifle in the diner. Also he's coughing again which suggests the cancer is back. That doesn't suggest a happy ending for Walt ...
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps Hank will let Walt know that he knows forcing 'Heisenberg' to bump off Hank ?
    that might explain why Walt's on the run, although god knows what he needs a machine gun of that size for!
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finaly caught up with a great download of all the episodes 1-8 and it did not fail I can't decide if it is my favorite series :)
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't help but think walk will have to pay for his crimes by either skyler or, more likely, walt jr being killed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Read over on TWOP that someone was standing watching the Whites house during filming apparently looked deserted and windows boarded up etc, police tape around the house... Wonder if it's true what that means? Someone in the White family is murdered perhaps? Hank immediately on Walt's case?

Read at your own peril..

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3194007&st=330
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which channel (if any) shows this in the UK? and is there anywhere I can watch all the seasons?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Which channel (if any) shows this in the UK? and is there anywhere I can watch all the seasons?

Legally?

FX showed S1 and Ch 5(5 USA) showed S2. No broadcaster has picked up the other seasons. You can watch it on Netflix. They do a month Free Trial. Never used it myself so.....?
  • Options
    thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    You can watch it all on Netflix and they are now effectively the UK broadcaster for Breaking Bad getting the latest season only a few months after the US. For me it is good quality on Netflix and worth it just for Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @barnsleykeith @thetvking Thanks for that, am I right in saying that you need a credit card to sign up?
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I think will happen:

Hank will start to play back the previous year's events in his mind and start to notice more and more clues that Walt was involved in the recent drugs activity. The obvious one was the school equipment being stolen back at the beginning. He will then link Jessie to him. I think you will then have Hank undertaking a secret investigation of Walk and Jessie as he won't want to officially implicate his brother in law until he has evidence. This was cause friction at work as he's obviously not meant to be conducting investigations any more and also with his history with Jessie he shouldn't be near him.

In theory, Hank and Jessie shouldn't have much trouble staying out of the meth business as they've no motivation to go back and pretty much everyone involved is dead. The only remaining links are Saul and the guys there were selling the meth to, I doubt that either will want to mess with 'Heisenberg'.

All I can think off is that maybe Walt Jnr finds out about everything and leaves to go and live with Hank. This leads Skylar to finally leave Walt and combined with Hank snooping around it leads him to a downwards spiral.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    I think he will look for more solid proof than a name in a book. Now that Walt is built up a small fortune, he may quit the drug business. Since Walt has quit, he will find it harder to get proof. Jess will take Walts place, which will drag Walt back in. I think Jess and Walt will walk away from the whole business, rich,happy and free men.

I think the ending will be Walt v Jessie. Jessie will somehow find out about his girlfriend or the Lily of the Valley episode and finally turn on his mentor Walt!
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    I think the ending will be Walt v Jessie. Jessie will somehow find out about his girlfriend or the Lily of the Valley episode and finally turn on his mentor Walt!

I cant see Jessie turning on Walt because of what happened in the Lily of the valley episode. Jessie and Walt seem to tight. They may argue and fall out, but they each have the others back when it comes down to it.
  • Options
    thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    @barnsleykeith @thetvking Thanks for that, am I right in saying that you need a credit card to sign up?

Not a credit card but yes, at least a debit card.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    I cant see Jessie turning on Walt because of what happened in the Lily of the valley episode. Jessie and Walt seem to tight. They may argue and fall out, but they each have the others back when it comes down to it.

I'm not sure, as if Jesse (somehow) finds out about it, he will see it as the ultimate betrayal. If I remember correctly, isn't the 'poisoned' cigarette hanging around somewhere, that should have some kind of significance? Whatever happens anyway, I can't wait :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    isn't the 'poisoned' cigarette hanging around somewhere, that should have some kind of significance?

