Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 173)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Exactly. It's like the people who refuse to see any fault in Ste.... or Brendan. It's very boring. And silly.

DON'T. That's the worst thing I've ever heard! :cry:

Mm, I don't get how you can love a character if you haven't, at least, felt like wrapping them up in a blanket and cuddling them until they fall asleep one time. ;)

Worst thing ... or best thing? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    The messed up parts of Ste and Brendan are like, my favourite bits of the characters. :cool:
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »
    But what about her and Jushhhhhttttinnn?

He's dead to me. :cry:
    metal guru wrote: »
    Oh he said that!!!:D it's an offer he very easily refuses when he's got Ste;)

The people should acknowledge Brendan's a changed man:sleep::D

Poor Kevin. ;)
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Mm, I don't get how you can love a character if you haven't, at least, felt like wrapping them up in a blanket and cuddling them until they fall asleep one time. ;)

Worst thing ... or best thing? :cool:

:D

It's so annoying though. Every character is flawed. They're all gits from time to time. Not everything can excused or blamed on someone else.

WORST. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    It's quite disgusting, Hanni :o

I just don't know where the St. Doug nonsense even comes from, with him standing atop the damned whoever dare not kiss his ass. He's human like any of these other characters, and if it's anyone they shoud be mad at, it's those who decided to use him for a doomed ship.
    Honest to God I've never seen a fandom more disgusting than the Doug one. Only the Stefan stans on tumblr can top that bullshit.
    I think it's a shame when people can't love the flaws of a character as well as the good parts.

Not just Doug, but like, people in general who act like their character is God or something.

I just don't get how you could ignore someone's bad personality traits and totally welcome the good ones.
    Totally agree. Especially because I usually fall in love with a character because of their flaws :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The messed up parts of Ste and Brendan are like, my favourite bits of the characters. :cool:
    Totally agree. Especially because I usually fall in love with a character because of their flaws :o

I'll remind you both you said this when Brendan goes into self-destruct mode and Ste proclaims his undying love for the next guy he sees. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D

It's so annoying though. Every character is flawed. They're all gits from time to time. Not everything can excused or blamed on someone else.

WORST. :mad:

Yeah, exactly.

Like you can't look at Brendan and say oh, well, he dealt drugs (and killed Walker's brother, you know.) but it wasn't his fault he became a dealer.

Yes it is, he sells the drugs! :D

Best. Sexy and the best. :cool:

Yeah, like, you can't love someone like Brendan (or Ste) if you can't look at their flaws and accept them. Pretending one of them is perfect is just ... mind-boggling to me. Isn't the fact that they're far from perfect what's so great about them? Makes them more human? :o
  • Options
    Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    It upsets me because PJ has specifically said that Doug is flawed and he likes that, so why can't others accept it? :sleep:

I've seen someone on twitter who's getting hate for being a Doug fan and Stendan fan, it's really baffling and cruel. And we're the immoral ones :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll remind you both you said this when Brendan goes into self-destruct mode and Ste proclaims his undying love for the next guy he sees. ;)

I've never complained when Brendan shags around and I'm a firm believer that Ste falls in love quickly :cool::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha, I just noticed, they were cleaning the deli windows. Again :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, like, you can't love someone like Brendan (or Ste) if you can't look at their flaws and accept them. Pretending one of them is perfect is just ... mind-boggling to me. Isn't the fact that they're far from perfect what's so great about them? Makes them more human? :o

This. :cool:
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    I've seen someone on twitter who's getting hate for being a Doug fan and Stendan fan, it's really baffling and cruel. And we're the immoral ones :rolleyes:

That's terrible.
    I've never complained when Brendan shags around and I'm a firm believer that Ste falls in love quickly :cool::p

You're a good woman khughes. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wow.

Some people never cease to amaze me.

That's ridiculous. :o
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,910
    Forum Member
    I didn't notice last night, Seamus called Darren 'son'.:(
  • Options
    metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    It upsets me because PJ has specifically said that Doug is flawed and he likes that, so why can't others accept it? :sleep:

God that's terrible:sleep:why can't people just like the characters for who they are. Why do we have his school yard type action by people like 'if your friends with that person you can't be my friend' its pathetic people need to grown up and let others like what they like. Does this person decide who gets in the Doug fan club or something who made them high and mighty:o

I like people who accept the character flaws-it doesn't make sense to only like them half the time those flaws are who they are and though they infurate us sometimes we accept them -sometimes through gritted teeth because we love them:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow.

Some people never cease to amaze me.

That's ridiculous. :o

Mmm :o they said they keep getting anons on tumblr I think. It honestly doesn't surprise me, I used to get the same things said about me :o
    I didn't notice last night, Seamus called Darren 'son'.:(

Yikes :( he's projecting bigtime isn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On a lighter note, if Brendan were to propose I'd like him to get down on his knees and Ste makes a saucy comment thinking it's something else :D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Have to head out now and won't be able to see the ep until it's up on frowestrawberries but I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I'm imagining them playing 'shag, marry, throw off a cliff' with Doug, JP and Walker so anything other than that will be a pleasant surprise :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, loving a character despite their flaws doesn't mean that you have to kiss their ass or like everything they do ;) I guess you have to understand them without justifying what they do.
    Exactly :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it just me who kinda got the feeling Brendan was willing for Kevin to make a comment about Ste, when he gave him the money?

He just looked like he was waiting for it. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    7 mins to go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it just me who kinda got the feeling Brendan was willing for Kevin to make a comment about Ste, when he gave him the money?

He just looked like he was waiting for it. :o
    I think he had been waiting for him to say something about Ste the whole ep :p There was a moment at the end where he looked almost impatient to "show him who's boss" :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Were they ever off? :D
    I think he had been waiting for him to say something about Ste the whole ep :p There was a moment at the end where he looked almost impatient to "show him who's boss" :D:D:D

Yes. :D

I also still love how Brendan lingers after Ste breaks away from the kiss. :o

And his tiny smile when Ste walks past to go back to the flat. :o:o
  • Options
    metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    My ,my the HO twitter is in love with Stendan today:D
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,910
    Forum Member
    They've spent the whole weekend shagging, as this is Monday at C4 pace.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just started laughing histerically :o I'M NOT FINE.
This discussion has been closed.