Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught about three minutes of this earlier and Fatima Whitbread immediately called to mind this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/78207/2580799-dementor_cesarcastillo.jpg
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!! :D
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Seconded.
    Thirded. Unfunny pervs don't deserve work.
    towers wrote: »
    If you lot dislike Mathew and the 'celebrity guests' so much, you should just listen to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 Monday to Friday, same show but without Mathew and the celebrity guests,
    J Vine oozes smugness. Gone right off Eggheads with him at the helm.
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I think Colleen would have cope with today's topics fine.
    Very lightweight wasn't it. Took one look at them and thought "Nah - can't be bothered".
    Wouldn't be surprised if Coleen compiled the TPs for today's show as a sort of leaving present, in association with mumsnet. It was aimed almost exclusively at middle-aged mums and I bet even they're getting bored of going over the same ground that we've been over a million times before. :yawn::yawn:

I'm glad Wrighty's surgery went well though. And Helen is easy on the eye...just don't give her anything important to do. She was well out of her depth presenting London 2012.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Helen is easy on the eye...

Isn’t she though? The gratuitous bikini shot was much appreciated.

Wrighty undergoing another surgery - Is there anything original of him left by now? :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Isn’t she though? The gratuitous bikini shot was much appreciated.

Wrighty undergoing another surgery - Is there anything original of him left by now? :D

He's like Cher. :D
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Andrew Castle demonstrated today that this format - with a few minor tweaks - is still a very good use of daytime TV. The trouble is that its worth is swamped by the ego that is Matthew Wright, whose constant interruptions, inability to accept a view that differs from his own, rudeness to callers whose nervousness causes them to stumble over their words, and fawning sycophancy towards people he's previously dissed, makes the show hard for me to watch nowadays.

Of course, it's his programme and he can run it how he wishes, but the fact is that I enjoyed almost all of it today, and when MW is presenting I watch only the newspapers section.

Couldn't have put that better myself! Andrew Castle should be the regular stand in, so much better than anyone else I've seen (apart from Richard Bacon).

I do think the previous format was better - paper review first off and then into the talking points. I'm pretty sure the TP's used to be a lot better too. The guest intro drags on far too long now, the whole thing needs to be snappier to retain viewers' interest.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey O'Reilly, our Kirst isn't hard on the eye, is she?:)
    Very pleasant viewing.....and has a gorgeous voice too.:cool:
    After viewing that clip, I have come to the opinion that she is entirely wasted being sat behind a desk on Wrighty's 2 and a half hour crapathon. She should try and get a gig on one of BBC3 or ITV2's celebrity based parp.
    I agree. Kirsty certainly has much more to offer than just plonked behind a desk. I'm surprised she's stuck it this long. I wouldn't have thought it pays big bucks or even a high'ish' salary.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Very pleasant viewing.....and has a gorgeous voice too.:cool:I agree. Kirsty certainly has much more to offer than just plonked behind a desk. I'm surprised she's stuck it this long. I wouldn't have thought it pays big bucks or even a high'ish' salary.

She might be getting some of the money that used to go to Eric now.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Fatima on The Wright Stuff. She comes across as a fairly intelligent lady, who takes the topics seriously when the need arises. Her presence is balanced with some man/boy "comedian" who can do all the jazz hands, jokey stuff. Rather her than a lot of the other panelists.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    And Helen is easy on the eye...just don't give her anything important to do. She was well out of her depth presenting London 2012.

At least she gave us a flash of her knickers at the big 'pat on the back' gig at the end.:D
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    As one poster on FB commented and I agreed, I think TWS is now targettng a different audience not interested in anything beyond the kitchen,bedroom and supermarket:(

Their TPs certainly used to be a lot better until they dumbed down around 3 years ago. It was approx two years ago that they kicked off and stopped me uploading any more TPs and clips to the TWStuff Youtube page I ran. However, by then, they'd stopped having much worth uploading anyway. Kirsty had stopped doing anything tittilating, as well. :(