IIRC, Walt put it behind a switch or socket in his house.
  • Options
    5th time lucky5th time lucky Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Whatever happens i hope Walt doesn't die, we need more Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,077
    Forum Member
    I haven't read the whole thread but what are people's thoughts on Walt keeping the book which was signed by Gael? Surely he knew it put him in trouble having it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    thetvking wrote: »
    Not a credit card but yes, at least a debit card.

They now accept PayPal

Personally i think Walt wants to get caught, for people to know what he was, what he achieved.. He knows time isn't on his side, the flash forward suggests the cancer is back. I can see him bowing out, although it won't be a quiet affair, it will be loud explosive and he'll drag everybody else down with him when it comes to it.

Hank is at risk, although I don't see Walt offing him, perhaps the lily cigarette comes in to play, Walt plants it on Hank, Jesse finds it (somehow) and does the dirty work for him.

I don't see them two coming head to head in a Walt v Jesse way. Their story is long from over before any off that can start to play out. There's too many loose ends, too many people know what Walt is up to.

I still can't see what the machine gun is needed for, unless it's to fend off Lydia's new market in the Czech Republic? That woman is a liability if I ever did see.
  • Options
    jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khewco wrote: »
    They now accept PayPal

Personally i think Walt wants to get caught, for people to know what he was, what he achieved.. He knows time isn't on his side, the flash forward suggests the cancer is back. I can see him bowing out, although it won't be a quiet affair, it will be loud explosive and he'll drag everybody else down with him when it comes to it.

Hank is at risk, although I don't see Walt offing him, perhaps the lily cigarette comes in to play, Walt plants it on Hank, Jesse finds it (somehow) and does the dirty work for him.

I don't see them two coming head to head in a Walt v Jesse way. Their story is long from over before any off that can start to play out. There's too many loose ends, too many people know what Walt is up to.

I still can't see what the machine gun is needed for, unless it's to fend off Lydia's new market in the Czech Republic? That woman is a liability if I ever did see.

I think you're right on Walt! He craves power and gets a thrill from dominating others. I think he wants the recognition for it.

I was having an interesting conversation with a friend the other day about the end. My thinking is, I'm sure based on an interview I'd read with Vince Gilligan a few years ago, that they had the ending planned a while back? If so, I think it explains why the show has always kept such a high level. They've had a clear plan, with everything geared towards that ending.

I just can't wait for this to come back and I think I'm going to try and watch it all again before it the last 8 episodes.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I haven't read the whole thread but what are people's thoughts on Walt keeping the book which was signed by Gael? Surely he knew it put him in trouble having it.

I dont think there is too much wrong with it. A book on its own, is not conclusive proof of anything. However it will be interesting if Hank compares the writing in the book with the notes Gale was making when he was working with Walt (they have those in evidence - as they were taken from Gales house when he was murdered - or were they?). Hank will also have to make the link of GB being Gale (Gale didnt sign the book using his name, he just put his initials of GB).

The initials (WW) in the book are also explainable. The page on which Gale wrote the message was titled Leaves of Grass, it was Gales favourite poem. The author of the poem is Walt Whitman. I think the two talked about the poem, and the coincidence of Gales two favourite people having the same initials.

However it does give ideas to Hank, and will be interesting to see what he does with this piece of information.

A very very very long shot here - Walts former love, Gretchens (co-owner of Grey matter, former co-worker of Walt) full name is Gretchen Schwartz. Schwartz is German for black. Thus giving her initials of GB as well. Like I say a long shot...but another possible out for Walt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we'll be getting a happy ending...

Walt is no longer the "anti-hero", he's just a criminal with a gigantic ego and no concience. He won't stop untill someone or something makes him stop.

I just hope Jessie, Walt Jnr and little Holly don't get caught in the cross-fire. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the five seasons of this show and words can't describe how brilliant this show is. I mean, I can't believe I only discovered this show around Christmas.

When does the second half of season 5 start up?
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    When does the second half of season 5 start up?

I have heard July.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I have heard July.

Thanks. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I have heard July.

Thanks, I wasn't sure when it was either.
    I can't wait!! I think I'll be quite emotional when it's all over. :o