Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Santander - who are the three muppets in it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Oh, and the bloody Sky Go woman. "So I can download movies onto my ipad? And they'll be there on my ipad? And I can watch them on my ipad?"

TSFL (too stupid for life)

of course they conveniently do not mention that the movies will only be viewable for a short time due to DRM......
  • Options
    citytillidiecitytillidie Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I see Diet coke have gone back to stripping men again
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Diet Coke and drink gallons of the stuff but the latest advert actually puts me off. I prefer the polar bears.

The Bertolli spread advert. A group of old women sending their dog to steal a towel off a naked young man. Could you imagine the complaints if it was a group of old men stealing a towel off a young woman and leaving her naked.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say my big annoyance is I think the Dulux advert with a pink wall. Because obviously girls are that shallow, show 'em a pink wall and they're party in your flat and touch up the unatttractive bloke like no ones business. Now it's been a few years since I was a young 'un, but I pretty much know none of my mates really gave a stuff what colour the walls were when we went to a party.

I mean seriously? What a stupid, insulting, ridiculous advert.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    I much prefer the sequel to it :D;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM75eXq_FQE

Ha haaaaa :D

That 3 advert is cute for 1 second, but gets rubbish very quickly.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's likely already been mentioned in this thread but it annoys me how David Beckham says "we" in the Sainsbury's advert. Has he given up football to work in a supermarket then?
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered one that mega annoys me and has actually put me off the actor! Max Beesley and his 'course there's loads of jobs out there, just go and look for them you stupid people.' I hate the whole condescending you don't like Mondays so find a job where you can like Mondays. Totally ignores the fact that there aren't millions of jobs available and if you were in a hate Mondays job and were lucky to be one of the 100's that apply for another job and got it, it would most probably still be a hate mondays job, because in a lot cases, moving up to something better isn't an option.

I feel like it's government propoganda, the whole illusion of finding work in a recession is easy if you just get off your backside and yes, it bugs me big time.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Oh, and the bloody Sky Go woman. "So I can download movies onto my ipad? And they'll be there on my ipad? And I can watch them on my ipad?"

TSFL (too stupid for life)
    Spotted her in an ad for something about serenading your date cant remember what that shit was called. But it's definately her!
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Bertolli Olive Oil Spread has a man on a beach who has his towel pulled away by a dog. When the towel gets pulled away you can see the man's penis from behind! :eek:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    jende wrote: »
    Have to say my big annoyance is I think the Dulux advert with a pink wall. Because obviously girls are that shallow, show 'em a pink wall and they're party in your flat and touch up the unatttractive bloke like no ones business. Now it's been a few years since I was a young 'un, but I pretty much know none of my mates really gave a stuff what colour the walls were when we went to a party.

I mean seriously? What a stupid, insulting, ridiculous advert.

But to make you feel better you can get 3 samples for £1 :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It's likely already been mentioned in this thread but it annoys me how David Beckham says "we" in the Sainsbury's advert. Has he given up football to work in a supermarket then?

In my eyes he gave up football years ago for his modelling career and perfumes :yawn:

I'm have never been a fan of him :sleep:
  • Options
    PenicilinaPenicilina Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Spotted her in an ad for something about serenading your date cant remember what that shit was called. But it's definately her!

I was wondering that myself, she certainly gets around huh :p
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penicilina wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself, she certainly gets around huh :p
    Another Sky show. Says it all really.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Button, Ennis (?) and don't know.

Ennis will live for years off of the Olympics :yawn: They all seem to pop up everywhere.

Blooming awful ad.
  • Options
    Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Andrex now have the results of the scrunch or fold poll, looks like more people fold :eek:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Watched a show last night and discovered that at least one of the awful Direct Line ads with Alexander Armstrong and Chris Addison was directed by Graham Linehan (Father Ted, IT Crowd)
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    That ad with Eric Cantona in it.

I'm pretty sure he lies to a woman about being a farmer in order to get sex.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That ad with Eric Cantona in it.

I'm pretty sure he lies to a woman about being a farmer in order to get sex.

I really like that ad.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jensen Button, Rory McIlroy and Jess Ennis.

As for the topic - that HSBC commercial with the girl buying lemons (how many non-Francophones know French at that age?).
  • Options
    citytillidiecitytillidie Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I love Diet Coke and drink gallons of the stuff but the latest advert actually puts me off. I prefer the polar bears.

The Bertolli spread advert. A group of old women sending their dog to steal a towel off a naked young man. Could you imagine the complaints if it was a group of old men stealing a towel off a young woman and leaving her naked.

Nothing new there done before with the Kinder Bueno making men look like fools
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who thinks the polo advert is a bit creepy? You never see he mum til the end,it's all daddy looking after her, then he buys her a car and stands there in his little round glasses looking like he can't let her go...
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Ennis will live for years off of the Olympics :yawn: They all seem to pop up everywhere.

Blooming awful ad.

It's that Irish golfer, Rory something...
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just seen the Machine Mart advert - it rips of the Pepsi advert (rhyming scheme) ca. 1981 :mad:
  • Options
    holidaynumptyholidaynumpty Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Blooming awful ad.
    It's that Irish golfer, Rory something...

Amuses me how some don't know the one that is perhaps more globally famous than the other two put together.

Maybe if he was English then his name would slip more readily off the tongue.
This discussion has been closed.