I'd love to know what they did to their FB page, too. You post a comment and none of them are in chronological order any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirsty's teeth are naturally that white!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RSPCA TP is hilariously one-sided - I'd refer the panel to the back of Private Eye #1332. It's not hunting the RSPCA is fixated with, it's prosecutions...and they don't take age or mental health into account as mitigating factors (the CPS do). Sensitivity and putting things into context might as well be a foreign language to them. Huge opportunity missed by Wrighty as he had the chief exec right there :(

Fatima monotone as ever..."isser difficul one" "abat educa-in r yoof" are familiar refrains. :yawn:
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruthie Henshall seems better on this than on Daybreak earlier where she came across as a bit hostile ,egotistical and boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Their TPs certainly used to be a lot better until they dumbed down around 3 years ago. It was approx two years ago that they kicked off and stopped me uploading any more TPs and clips to the TWStuff Youtube page I ran. However, by then, they'd stopped having much worth uploading anyway. Kirsty had stopped doing anything tittilating, as well. :(

I'd love to know what they did to their FB page, too. You post a comment and none of them are in chronological order any more.

You can if you post mobile version
    http://m.facebook.com/officialwrightstuff?ref=stream&refid=52&_ft_=fbid.10152590625195422
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between Ruthie Henshall grinning like a serial killer, eyeliner done with a chisel-tipped black marker and seemingly unable to complete a sentence and on the other side Fatima “mogodon” Whitbread and her coma-inducing delivery (if she was banned from saying “at the end of the day” she would have next to nothing to contribute) it was a tough bloody watch today. Grateful again for the BCLC bloke for injecting some sense and humour to the proceedings.
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <<<<Fatima “mogodon” Whitbread>>>>>
    :)
    Now then, don't be mean
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    I saw that one of the topics was "When should teens go on holiday with their mates?".

As the late Richard Briers would say:

"Tacky Shit!:D"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They spent so long talking about Kirsty’s teeth that they might as well have had a phone-in on the subject.

Seriously Wrighty. you need to sort out the plummetting triviality of these discussion topics. You’re not much better than mumsnet these days.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Between Ruthie Henshall grinning like a serial killer, eyeliner done with a chisel-tipped black marker and seemingly unable to complete a sentence and on the other side Fatima “mogodon” Whitbread and her coma-inducing delivery (if she was banned from saying “at the end of the day” she would have next to nothing to contribute) it was a tough bloody watch today. Grateful again for the BCLC bloke for injecting some sense and humour to the proceedings.

Could not have put it better myself.....I had to think long and hard today whether to listen to Fatti drone on in that annoying voice of hers or stab myself repeatedly with a fork.....unfortunately to my great shock and disapointment, discovered all the forks were in the dishwasher (long wash)....drat drat and thrice drat
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know what surgery Matthew had? Is it his back again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They spent so long talking about Kirsty’s teeth that they might as well have had a phone-in on the subject.

Seriously Wrighty. you need to sort out the plummetting triviality of these discussion topics. You’re not much better than mumsnet these days.
    Mumsnet probably edges it at the moment.
    Lillith wrote: »
    Mince pies (eyes :p)
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »

Apparently he was born with tiny cataracts which had finally got to the stage where he needed them removing.

Maybe now he can see those regular audience members more clearly he will give us a break and not let them in every day.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Fatima really annoyed me last time she was on. I like her better this time! she is the voice of doom with sucking the life out of everything still. and uses the same phrases a lot. But I do like hearing her stories.

Fun game I play is to predict what completely off topic point she will make in the discussion each time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOWIE creature (predictably) brought nothing to the panel today. Her contribution to the paper review consisted of clumsily reading out/aaht the headlines and then sitting there largely mute as the grown-ups picked up the slack from her inability to string a sentence together on anything other than make-up (her dream career apparently). Wrighty subsequently informing us she was “bricking it” at the thought of having to read out loud and have an opinion. Speaks volumes that she took Wrighty’s 1970s “You’re a top bird” thanks as high praise indeed. More quality bookings Wrighty - Keep up the good work.... :rolleyes:

The further involvement of the grotesques in the audience, today as part of the ad bumper question, has me concerned now that Eric is gone (and his bland replacement isn’t adding much) we’ll see more of The Grimbo and her odd friends taking part at ever increasing levels.
This discussion has been closed.