Options

EE 4G Coverage improving really quickly!

Comments

• Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have mentioned Colchester will be covered by June, is there a good chance it will be covered well in advanced of that ??
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member
    Here in East Anglia, Milton Keynes and Luton is getting it, it is just a shame that Bedford, Cambridge and Peterborough isn't
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Don't know what you lot are moaning about, I have to wait till the Autumn :)
    Plympton (Plymouth) call centre cell speed issue now fixed. Got 32Mbps down and 27Mbps up this morning. Can't believe how fast the iPhone 5 browses on LTE. Pages just appear instantly. Even heavy ones. It's like flicking through a book.
    I downloaded a 32Mb app in 8 seconds. Bonkers!
  • Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Don't know what you lot are moaning about, I have to wait till the Autumn :)
    Plympton (Plymouth) call centre cell speed issue now fixed. Got 32Mbps down and 27Mbps up this morning. Can't believe how fast the iPhone 5 browses on LTE. Pages just appear instantly. Even heavy ones. It's like flicking through a book.
    I downloaded a 32Mb app in 8 seconds. Bonkers!

I get anything from 25Mbps - 38Mbps down and can be anything from 18Mbps - 26Mpbs up. The most I ever got was 47Mbps down and on that occasion it was 19Mbps up. That would be a rarity though.

Everything just goes so quick with LTE! Can't wait until it's very widely available! :)
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    what happened to that rumour about wales being 4G'd in the first Q of this year? come on, Wrexham is practically the 2nd capital of wales and the biggest town in north and mid and still no 4G, pull your finger out EE :D

It's only the 10 th of Feb, they do have over a month still. :)
    However I seriously doubt they will do the whole of Wales this year. They might have done if the competition was actually trying to catch up with LTE upgrades..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here in East Anglia, Milton Keynes and Luton is getting it, it is just a shame that Bedford, Cambridge and Peterborough isn't

I wouldn't be surprised if they get it around Summer time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's only the 10 th of Feb, they do have over a month still. :)
    However I seriously doubt they will do the whole of Wales this year. They might have done if the competition was actually trying to catch up with LTE upgrades..

Competition? What competition?
    Mind you, as I said before somewhere, i really do hope at least Vodafone pull some rabbit out of a hat and start being competitive or prices will never come down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I'm sure EE/Three have people who keep an eye on the other networks..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True, true. those people are probably just sitting round a table drinking whiskey and playing cards at the moment because NOTHING seems to be happening :)
  • Options
    coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    How are people finding there EE4G service? Do you see a benefit in day to day use?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I will have to be patient until it comes to Aberdeen later this year.At least their 3g coverage is great unlike o2 who struggle to give any 3g outside major towns & cities.
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    coolmp3 wrote: »
    How are people finding there EE4G service? Do you see a benefit in day to day use?

Reminds me of the dialup days :L
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some of east anglia is covered already, Chelmsford , Southend and Colchester soon. That's a huge chunk of Essex
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neil402003 wrote: »
    I will have to be patient until it comes to Aberdeen later this year.At least their 3g coverage is great unlike o2 who struggle to give any 3g outside major towns & cities.

October (ish). Agreed, EE (3G) is miles ahead of O2/Voda up there.
  • Options
    reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the roll out another network will probably have 4G in Norwich before EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well from what little I've played with it, it's amazing but that's not day to day though. Also the Plymouth cell has very few users so that's not a good example I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3G speeds aren't great in places over here. I find it useful for watching SkyGo and it's just good in general and everything runs so fast!

On a different note, I was in Blackpool over the weekend for a break - very poor 4G! 2 or 3 bars of LTE showing and average speeds would be 6Mbps - 9Mbps down but upload was good, generally getting around 14Mbps - 20Mbps. Strange to have upload so much faster than download. I would not be a happy 4G customer if I lived in Blackpool...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    3G speeds aren't great in places over here. I find it useful for watching SkyGo and it's just good in general and everything runs so fast!

On a different note, I was in Blackpool over the weekend for a break - very poor 4G! 2 or 3 bars of LTE showing and average speeds would be 6Mbps - 9Mbps down but upload was good, generally getting around 14Mbps - 20Mbps. Strange to have upload so much faster than download. I would not be a happy 4G customer if I lived in Blackpool...

Matter of interest what package for data are you on? Are you having to watch your usage or do still use your phone just as you did before 4G?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matter of interest what package for data are you on? Are you having to watch your usage or do still use your phone just as you did before 4G?

I'm on the £46p/m 3Gb tariff but I had my allowance doubled and £10p/m off my contract due to problems I was having. I don't have to watch it now but I was a little cautious when I only had 3Gb. You don't really use any more data than usual, everything just happens faster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm on the £46p/m 3Gb tariff but I had my allowance doubled and £10p/m off my contract due to problems I was having. I don't have to watch it now but I was a little cautious when I only had 3Gb. You don't really use any more data than usual, everything just happens faster.

Thanks , do you not find sky go would eat your allowance quickly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks , do you not find sky go would eat your allowance quickly?

It can do yeah. I only use it for football though, I wouldn't watch on-demand stuff or any of the other channels. Quite often I can watch the match at home too so it's not very often. I also have a bit of catch up tv too but I keep an eye on it in the my EE app from time to time.
  • Options
    wathmanwathman Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me when t-mobile cell 95650 will be upgraded to 4g. Most have been in the area apart from this one in Manvers. S63 7ER area.
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    wathman wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when t-mobile cell 95650 will be upgraded to 4g. Most have been in the area apart from this one in Manvers. S63 7ER area.

I think the LTE cells use orange. Even tho they still call it ee.
  • Options
    bigpete15bigpete15 Posts: 250
    Forum Member

Davy you should be seeing much better 3G speeds in Belfast city now. All of the former orange sites are now running at least 7.2 and many 14.4 with back haul and capacity upgrades, I've seen typical speeds of 5 to 11 download and 2 to 3 up since sat morning.
  • Options
    srw985srw985 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    danielmeah wrote: »
    I think the LTE cells use orange. Even tho they still call it ee.

Most I've seen are MBNL sites, showing as 3 on sitefinder. Only one mast at the locations so no adjacent orange ones.