Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Catching up with last night's Dallas on PVR. I had to chuckle when the continuity announcer introduced it by saying it had a "new, sexy time of 11pm".

Did you not hear what she said at the end? That was laugh out loud head in the sand (ratings have now't to do with it, honest guv)!

The episode ended with a neat cliffhanger but of the sort Dallas has done many times before
    the point blank shooting of her ex hubby by Bobby's wife Anne Ewing

And the announcer said something like : 'Now you know why we had to show it this late'.

That is the Channel 5 equivalent of Bobby popping out of the shower saying - hey, Pam, we are getting 10 million viewers but we need to be on at 1 am next week because someone shouts at Sue Ellen in the episode.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9pm:

BBC1: DIY SOS - 4.3m
    BBC2: Brain Doctors - 1.6m
    ITV: From The Heart - 1.1m (1.2m inc +1)
    C4: OBEM - 2.1m (2.5m inc +1)
    C5: NCIS - 1.6m
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    9pm:

We had Valentine's last night out due to work tonight....maybe others did too, restaurant was pretty busy....ratings aren't that high at all for prime time, 10.7m for main 5....suggests less than 20m watching tv, I know Sky football took some viewers.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shockingly poor rating for From The Heart. I knew it wouldn't do well but I wasn't expecting it to do that badly! :eek: Such a shame as it was for such a good cause.

Elsewhere, is it just me or has One Born Every Minute been rating quite a bit lower than it usually does this year? That rating (especially considering the weak competition) looks kind of low for it and I know that it has actually been rating lower than that recently. Seems to have lost it a bit this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what a bloody naff awful title too. Cabbage and Pat? Seriously?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D It seems like they were high on cabbage when they thought this up. Cinnamon & Sugar doesn't seem so far off now. :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9pm:

NCIS seems to be building thanks to a night surrounded by relatively weak competition! Hopefully, it builds on this rating further in the coming weeks.

Is the 1.6m rating with or without +1, and is that the exact rating?

ITV must not have a good overall primetime share going by those figures...
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eterry21 wrote: »
    NCIS seems to be building thanks to a night surrounded by relatively weak competition! Hopefully, it builds on this rating further in the coming weeks.

Is the 1.6m rating with or without +1, and is that the exact rating?

ITV must not have a good overall primetime share going by those figures...

NCIS got 1.5m without +1.
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From The Heart the clear front runner for Flop Of The Year me thinks.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: at From the Heart, awful rating against substandard competition.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how the ITV Tonight hour long special did on organ donation? Would be interesting to know for comparison purposes. It usually banks a solid 3m in its regular Thursday slot against Eastenders.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the ITV Tonight hour long special did on organ donation? Would be interesting to know for comparison purposes. It usually banks a solid 3m in its regular Thursday slot against Eastenders.

2.06m (figure posted earlier by Mike Teevee)
  • Options
    tommygrimshaw25tommygrimshaw25 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the following got yesterday:
    Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets (8pm, BBC2)
    The One Show (7pm, BBC1)
    BBC News at Ten (10pm, BBC1)
    Killers Behind Bars: The Untold Story (8pm, C5)

Many thanks! :D
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loving the Digital Spy article about ITV 3 out rating ITV 1, in a clear show of anti ITV bias, its used the old logo.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that will be an uncomfortable situation in future when someone asks what one of ITV's lowest ever programmes was, hoping it'll be some downmarket trash that they can then ridicule the channel with, oh no it was that time they dedicated two hours in programmes promoting organ donation...!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Well that will be an uncomfortable situation in future when someone asks what one of ITV's lowest ever programmes was, hoping it'll be some downmarket trash that they can then ridicule the channel with, oh no it was that time they dedicated two hours in programmes promoting organ donation...!

Wasn't the previous lowest rating regular programme (against regular opposition) Stockwell, which was a critically acclaimed drama documentary and only got about 1.9m?

