Options

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would really like to see some pictures of the toilet door, because it seems he shot through the upper part of the door, but bashed in the lower section panels.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    Gerona is in Spain.

There certainly is a Gerona in Spain, I had taken it that there must be a place with the same name in Italy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/last-oscar-pistorius-interview-before-1723955
    He also spoke of how he spends four months every year living in his home in Gerona, Italy – contradicting his lawyer’s submission during the bail hearing that he owns no such property.

Pistorius said the local mayor had even built a running track for him.

I believe the reason he said that he didn't own a house in Italy was because the mayor 'gave it to him'.
  • Options
    GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Pretty much, yes.

See posts 4286 and 4295.

I can't comment on what other people mean by that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    I would really like to see some pictures of the toilet door, because it seems he shot through the upper part of the door, but bashed in the lower section panels.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-first-pictures-bathroom-1719498

This is the only one I can find and it isn't the full view.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    OP must have bashed in a panel on the bottom half of the toilet door to be able to see the key on the floor and pick it up. That means, according to his testimony, that he did not try to open the door before discharging the bullets. He also seems to say that he fired in relative darkness when the light was not on, and only switched it on later, before breaking down the door.

Why was the key on the floor?.
    Also ,were you the poster who wrote a spent cartridge had been found in the bedroom or outside the bathroom at least?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    I agree, but you cant say that the witness heard things and that it proves there was an hour of agruments that proves Oscar was lying without hearing the witnesses and remembering the mess the policeman made of discribing where the witness was.

There was more than one witness.

I have never said that it proves he is lying. I have said that the fact that two witnesses claim to have heard arguing when OP says that he and Reeva were in bed asleep casts doubt on his version of events and I stand by that.

The policeman getting confused about where one of the witnesses was has absolutely no bearing on the veracity of what both witnesses claim to have heard. Using the poor performance of Botha at the bail hearing to try and discredit these witnesses is a cynical ploy by the defence team.

Only when they can give the testimony themselves in court can real conclusions be drawn.

They gave sworn statements that they heard an argument.

Why is my taking that as potentially true and therefore saying that Oscar claiming he was in bed might not be true any more unreasonable that people assuming that the witnesses were both 'imagining things' and couldn't have heard anything anyway?
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/23/pistorius-wants-to-contact-steenkamp-family
    "The family of Reeva is in (Oscar's) mind all the time and he knows his purpose would be to be part of the family in future."

Words fail me.

And this is disgusting:
    Big-money bids are said to be coming in for his story. "Everybody wants to interview him," van Zyl (Oscar's agent) added. "We're not going to do any interviews at this time. We'll sit down with the lawyers and make a decision."

Sounds like they're already totting up how much he can make from selling his story. What c***s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The toilet itself, where it is said Reeva was found slumped, is at the very back of the cubicle, which would imply that she was nearer to the toilet than the door of the cubicle when shot; which would suggest the bullets were shot towards the back of the cubicle.

Also, why OP did not hear a body hit the floor, because she fell backwards onto the toilet itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Reeva found sat on the toilet or..? Because if she was doesn't that verify his story? Why would she sit on the toilet if she was hiding from him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, because OP moved her body from the toilet cubicle, we only have his word for it that he found her slumped on the toilet.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she had been carried out of the cubicle and downstairs, by her killer.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    sofialady wrote: »
    Was Reeva found sat on the toilet or..? Because if she was doesn't that verify his story? Why would she sit on the toilet if she was hiding from him?

