Options

Who's this blonde woman in Eastenders..?

felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
Forum Member
..because it ain't Sharon :mad:

Comments

• Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    ..because it ain't Sharon :mad:
    What did she do wrong tonight? I loved it, sticking up for her best mate like she would have done Michelle.

Can't wait for Sharon and Phil now.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is pathetic these days.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sharon judging a woman who is with a man who has kids? Never. I think people forget HER history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    What did she do wrong tonight? I loved it, sticking up for her best mate like she would have done Michelle.

Can't wait for Sharon and Phil now.

She belligerently attacked a woman repeatedly (who was a patron in her bar, may I add - she knows better) who had done nothing wrong other than to marry a man in good faith. Sharon was never so judgmental, unfair or vindictive.

They've only made her so now to show how utterly devoted she is to her new BFF Tanya, Queen of all the East End.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    She belligerently attacked a woman repeatedly (who was a patron in her bar, may I add - she knows better) who had done nothing wrong other than to marry a man in good faith. Sharon was never so judgmental, unfair or vindictive.

They've only made her so now to show how utterly devoted she is to her new BFF Tanya, Queen of all the East End.

I didn't like the Tanya reference. And I don't think Kirsty is in the wrong since he was single and everything when they married. But based on her history and how much Max is being made to look like Den I can see why she is acting the way she is. But the Tanya thing is a joke sorry but it is. Sooner she is away from the Brannings and shagging Phil the better.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,280
    Forum Member
    She was just sticking up for her best mate, any best mate would do, luved Sharon tonight, even though I like Kirsty. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the Tanya reference. And I don't think Kirsty is in the wrong since he was single and everything when they married. But based on her history and how much Max is being made to look like Den I can see why she is acting the way she is. But the Tanya thing is a joke sorry but it is. Sooner she is away from the Brannings and shagging Phil the better.
    I never thought of Den AP but you are right.

Loved it. Sharon is on the up.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    She was just sticking up for her best mate, any best mate would do, luved Sharon tonight, even though I like Kirsty. :D

She's known tanya for 5 minutes. the whole BFF thing feels forced and ridiculous

She has also got no right to judge Kirsty and is has been ruined by the writing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »

Any 'best mate' would phone the 'best mate' in question and tell her to get her stupid arse back home and sort herself out instead of causing a shitstorm and running away from it, rather than haranguing an innocent woman like a fishwife on her behalf.

Having her storm about and pick unprovoked fights with somebody and snipe about them snidely because she's so utterly devoted to her Majestic new BFF who she's known for five minutes is a joke. They're really doing a number on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's known tanya for 5 minutes. the whole BFF thing feels forced and ridiculous

This. The logic behind it is much worse. It used to annoy me when Roxy used to lay into Syed over things that were none of her buisness (especially when Syed had done little wrong at the time), but at the same time, I understood that her friendship with Christian was real. It had been built up over two years and what was said was out of protectivness and loyality, albeit unneccassary and cruel at times.

Sharon and Tanya's friendship has been contrived from the absolute get go. I can't buy into Sharon's loyalty towards Tanya because I never saw a genuine or natural frienship between them. Even Kat, who I've come to loath this past two years, has a more natural chemistry with Bianca. They actually do have a good chemistry on screen.

Sharon and Tanya - zilch!
    She has also got no right to judge Kirsty

Yup, especially since she's hardly been sqeaky clean herself in the past. I'm really disapointed with 'this' Sharon and I've always liked her. It's only been a few months but IMO, this is the least likable and engaging she's been in her 28 year history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    This. The logic behind it is much worse. It used to annoy me when Roxy used to lay into Syed over things that were none of her buisness (especially when Syed had done little wrong at the time), but at the same time, I understood that her friendship with Christian was real. It had been built up over two years and what was said was out of protectivness and loyality, albeit unneccassary and cruel at times.

Sharon and Tanya's friendship has been contrived from the absolute get go. I can't buy into Sharon's loyalty towards Tanya because I never saw a genuine or natural frienship between them. Even Kat, who I've come to loath this past two years, has a more natural chemistry with Bianca. They actually do have a good chemistry on screen.

Yup, especially since she's hardly been sqeaky clean herself in the past. I'm really disapointed with 'this' Sharon and I've always liked her. It's only been a few months but IMO, this is the least likable and engaging she's been in her 28 year history.
    So is it because you find the Sharon and Tanya friendship contrived that you didn't like it? Other than that surely you agree it is normal for someone to defend their friend.

Sharon is FAB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is it because you find the Sharon and Tanya friendship contrived that you didn't like it? Other than that surely you agree it is normal for someone to defend their friend.

Sharon is FAB.

That's part of the reason. I think I would have found Sharon's reaction more understandable if the EE team established a an actual bond between herself and Tanya.

Another reason is I think Sharon's a bit of a hypocrite (but then I think most EE characters are. :sleep: )

I don't know about 'normal' though. I normally keep my nose out of my friends affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So is it because you find the Sharon and Tanya friendship contrived that you didn't like it?

That is one reason I didn't like it. The other reason is that Sharon was never such a sanctimonious, belligerent harridan - 'defending a friend' or not.
    Other than that surely you agree it is normal for someone to defend their friend.

Sharon is FAB.

I agree that it is normal to defend a friend in a situation worth defending. If they weren't in the right then I wouldn't turn against them, but I certainly wouldn't attack somebody on their behalf when they are the real victim in the situation. Something Sharon would have recognised in a past life.

On a further note, nothing about her behaviour tonight was 'defensive'. It was purely offensive. There was no provocation and it was totally unnecessary. But I guess that's the price that's paid when everything in the show has to revolve around the Brannings and how magnificent they are.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been a huge Sharon fan, but have really disliked her since her return.Tonight, she encapsulated everyhing that I hate about Tanya. Patrronising, hypocritical, snobby and judgemental.I agree the whole Sharon/Tanya friendship is ridiclously contrived.Am firmly team Jack tonight,he spoke a lot of sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Jack and Kirsty FTW
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    They've ruined Sharon, she's not the same and it feels so strange watching her these days as I have memories of the girl who used to hang around with Michelle and Ian, the incredible Sharongate and the Sharon who fell in love with Dennis. This character lacks any resemblance to that person.

I don't blame Letitia Dean either, she's doing fine as an actress but the writers are failing.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is proof Tanya is not a benefit to the show. It is the forced friendship with Queen Tanya that has made Sharon so unlikable and a secondary character since her return. Ashdown, you may love Tanya but you're sacrificing the legend Sharon Watts for her sake and it's not on. It's taken over 2 years for the real Kat to show signs of life and in that time most of her fans have gone off her. The same thing is going to happen to Sharon if this keeps up.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »

Ditto to all of this!
    I nearly spat out my tea when Sharon referred to Tanya as her "best mate":eek::rolleyes:
    They've known each other for all of four/five months....they hated each other for the first month too:rolleyes:
    No wonder Tanya ran off with psycho Sharon probably freaking her out with "bestie friends forever" talk!