Options

Updated: Vote on who you think will represent the UK this year?

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Joss Stone is a figure of ridicule in the uk though with her faux LA accent. I don't think the public would be pleased to see her represent.

If she won though she could change peoples minds on her.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the two its probably most unlikely to be on that list Paloma Faith and Nicole Scherzinger are leading. Even with a list of names we don't really have a clue where the BBC will go lol
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Norton didn't play her ;)

(I need a signature for this :D)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,525
    Forum Member
    Norton didn't play her ;)

(I need a signature for this :D)

I'm starting to think that Bonnie thing might just have been a very, very blatant clue!

(I hope it was just Graham being cheeky)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think that Bonnie thing might just have been a very, very blatant clue!

(I hope it was just Graham being cheeky)

Well his use of past and present tense would be seriously mucked up :p You know he's trolling us like that when he was laughing about the Langford rumour.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well his use of past and present tense would be seriously mucked up :p You know he's trolling us like when he was laughing about the Langford rumour.

Trolling us with uses of past and present tense as well

Chickens has a point!

And just because it's available on the net, doesn't mean that it's not possible ... BBC would prefer it if they had a song for someone, but if that someone comes to them with a song ....

Also just sayin'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bonnie's two ballads sound very promising- and people certainly seem to know her more than the Hump.

Germany & France would love her, at least, and I always like it when France give us points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Trolling us with uses of past and present tense as well

Chickens has a point!

And just because it's available on the net, doesn't mean that it's not possible ... BBC would prefer it if they had a song for someone, but if that someone comes to them with a song ....

Also just sayin'

I very much doubt that happens these days.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    At this rate it's looking like anything we send will be above the bottom of the board, as long as it's just a coherent song..

I do like that Believe In Me track though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLLibx28No

If it is Bonnie, this is a good example of a recent live performance in a Live TV setting.

Her voice goes a bit Czech 2007 at certain points, and her delivery style looks a bit dated, but there is great potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much doubt that happens these days.

Ready made song? With all the financial backing in place? All they would need to do would be sign on the dotted line and job done. Given that they wouldn't even need to sign a cheque, it sounds very likely to me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently, Bonnie Tyler and Elaine Paige turned down the chance to represent the UK in the 90's, and perhaps somewhat more surprisingly, so did Peters & Lee (and Slade) in the 70's!

We also dodged a bullet with Cilla Black, who was going to take part in 1970 and then fell pregnant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Ready made song? With all the financial backing in place? All they would need to do would be sign on the dotted line and job done. Given that they wouldn't even need to sign a cheque, it sounds very likely to me :D

I don't think any act or label would go up to the BBC asking to do ESC these days. Especially one that get concert, TV and radio appearances despite their career being stronger 25 years ago.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, Bonnie Tyler and Elaine Paige turned down the chance to represent the UK in the 90's, and perhaps somewhat more surprisingly, so did Peters & Lee (and Slade) in the 70's!

We also dodged a bullet with Cilla Black, who was going to take part in 1970 and then fell pregnant.

Didn't the Nolans take part in Song for Europe one year? That I would have loved to see :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't the Nolans take part in Song for Europe one year? That I would have loved to see :D

1979 came 4th in the final with "Harry, My Honolulu Lover"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got it on mp3 somewhere .... it's NOT good!

Alvin Stardust and the lead singer of the Bay City Rollers have also participated, as have The Foundations (of Build Me Up Buttercup fame)
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it is Bonnie, this is a good example of a recent live performance in a Live TV setting.

Her voice goes a bit Czech 2007 at certain points, and her delivery style looks a bit dated, but there is great potential.

Personally, I think it's awful

She can't hold a note anymore
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Another interesting point, BT's upcoming album (released 8th March) has 'Believe in Me' on it, complete with a radio edit of the song that's three minutes long...

But I agree, her live performances are ropey at best. :/
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    That Bonnie song is looking like a likely candidate. I don't think it would be terrible, but hard to get excited about.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how Graham basically confirmed it wasn't Bonnie by saying he has already played the artist yet people still think it is her
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Best song title ever! Well, apart from "Streisand Got There First" of course :D
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"This would have made the perfect Eurovision entry had the BBC chiefs not changed their mind at the last minute and given the gig to someone else!

So angry on Bonnie's behalf!"

Excuse me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    "This would have made the perfect Eurovision entry had the BBC chiefs not changed their mind at the last minute and given the gig to someone else!

So angry on Bonnie's behalf!"

Excuse me?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6yqtnvkf41r66ws7.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would never have been that song anyway, it's an old 'un

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbh2qhgJd1s