She was found downstairs .Only OP knows if she was sat on the toilet .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The prosecution say because Reeva was shot through her shorts, that she wasn't sitting on the toilet at the time, he fired into the cubicle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To match OP's story, the bullet's trajectory through the door would have to be either level or slightly downwards and diagonally towards the back of the cubicle. If he did not have his legs on, the bullets would be more or less level; if he had them on, they would be more downwards. But it is unlikely that the bullets could have been shot perpendicular to the door in order to achieve the hits, because then Reeva would have fallen onto the floor, rather than falling backwards onto the toilet; but we only have OP's word for her being slumped on the toilet after he opened the door. In other words, to match his story, the bullets should be more diagonally across the door than perpendicular to the door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only person who knows where Reeva was found is Oscar and he moved her body. So we have his word for where she actually was when he found her and no way of corroborating or disproving it (unless the forensics can somehow elucidate this).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    The only person who knows where Reeva was found is Oscar and he moved her body. So we have his word for where she actually was when he found her and no way of corroborating or disproving it (unless the forensics can somehow elucidate this).

Yes, one would hope blood splatters would corroborate this - if Botha hasn't contaminated the scene. Which i for one don't think he has, but some might say otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GinaH wrote: »
    The prosecution say because Reeva was shot through her shorts, that she wasn't sitting on the toilet at the time, he fired into the cubicle.

With the lid down it's just a seat, isn't it? You can sit on a toilet without using it for its main purpose! If she'd gone in there to get away from him, why wouldn't she sit down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the lid down it's just a seat, isn't it? You can sit on a toilet without using it for its main purpose! If she'd gone in there to get away from him, why wouldn't she sit down?

Well, yes she could have just sat down on it "to get away from him", or crouch in the corner, the defence are saying she went in there to relieve her bladder, not hide from OP. The facts that we know are are she was wearing her shorts at the time she was shot. Maybe she had finished her peeing and pulled them up? Hence OP heard the toilet flush. But this doesnt shed any light onto why she didnt shout out to him, presuming he did call out to Reeva to call the police before emptying four rounds into the toilet!
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes she could have just sat down on it "to get away from him", or crouch in the corner, the defence are saying she went in there to relieve her bladder, not hide from OP. The facts that we know are are she was wearing her shorts at the time she was shot. Maybe she had finished her peeing and pulled them up? Hence OP heard the toilet flush. But this doesnt shed any light onto why she didnt shout out to him, presuming he did call out to Reeva to call the police before emptying four rounds into the toilet!

I could be way far of the mark here, but if my hubby called out to an inturder in our house and I was in the loo with the door locked, i think I would stay there and keep quiet till I knew what was going on and it was safe to come out. We dont know exactly what he shouted and where and until the trial we wont know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could be way far of the mark here, but if my hubby called out to an inturder in our house and I was in the loo with the door locked, i think I would stay there and keep quiet till I knew what was going on and it was safe to come out. We dont know exactly what he shouted and where and until the trial we wont know.

The only thing we know is this:

I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps. I fired shots at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to phone the police. She did not respond and I moved backwards out of the bathroom, keeping my eyes on the bathroom entrance. Everything was pitch dark in the bedroom and I was still too scared to switch on a light. Reeva was not responding. When I reached the bed, I realised that Reeva was not in bed.

So did he fire and then shout out later? This we will learn at the trial, if he takes the stand.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he lies to save his own sorry ass, we'll never know the truth. Let's hope he's man enough to tell the truth, for the sake of his victim's family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could be way far of the mark here, but if my hubby called out to an inturder in our house and I was in the loo with the door locked......

Must say I do enjoy your consistent typo, very appropriate for discussions involving the "smallest room" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing we know is this:

I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps. I fired shots at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to phone the police. She did not respond and I moved backwards out of the bathroom, keeping my eyes on the bathroom entrance. Everything was pitch dark in the bedroom and I was still too scared to switch on a light. Reeva was not responding. When I reached the bed, I realised that Reeva was not in bed.

So did he fire and then shout out later? This we will learn at the trial, if he takes the stand.

He says that he shouted out to the intuders to get out of his house on his way to the bathroom.
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had he locked the bedroom door after getting his gun, sorry to be slow but I don't understand why the bedroom door was locked? Does anyone know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say I do enjoy your consistent typo, very appropriate for discussions involving the "smallest room" :D

Sorry I have problems with letters, bother you more than me.
This discussion has been closed.