Options

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    There is a quote from Reeva in today's Guardian, taken from an interview she did with Heat a week before her death. It reads "I absolutely adore Oscar. I respect & admire him so much. I don't want anything to come in the way of his career."

"I don't want anything to come in the way of his career" could mean she was thinking of ending it. And as has been pointed out, there's no mention of love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I can work out what I need to know thank you very much. ;)

But you said "dunno"

So I guessed you didn't know.
  • Options
    GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, some of us are like zombies, I would say the majority, don't tell me that you are perfectly awake at 3am.

Going to get the fan?? Does he have to be wide awake and alert to do this????

Nowhere does OP state that he was still half asleep or not alert, in his affidavit.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I'm not presuming any such thing.

How about playing the ball, not the man?

If you don't like people disagreeing with you, maybe discussion forums aren't for you.[/QUOTE]

With respect CP that works both ways. being continually told "you're missing the point", "red herring" "moot" does not always make for a good a debate....and that's in my opinion. Not everyone agrees with you and why should they and vice versa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you said "dunno"

So I guessed you didn't know.

I don't claim to know how "many" people are when they wake up at 3am.... Sorry baiting doesn't work with me. :)
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, ok....... when you are 3 - 4 hours into you sleeping cycle...... if you wake up are you perfectly awake and alert, or are you often slightly drowsy, and "auto pilot"

If I manage to get 2 hours uninterrupted sleep with a new baby I've done very well indeed :eek:
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With respect CP that works both ways. being continually told "you're missing the point", "red herring" "moot" does not always make for a good a debate....and that's in my opinion. Not everyone agrees with you and why should they and vice versa.

Except that any time I've used any of those terms, I've gone on to explain why.

Which is exactly what a good debate should involve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't claim to know how "many" people are when they wake up at 3am.... Sorry baiting doesn't work with me. :)

I'm claiming that people aren't often perfectly alert, awake, and aware when they have awoken from 3 hours sleep in the middle of the night.

You disagree with this?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're going to quote me, how about commenting on what you're quoting.

Then we can certainly move on.

I think what I said covers a huge numbers of our posts. You have tried to suggest his actions are somehow understandable.

That is if we believe what he says.

Supposing we do believe him, do you think his actions were reasonable in the circumstances?

That is what the court will have to consider.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm claiming that people aren't often perfectly alert, awake, and aware when they have awoken from 3 hours sleep in the middle of the night.

You disagree with this?

if you are referring to OP..how do you know he had 3 hours sleep?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except that any time I've used any of those terms, I've gone on to explain why.

Which is exactly what a good debate should involve.

Fair point but doesn't mean you're right though - you can put across the same points dozens of times and again it doesn't mean you're right. People have their own views on things and that should be respected, imho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And it looks like you who were the one who started the baiting first. Sherlock:D
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You disagree with this?

If he thought he was in danger, which he says he did, then he'd have woken up pretty sharpish simply because adrenaline would be kicking in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GinaH wrote: »
    if you are reffering to OP..how do you know he had 3 hours sleep?

I'm basing it on what he has said, after all, we cant just jump to wild conclusions that he was up arguing all night and preparing to shoot his girlfriend....................... oh wait.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You disagree with this?

"No, we are more like zombies" Your words not mine. You speak as though you know how everyone, or many, feel when they wake up.

3 Hours sleep? did OP say that?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, some of us are like zombies, I would say the majority, don't tell me that you are perfectly awake at 3am.

Going to get the fan?? Does he have to be wide awake and alert to do this????

If he's up and about, then hears a noise he believes is life threatening, he's going to wake up pretty quick. He claims he was able to get his gun, go the the bathroom, and shoot someone.

He hasn't claimed he was sleepwalking in any way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I could get hold of this edition of the magazine...as quoted in this rag.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/last-oscar-pistorius-interview-before-1723955
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it looks like you who were the one who started the baiting first. Sherlock:D

Put me on ignore as I have you, problem sorted :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm basing it on what he has said, after all, we cant just jump to wild conclusions that he was up arguing all night and preparing to shoot his girlfriend....................... oh wait.............

Just like we can't make wild assumptions he had three hours sleep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LH1 wrote: »
    If he thought he was in danger, which he says he did, then he'd have woken up pretty sharpish simply because adrenaline would be kicking in.

Probably. I would say if his story is true, at this point, the only thing he thought about, and probably hoped, was that a burglar was actually in his house, and he wanted to be a hero and kill him. (providing we believe his story of course, which isn't a great way to think is it)

He had a tweet about how he basically hoped there was someone in his house so he could go into "recon mode" or something with his gun
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I'm not presuming any such thing.

How about playing the ball, not the man?

If you don't like people disagreeing with you, maybe discussion forums aren't for you.

Anyway, if you know the difference between explaining and excusing, then I dont know why you've been accusing me of excusing him.

Oh , there you are wrong .I have no issue whatso ever with disagreement and discussion .What I cant be arsed with is argument for arguments sake . Big difference .,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone answer why in SA, so much has to be crammed into so little time? The whole pre-hearing seems to have been a rush job.

Why the urgency? Surely, with something like murder, they could take it a little easy, prepare, and not go in so under-prepared?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He told February’s edition of Afrikaan women’s mag Sarie: “It’s difficult to find the right person, one who is reliable and will keep your private things private"

Any thoughts...? :)
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was as paranoid about intruders as it's been made out, one would imagine he'd be a light sleeper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put me on ignore as I have you, problem sorted :D

ahhh, good reply again. Bite Bite:D
This discussion has been closed.