Options

Those who disagree/mock Denise Fergus are wrong.

Comments

• Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I daresay. Who wouldn't be? I just think she's not been helped/advised very well. I don't think she should be skipping around and jumping for joy but I do think she should be enjoying her family and burying the hatred and need for revenge.

I don't suppose her life could ever be 100% happy again - I do think she could be a lot happier than she is though.

Maybe her rationality went a long time ago
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay firstly I will say that I am in no way more superior to any other when it comes to my opinion or say, but online (and on DS too) I have seen some posts that have sort of baffled me.

Because it's 20 years since the death of James Bulger, it has come to the forefront of the news again. However certain comments have puzzled me regarding the case/Denise. Some say that Denise should stop campaigning or protesting for (in plain English) good old fashioned justice. It has always been basic knowledge that if you do the crime, you do the time. Jon Venables inparticular is being mentioned so I will comment solely on him because of his latest crimes. Realistcally this man should have a life means life sentence. No release ever. Not just because of the murder (as if that wasn't enough) but because of recent events i.e. downloading indecent images of children.

Surely this man is a threat to the public too? I cannot understand why people are saying that Denise should stop campaigning and basically give up. She has every right to continue the struggle for what she and her family so rightfully deserve, and that is a justice that is satisfactory to the crime and the family.

This poor woman's heart must be absolutely broken and I can only hope that one day someone will see sense and lock this monster away for life.
    Wow. You're like a completely different poster when you're not flapping about and getting into a state over Tesco home deliveries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Only in Britain* would you find people that think a child should be sentenced to life imprisonment.

* probably also America.

And you come to this idea how? :confused:
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Name and shame?

And how is that helpful in the grand scheme of things?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Her mission for justice is probably what keeps her going. Gives her a purpose in life, something to focus on.

He focus should be her remaining living children. It's not fair on them. :(

I read a story in the paper the other day with one of her other sons who was born after the murder. There was really no need for it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe her rationality went a long time ago

She could help herself you know. The way to grieve isn't carved in stone. She could allow herself a bit of happiness in her life - she deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who should it have to be helpful to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a truly terrible decision, leading to public money being used to keep them safe, and the inevitable huffing and puffing of the press that had created the problem in the first place that public money had been spent. He was obviously pandering to the lowest common denominator of public opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could help herself you know. The way to grieve isn't carved in stone. She could allow herself a bit of happiness in her life - she deserves it.

That isn't her priority, it seems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who should it have to be helpful to?

Well for starters all those who moan about the expense of security and new identity etc.

If they'd never been identified there would be no need.
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading in this thread.

I'm out.

Quite agree, tracy, i daren't say what i really think!! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for starters all those who moan about the expense of security and new identity etc.

If they'd never been identified there would be no need.

I know only of people that moan about the new identities to protect them, rather than society, who unwittingly come into contact with them.
    Anyone else it would be helpful to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm biting my tongue also. Terrible isn't it?:(
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading in this thread.

I'm out.

Why start a thread like this if you are going to do a flounce when people don't agree with you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused: Can't you say it politely? I have no idea what you think about it.
  • Options
    jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her mission for justice is probably what keeps her going. Gives her a purpose in life, something to focus on.

Just like Lesley Ann Downeys mum.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know I said I wasn't going to post in here again but just to sort of explain myself;

I am beginning to wonder if the certain posters practically blaming the law for Thompson and Venables actions are just saying it to get a response, if so then fine, I just pray they really know and think what we do. That these monsters should be locked out for life.

I won't be replying in here no more but all I'll say on a last note is, Denise, I hope one day you get your wish of getting half the justice you and your family are so rightly entitled too. Unfortunately we live in a society that can't see black from white.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,535
    Forum Member
    What if you knew for sure it helps her to cope. Would you feel more inclined to listen and support?

As someone with a great deal of experience in helping people cope (as you put it) - I would venture to suggest that feeling bitter 20 years on means she has not/is not coping and/or has not had the right help to do so.
    Being continually asked to comment by the scumedia definitely is not helping her.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As long as it doesn't breach T&Cs, what's your problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I don't want "that" system. I just want what any decent member of society wants, justice. And I'm not talking about this crime (as it's of no personal attachment to me) but I mean in general. No one expects to be attached and/or involved such serious crimes but sometimes it happens, the least we should be able to console ourselves with is lengthy sentences worthy of the crime committed. When someone murders someone in such a brutal thought out way, they deserve a very long sentence. Not 8 years and a new identity.

You're about 20 years too late.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    ^ that's because things aren't always black and white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Can't you say it politely? I have no idea what you think about it.

Although not directed at me.
    Can I butt in and say, I've tried polite but certain posters like to rile, however its said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why start a thread like this if you are going to do a flounce when people don't agree with you?

Not "flouncing" at all. I just cannot understand how some people are making excuses (for a better word) against two cold blooded (and calculating) killers! Evil of the very most.

Regarding a post about how it would be a "sad day" if hanging 10 year old's was enforced. Of course I do not wish for that. Serving a life means life sentence would do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    ^ that's because things aren't always black and white.

Of course. But what's not black and white about two evil individuals torturing a child endlessly and then murdering him?

They either did or didn't do that. And they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I said I wasn't going to post in here again but just to sort of explain myself;

I am beginning to wonder if the certain posters practically blaming the law for Thompson and Venables actions are just saying it to get a response, if so then fine, I just pray they really know and think what we do. That these monsters should be locked out for life.

I won't be replying in here no more but all I'll say on a last note is, Denise, I hope one day you get your wish of getting half the justice you and your family are so rightly entitled too. Unfortunately we live in a society that can't see black from white.

I know exactly where you are coming from.
This discussion has been closed.