Still, to put a doctor's spin on it, if half of the 1.1m went on the organ donor list they'll consider that a success. I can't see ITV seeing it that way though; maybe BBC One should air a programme about donating viewers!
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Wasn't the previous lowest rating regular programme (against regular opposition) Stockwell, which was a critically acclaimed drama documentary and only got about 1.9m?

Still, to put a doctor's spin on it, if half of the 1.1m went on the organ donor list they'll consider that a success. I can't see ITV seeing it that way though; maybe BBC One should air a programme about donating viewers!

Stockwell only got 1.4m actually, again on a Wednesday in Winter, back in 2009. One off documentary Britain Now and Then has to be their lowest though, only 600k (or was it 700k) at 9pm on a Wednesday (again!) last August, against the Paralympics Opening Ceremony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Stockwell only got 1.4m actually, again on a Wednesday in Winter, back in 2009. One off documentary Britain Now and Then has to be their lowest though, only 600k (or was it 700k) at 9pm on a Wednesday (again!) last August, against the Paralympics Opening Ceremony.

I'd argue that Britain Then and Now wasn't against regular programming, though! :D Same as The Touch of Frost opposite the Olympics Closing Ceremony.

For all the Tuesday flop zones Wednesday night is strangely conducive to struggling shows. I'm not quite sure why, both From the Heart and Stockwell should have really rated better.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9pm:

Utterly appalling.

DIY SOS did okay.

Ken
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting for ITV tonight- still can't believe From The Heart did so badly and to echo Andy 23's thoughts, it wasn't some awful LE that deservedly flopped but some PSB- the fitba at 8 should rate reasonably well. I'd go for an average of 3.5 million as Tottenham do have a big following in the South, with a million more for the peak if it's exciting.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waterloo Road should see a boost tonight as it isn't up against Emmerdale.

Also I don't think we've ever had a half clash EE v ED before, I don't know what effect that will have or who it will benefit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Interesting for ITV tonight- still can't believe From The Heart did so badly and to echo Andy 23's thoughts, it wasn't some awful LE that deservedly flopped but some PSB- the fitba at 8 should rate reasonably well. I'd go for an average of 3.5 million as Tottenham do have a big following in the South, with a million more for the peak if it's exciting.

I'm slightly surprised they didn't move both of the Europa League matches to ITV to be honest. Liverpool tend to rate well and it would appeal to a demographic advertisers love. Emmerdale could have been given an hour long last night with Coronation Street at 8pm and From the Heart (mixing clips from the Tonight documentary with entertainment) starting at 8.30pm, getting the jump on BBC One's junction.

Yes, it wouldn't have necessarily rated brilliantly, but the demos would have been decent.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Waterloo Road should see a boost tonight as it isn't up against Emmerdale.

Also I don't think we've ever had a half clash EE v ED before, I don't know what effect that will have or who it will benefit.
    I think that's the obvious one.....Emmerdale will see a pretty much normal rating I should think. EastEnders second half will be higher than the first but the Football will affect it anyway.

I wonder how many couples have gone out tonight
    so that could affect all Ratings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, ITV has a choice of which match to show next week in the evening slot between Chelsea v Sparta Prague and Liverpool v Zenit.
    Liverpool are currently 2-0 down after the first leg; Chelsea's match currently stands at 0-0 with half time approaching. Liverpool are naturally a more attractive prospect and have the ability, if not the consistency, to overturn a 2-0 deficit. I'm not sure what Chelsea will have to do to get a ITV spot now...pray, maybe.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice that after this Saturday, Mrs Brown's Boys repeat revert to series 2 repeats starting from episode 2.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    2.06m (figure posted earlier by Mike Teevee)

Thanks for that, must have missed the first post, my apologies.

Still a very poor figure both for the slot and Tonight so the public interest just doesn't seem to be there for this kind of programming. Quite ironic that the 8pm documentary got double the audience (I know thats not saying much) of the main event. However it would be interesting to know if the organ donation register has seen a significant increase or not. If it has, I guess there is one positive to come out of it, otherwise it has been a completely pointless exercise.
This discussion has been closed.