Options

2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Grazey has just been on GB to say he was referring to The Tenth Planet, and his post was made at about 8am this morning ;)
  • Options
    Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grazey has just been on GB to say he was referring to The Tenth Planet.

ahh, that's what he meant!
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grazey has just been on GB to say he was referring to The Tenth Planet, and his post was made at about 8am this morning ;)

Sorry for the mix up. This is what happens when you forget what you post and forget to respond
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Sorry for the mix up. This is what happens when you forget what you post and forget to respond

lol! That's fine!
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when the article on the dr who news site "uk dvd schdule confirmed to september" first appeared it quite clearly said the 2 missing episodes of ice warriors would be presented with the vhs reconstruction and not animation.they have back tracked on that and amended the article.i am not confident about ice warriors having animation as surely an announcement would have been made by now about a confirmed release bearing in mind tenth planet has no date yet,if something else moonbase or underwater menace is animated instead it is a disgrace as people have been waiting a very long time for the ice warriors.besides the vhs reconstruction was rubbish and not complete unlike the tenth planet.rant over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan hall mentioned at galifrey one that news on how the missing episodes of ice warriors will be represented will be announced in about 2 weeks time. He didn't give any hints but he did say that its more than the VHS recon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan hall mentioned at galifrey one that news on how the missing episodes of ice warriors will be represented will be announced in about 2 weeks time. He didn't give any hints but he did say that its more than the VHS recon

in that case animation or found episodes. It's got to be one of those 2.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    in that case animation or found episodes. It's got to be one of those 2.

I think the announcement will be at an animation festival? So my money's on the first option ;) although I have no idea why they're so secretive about this one.
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I think the announcement will be at an animation festival? So my money's on the first option ;) although I have no idea why they're so secretive about this one.

they are probably enjoying seeing my blood pressure going sky high over all this secracy:)
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I think the announcement will be at an animation festival? So my money's on the first option ;)although I have no idea why they're so secretive about this one.

They like being secretive, it boosts their sad egos and makes them feel important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They like being secretive, it boosts their sad egos and makes them feel important.

What a load of nonsense. Announcing everything at once would leave no info for the news sites to report once the news has been reported. Spreading the info keeps the DVD range in the news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of nonsense. Announcing everything at once would leave no info for the news sites to report once the news has been reported. Spreading the info keeps the DVD range in the news.

lol, partly agree with you but then again, it's better than getting all the news at once:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have just uploaded a new doctor who theme remix video, and was wandering if you could all take a spare minute to watch please?:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oROOF7PqIhw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds really good, might need a bit of speeding up, tempo wise because it's hard to get used to the slowness of it. Otherwise it sounds very well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds really good, might need a bit of speeding up, tempo wise because it's hard to get used to the slowness of it. Otherwise it sounds very well done.

thanks! In fact, i am going to upload a slightly speedier up version right now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also, if it's possible, could people please click like on it please:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The galifrey one panel that dan hall was involved has been put on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMX1h8D9VmQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNp4P2fls4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The galifrey one panel that dan hall was involved has been put on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMX1h8D9VmQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNp4P2fls4

i cant watch it at the moment, but does it mention anything about animated episodes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have just uploaded a new doctor who theme remix video, and was wandering if you could all take a spare minute to watch please?:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oROOF7PqIhw

quite nice but a bit slow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also, the sped up and more accurate version of the ultimate meets epic theme remix i have just uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lMWZ8WTpE hope you like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot better :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant watch it at the moment, but does it mention anything about animated episodes?

It mentions how ice warriors will get represented will get anounced later this month (not in 2 weeks like i got misinformed sorry) and the imbition with ice warriors is to recreate the missing episodes with audio and visuals . There currently is no firm plans on underwater menace at the moment (i supose they are a) waiting on how well reign has done and b) waiting till they are finished with 10th planet and the animation team is free. Also dan mentioned there is absolute NO plans to do stories like masterplan or power as there is too many episodes missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also, the sped up and more accurate version of the ultimate meets epic theme remix i have just uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lMWZ8WTpE hope you like?

No offence on your earlier attempt but this is much better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks to everybody who has seen this! I do think the second attempt was more true to the original! Also, when they have released all special editions, and animated all episodes with 1 or 2 episodes missing, why not just animate episodes like power of the daleks? I suppose they will, we will just have to wait though.